Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Pointing out an incongruity in your own stated positions is trolling?

Red_Herring.jpg
Meth genuine question

Do you own any Yeezys or nah?

Dude, you are full of **** :lol:

Next time just post one of those struggle logical fallacy memes and spare me all this

Blessed Fam!

In these times of rising living costs / inflation I'm grateful.

You with the music?

Meth coming all the way down from mount high-upus, derailing threads just to let me know he's watching?

Free real estate from both?

200w.gif

:lol:

Rusty aint never far behind with the horn blowing.

Keeping tradition alive:

"The bandwagon gets its name from the nineteenth-century practice of political supporters jumping onto their parties’ bandwagons—literal wagons used to transport musical bands at rallies and parades."

reads title of thread

Note: "hijacking" of threads (posting with intent to derail a thread) and "copycat" threads (i.e. parodies mocking others' threads) will be considered trolling.

Section 4 - ETC

4. Administrators reserve the right to exercise discretion in removing any member whose conduct is deemed disrespectful or destructive to the community. Don't risk your membership over something foolish. If you are respectful to your fellow members at all times and handle conflict appropriately, your membership will never be in jeopardy.

cac.jpg

In this instance, I’m afraid you’re going to have to do more than just copy and paste from the Internet to make your point.

You’re allowed to engage in tangential arguments, but I’m not allowed to evaluate them?

If you’re that desperate to change the subject, I suppose you could always go back to discussing Kanye West, given your sudden concern with staying on topic.

In this instance, I’m afraid you’re going to have to do more than just copy and paste from the Internet to make your point.

You’re allowed to engage in tangential arguments, but I’m not allowed to evaluate them?

If you’re that desperate to change the subject, I suppose you could always go back to discussing Kanye West, given your sudden concern with staying on topic.

IJS - you looking real ADLish when my post was referencing folks coming together and you just had to make it all about you & your feelings.

Fam bringing out the files and everything :lol:

Free real estate from both?
He says, with his NikeTalk subscriber badge.

IJS - you looking real ADLish when my post was referencing folks coming together and you just had to make it all about you & your feelings.

Fam bringing out the files and everything :lol:
Smells like another red herring to me. I’ve been on here talking about commercial rap selling stereotypes to the suburbs long before you registered. I don’t only bring it up as a deflection.

We should be agreeing.

If we’re going to ask everyone else “where’s that same energy,” we have to practice what we preach.

As I’ve said:
If we're committed to equality, then we have to fight as hard for each other as we do for ourselves.

Too many people only care about something when they feel like it impacts them.

Aren’t you all about consistency and accountability?

Look at you now, swapping out the Chelseas for running shoes.

Selective outrage indeed.

There you go again.

Making everything about you.

I donated to Niketalk not MethTalk :lol:
This is getting weird.

I simply noticed an apparent contradiction, compared your opinions to your opinions, and rather than account for the disparity you instead chose to throw out a bunch of chaff and claim I’m 1) trolling 2) preoccupied with you 3) making it about me (despite asserting myself far less frequently than you.)

It's a classic case of pounding the table.

As such, I see no benefit to pressing the issue further.

do you think the standup that he preformed should be labeled as having an anti-semitic under tone?
It could appear that way because he implicitly asks why there are "a lot of Jews in Hollywood" without going into what he thinks the answer is. For the record, there IS an explanation for the overrepresentation (the same that explains the overrepresentation of Southeast Asians as gas station owners, black folks in sports, or South/Central Americans in agricultural fields), but it's much more nuanced than explanations that heavily lean on conspirational thinking.

Leaving the answer up in the air in the context of the current discussion, along with peppering his routine with variations of "we can't talk about the jews" (you can) can be seen as leading the audience towards the conspirational conclusion that is not spoken but understood.

This is the guy Kanye really wants to get mad at:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_C._Malone

And this is why:

The largest land owner in the US also owns the companies through which musicians get visibility and the ability to earn money for their live performances.

And he's of Irish descent.

It could appear that way because he implicitly asks why there are "a lot of Jews in Hollywood" without going into what he thinks the answer is. For the record, there IS an explanation for the overrepresentation (the same that explains the overrepresentation of Southeast Asians as gas station owners, black folks in sports, or South/Central Americans in agricultural fields), but it's much more nuanced than explanations that heavily lean on conspirational thinking.

Leaving the answer up in the air in the context of the current discussion, along with peppering his routine with variations of "we can't talk about the jews" (you can) can be seen as leading the audience towards the conspirational conclusion that is not spoken but understood.

To be fair, he didn't ask. He stated if you visit Hollywood you would notice a lot of people are jewish and could make the leap they would be in power but would be crazy to say out loud. I'm not defending anything he said, I disagree with the leave black people alone as they did nothing to jewish people historically point, but the amount of criticism he's receiving does not seem to match up to the content of the monologue. My issue is the idea his monologue is somehow normalizing anti-semitism. Commenting on the backlash individuals receive does not some how normalize anti-semitism.

To be fair, he didn't ask.
Which is why I said the question was implicit.

He stated if you visit Hollywood you would notice a lot of people are jewish and could make the leap they would be in power but would be crazy to say out loud.

Why would you instantly make the leap that they would be in power? It sounds like the manifestation of a learned stereotype to me. Nobody makes the same initial assumption when watchings sports.

Commenting on the backlash individuals receive does not some how normalize anti-semitism.
I think people are spilling a lot of saliva and ink to give Kanye the benefit of the doubt where there shouldn't be any: he said what he said, what he said was wrong, and he doubled down on it. If Chappelle doesn't think the backlash is warranted, he's got to come up with a better explanation than "it's a lot of you guys over there."

The irony of the situation is that Kanye West is playing the victim of a shadow conspiracy when he was (and probably still is) one of the most influential people in the world, which should be proof enough that financial and cultural power doesn't give unlimited license to be an ***. Of course, realizing this requires a certain level of self-reflection he's proven not to have.

Stewart sounds like when third-way Democrats talked about the GOP: give them an inch and maybe they'll give us an inch back in return. We've seen how well that worked out.

LOL.

Here's the thing: to have a productive discussion, both parties have to share a common, basic set of truths; it's a waste of time for an astronaut (or even an astronomer) to discuss the solar system with a flat-earther. They have to agree on the shape and mechanisms of celestial objects first. The issue is made even more difficult to tolerate when the flat-earther decides that they will impose their understanding of the universe by force. Hard to maintain a discussion in such conditions.

The problem is epistemological: there no longer is an agreement on what's real/valid/true and what isn't because our means of communication (namely, the internet and social media) have made it possible for alternative "knowledge" bubbles to amplify and segregate. For Stewart's solution to work, something will have to pop these bubbles and force folks to share the same public square/debate space again in order to challenge one another's basic truths and settle on what's right and what's wrong.

Stewart sounds like when third-way Democrats talked about the GOP: give them an inch and maybe they'll give us an inch back in return. We've seen how well that worked out.

LOL.

Here's the thing: to have a productive discussion, both parties have to share a common, basic set of truths; it's a waste of time for an astronaut (or even an astronomer) to discuss the solar system with a flat-earther. They have to agree on the shape and mechanisms of celestial objects first. The issue is made even more difficult to tolerate when the flat-earther decides that they will impose their understanding of the universe by force. Hard to maintain a discussion in such conditions.

The problem is epistemological: there no longer is an agreement on what's real/valid/true and what isn't because our means of communication (namely, the internet and social media) have made it possible for alternative "knowledge" bubbles to amplify and segregate. For Stewart's solution to work, something will have to pop these bubbles and force folks to share the same public square/debate space again in order to challenge one another's basic truths and settle on what's right and what's wrong.
Hot air.

YOU don’t have to AGREE to UNDERSTAND

^to my defense…I’m being censored so I be missing a lot trying to sneak in replies that are actually approved

Back
Top Bottom