Kanye West Starting Sneaker Company

Two Fridays ago Kanye West and GLC appeared on BET's 106 and Park to discuss music, upcoming projects, and the Nike Air Yeezy. While we reported onFriday that he proclaimed that Kanye had the hood in mind when designing the $215 Nike Air Yeezys and the $800+ Louis Vuitton sneakers, he did drop a littlehint of an upcoming sneaker line that wasn't previously discussed.

Speaking about his interview in Complex Magazine about the Nike Air Yeezy, Kanye stated the following:

"I wish Nike would give me a deal, I wish Louis would give me a deal. Since that hasn't happened yet, I am in the process of making my owncompany from scratch to put out to my people."

At this point we will have to wait to see what will come of this, but this sounds like an interesting move for Kanye.

Geez, this is exactly what we don't need.

"he proclaimed that Kanye had the hood in mind when designing the $215 Nike Air Yeezys and the $800+ Louis Vuitton sneakers"

My head is about to explode trying to grasp this statement. Did he mean "exploiting the hood" in mind?

Good way ta get mo money...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But i kno dey finna b wackin on da prices...
eyes.gif

yeah but lookin at how crazy the yeezys went, ppl gona cop these too even if they got a high tag

sneaker company's by hiphop artists always suck. cant kanye just be happy with his LV and Nike shoe's smh

Originally Posted by LukeJAYWALKER23

Getting greedy. It's going to be his downfall.
agreed , one kaney shoe is enought , but a whole line is gonna be wack . the beasts will beast on them for a sec . but theres no future in thefrontin

Or you just make it super limited and expensive as bad as that seems its the best way to go look at Pharrell and BBC and Icecream those brands are probably thebest examples of successful distribution.

quote:

Or you just make it super limited and expensive as bad as that seems its the best way to go look at Pharrell and BBC and Icecream those brands are probably thebest examples of successful distribution.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yeah, because those ice cream reebok shoes did sooooo well....
grin.gif

Originally Posted by macgyver35

quote:

Or you just make it super limited and expensive as bad as that seems its the best way to go look at Pharrell and BBC and Icecream those brands are probably the best examples of successful distribution.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yeah, because those ice cream reebok shoes did sooooo well....
grin.gif
those were generally released though so it doesent really fall under what im talking about
grin.gif

if hova couldnt sell a sig shoe with an NBA player(jamal crawford) rockin em on court and all of RBK's advertisment kayne aint gonna do it....Limitedreleases thru established brands only way any artist gonna sell anything and thats only cause people hype em.

this should be interesting. i can't wait to see his response if/when they fail.

This is gonna get tired real quick, hes only in the sneaker game cus its lucrative right now. It's so lame when rappers bring out clothing/shoe lines,Puffy was the pioneer of the branding/merchandise rap game ever since then its been done already.

He should just stay in the studio and do what hes good at and leave the fashion show to the women, if you wanna make extra cash go on tour.

that's funny, i was just reading an interview in an old time magazine, shortly after donda west passed..

kanye was talking that, "some people chase money, i pursue happiness."

but yeah, not to stereotype too much, but it's kinda ironic to me how the hood stays in fresh gear, and the burbs stay in beat up running shoes.

I think this could actually work and would sell.
The problem with Ice Creams or S. Carters is their design were just plain and unoriginal.

Not only is Kanye on a whole new other level right now with popularity and hype, he also actually designed original shoes, enough that you can say: "Hey,I have not seen many of those around."
Kanye has a bigger cult following that Pharrell or Jay-Z when it comes to fashion, people would kill to dress like him.
Say what you want about it being hype, but it does sell and Kanye is banking on it right now.

Take Kanye's name off of the Air Yeezy's and make it unlimited with the same price tag and it will be sitting in the store with everything waiting forit to go on sale.
But put Kanye in it, hype it up for years with teaser pics and make it limited and bam, you got gold.

Kanye has done the same with the LV's, teaser here and there and I am afraid that it will sell even at that high retail.
He is pushing the limits with the pricing but he is also testing the waters.
If the LV x KW does not sell due to high prices, making his own shoe line will be a good selling point where you can buy similar designed shoe for a lotcheaper.
If it does sell well even at high prices, then he has a set benchmark for his sig line.
That is pure genius I think.

Also, Jay-Z is actually releasing a new shoe on June 1st.

Rocawear's R+ Sneaker:

3106_288257937214d6e97ae0410e730a0ece.jpg

3164_ac410b377c0af782eb831b9e2bf51a5a.jpg

It is pretty much AF1 with boot-like uppers.

^ yeah, basically. Not bad looking but nothing worth sneezing at.

Kanye has shown his status/celebrity appeal carries zing with those who like the nicer things....but I think an affordable Kanye line would do very well.Brands like Protege and the limited success of the Starbury line show the market for lowest priced sneakers is there.

Those brands are pushing average NBA players as spokespeople; having your spokesperson being on the cover of every hip hop mag, playing on every top 40 radiostation and having people in the streets clamoring to look like Kanye all will push this lower-end Kanye brand to success, esp in these economic times.

those roca wwear joint suck, and it could go either way for kanye...should make a special pair of gheyfish's since he like fishsticks

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think this could actually work and would sell.
The problem with Ice Creams or S. Carters is their design were just plain and unoriginal.

Not only is Kanye on a whole new other level right now with popularity and hype, he also actually designed original shoes, enough that you can say: "Hey, I have not seen many of those around."
Kanye has a bigger cult following that Pharrell or Jay-Z when it comes to fashion, people would kill to dress like him.
Say what you want about it being hype, but it does sell and Kanye is banking on it right now.

Take Kanye's name off of the Air Yeezy's and make it unlimited with the same price tag and it will be sitting in the store with everything waiting for it to go on sale.
But put Kanye in it, hype it up for years with teaser pics and make it limited and bam, you got gold.

Kanye has done the same with the LV's, teaser here and there and I am afraid that it will sell even at that high retail.
He is pushing the limits with the pricing but he is also testing the waters.
If the LV x KW does not sell due to high prices, making his own shoe line will be a good selling point where you can buy similar designed shoe for a lot cheaper.
If it does sell well even at high prices, then he has a set benchmark for his sig line.
That is pure genius I think.

People into fashion don't want to dress like Kanye at all.. and everyone used to dress like Pharrell in 2006 so there goes another argument.. oh and louisvuitton x kanye shoes can sell for that price because it's louis vuitton.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Geez, this is exactly what we don't need.

"he proclaimed that Kanye had the hood in mind when designing the $215 Nike Air Yeezys and the $800+ Louis Vuitton sneakers"

My head is about to explode trying to grasp this statement. Did he mean "exploiting the hood" in mind?
co****ingsign

Back
Top Bottom