pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by D723

Uh, aye J. Cole how you do that there?
I heard you blowin up I'm like "True that, yeah."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
he really didn't have any business doing his own version.

some songs should be left alone and this is one of them

pimp.gif

Song is one of those joints that I remembrr exactly what I was doing when I heard it for the first time....freshman year in 2004 .As soon as the beat dropped I knew it was an instant classic.

Top 3 Yeezy joint for me.  The vibe of the song was just PERFECT!  Even after the song is "over," him talking  to that beat is just refreshing and lets me mellow out to it.  Especially when the plucking of the strings come in.  
pimp.gif
  Also love how he got everyone to adlib what he was explaining.  CLASSIC record!

Some say he arrogant. Can y'all blame him?
It was straight embarrassing how y'all played him
Last year shoppin my demo, I was tryin' to shine
Every @$*@%%#$+%!% told me that I couldn't rhyme
Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem
Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams
I use it as my gas, so they say that I'm gassed
But without it I'd be last, so I ought to laugh

pimp.gif

That beat & sample is perfection too... Great way to end the album.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by D723

Uh, aye J. Cole how you do that there?
I heard you blowin up I'm like "True that, yeah."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
he really didn't have any business doing his own version.

some songs should be left alone and this is one of them

pimp.gif
This
pimp.gif

I still don't like how he took Cam's Miracle Whip line tho
grin.gif

Honestly looking back, J. Cole thinking he could just hop on this like it's all fine and dandy might be one of the many reasons why I don't really mess w/ him.
laugh.gif

This is one of the most personal songs of the man's career and you're just gonna use it for some random mixtape?
grin.gif

Not to mention, this dude's talking about farts again.  On a !@@$!@* masterpiece.
tired.gif

J Cole is a very talented producer, but he should have left this and Tupacs "Pain" alone.
This song is the best outro ever made, Kanye summarizes his path to releasing his debut, describes his intentions of taking over the rap game, describes his insecurities, and displays his bravado, all intertwined with the best beat on the album.  Kanye at his best IMO.

And I know this is off topic, but it always struck me as dope how he sites Mase as an influence multiple times. You can say what you want about Mase, but he originated the style a lot of these cats are running with, and Ye has always given his due. Again, dope song.

This is one of kanye's best track but not In my top 5, n
Been following kanye since about 1999 and have heard him use that line, I also like the unreleased song "wow" which he raps a lil in this song. This song is a close 2nd to Through the Wire as being the best song on the album IMO

I think Cole should have left it alone

Oh i knew that cole world dude would come in here. He hates Kanye so bad that he doesn't even realize Cole takes quite alot of things from Kanye.

Back
Top Bottom