kanye west vs. fifty cent (sept 11th)

got the kanye off the matrix.

its nice. feeling Big Brother. Flashing Lights. and Goodlife...

pretty well rounded album. can tap all genres i think, but im no OMD tho...but thats just my honest opinion.

doubt fifty can do that..but we shall see.

I got kanye winning it. ONLY if that country star dont jack em BOTH up and claim #1.

I'VE LISTENED TO BOTH ALBUM SINCE THURSDAY. AND MY HONEST OPINION....THEY'RE BOTH TRASH

let me say it was a dissapointment...

I didn't expect much from 50...I knew what was coming..weak lyrics..him singin but tight @#%$ beat....well exactly what I thought...even most the beats were wack...
His lyrical content is the same and never will change...

I listened to kanye and I was like @#%$....
The production on tracks were tight on a few...but the lyrical and music content was so lame and water down. Definetly a dissappoint to me from his last 2 cds....I thought it would have been fresh..wrong

the only tracks i mess with hard are stronger, cant tell me nothing and big brother....there are some others that are sub par..good life ok...champion ok...drunk girls trash

But hey what can you excpect from to commercial artist....there was and is so much hype with this...atleast I'm saving 10 dollars...

Man I miss the era where you can buy an album and it was raw all the way through....music is not the same anymore....

INDUSTRYDESIGNS
we are what's INMYSPACEINDUSTRY DESIGNS

Haven't heard 50's, but KanYe's album is a breath of fresh, a reoccurring theme with his albums. It's the best album of 2007, easily. It's a classic in the making.
Album of the year, KanYe West's Graduation, in stores 9/11.
(Big brother saw me at the bottom of the totem, now I'm on the top and everybody on the scrotum - K. West)

I honestly can't call it without it being biased.

I'm just not a big fan of Kanye. Period. He does have a couple songs I mess with though. Flashing Lights will be in rotation for a while. Can anyone ID the sample :nerd:
nerd.gif
but is finally gaining momentum. But then again you think, "Its 50... he will sell" Kanye got off to a good start and the only way to go is up for him.

I'm goin with Kanye simply on the fact that he appeals to a broader audience..

Team PokerStars
"Duece, Seven... I'm ALL-IN"
"I'VE NEVER WORKED A DAY IN MY LIFE"​
John Madden​

drunk girls IS trash...but i BET you this will be the track to take him "over" to the other side....demo wise...

mos def spazzed out in the end.

Big Brother is my favorite kanye track at the moment.

oh and I had the kanye last week Tuesday dimez. step ya iHustle game up hahaha.

yeah big brother is fire....

im def gonna listen to kanyes album all weekend to make sure im not being to critical....

as far as 50 i dont know if i will give it another chance..the sad thing is i like him...i used to feel 50 before GRDT...from the power of a dollar days to guess whos back...for some who really had some skillz it sad how they can fall off...

haha iCAN....step my game up??? man you got more connections then i do...

INDUSTRYDESIGNS

I gotta get these joints for real...

I haven't even listened to Mos Defs new joint and it aint even new anymore.

50 to me is only good on Underground remix joints...but I haven't heard anything new that isn't on the Radio..> I haven't been up top in a while or to the Barbershop since taking it all off a month ago...

Gotta get back in the swing before the trip west ward..as I will be 6 months behind instead of ahead music wise
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Kanyes album sucked. I only peeped it for the mos track and it was horrid. MOS DEF CAN SING ON A TRACK. KANYE WEST CAN NOT! PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW HIM TO DO THAT AGAIN!

I like the Big Brother joint alot...Cant tell me nothin' is a nice anthem'@#%$ joint. I like Mos Def's contribution...

Havnt checked out 50 yet, bcuz only the clean version was available last I checked.
YOU NIKETALK DUDES THAT KNOW ME...
WILL BE PROUD TO SEE HOW I DO THINGS.

I have only heard the radio songs from both but, I will be copping the Kanye. Fifty lost me a long time ago. I wish musicians today would stop worrying about first week sales and focus on giving the people quality music. Nowadays everybody wants to be a soundscan expert including the fans. If the Beatles, Bob Marley and all the other great artists in history focued on the money over the music we would not have any thing to measure as quality music.
STOCKS & BONDS
TEES COMING SOON

ive never bought any of 50 music and dont plan to. he has some noice songs that are out but i just cant get down with that. i like kanye so ill probably go and scoop up Graduation.

Well I have KanYe Track Listinds:

1. Good Morning (Intro)
2. Champion
3. Stronger
4. I Wonder
5. Good Life (feat. T-Pain)
6. Can't Tell Me Nothin
7. Barry Bonds (feat. Lil Wayne)
8.Drunk and Hot Girls (feat. Mos Def)
9. Flashing Lights (feat. Dwele)
10. Everything I Am
11. Glory
12. Homecoming (feat. Chris Martin)
13. Big Brother

Whole album is pretty hot to me, Except for Drunk & Hot Girls, just can't get into it. A lot of his tracks areeasily looked over, but then again, nobody listens to lyrics anymore, unless it talks about dope dealing.... I think its time 50 call AARP and gets his 401 K straight....

flashing lights and glory is ok....i wonder is trash but the beat is nasty...homecoming was better when it was home and should of kept john lengend on it but the sample couldnt clear....barry bond is so so but lil wayne verse is trash....cmon compare to late registration and college drop out...this is garbage...it is....im waiting for hi tek to drop another album...
INDUSTRYDESIGNS

Kanye's album is ok. I see that is the consensus here too. Lotta hype but not as major as it should have been
Another one bites the dust!

i may be the only person waiting till next week to cop the album i just hate 50 but knowing myself illl have the album burned by 6 tonight :lol:
laugh.gif

Team DC/MD/VA
Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
O.G. Member # 11
you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

I agree with iCan, I was extremely dissapointed with Drunk Girls. Mos didn't play a big enough role. But aside from that I love the CD. I hope 'Ye outsells 50, but I see 50 barely incching him out.
You don't see just how wild my style is, I don't see why I need a stylist, when I shop so much I can speak Italian
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest​

the only song that i really mess with is Drunk and Hot Girls. of all the weird songs/lyrics/things kayne has done, i really didnt think that particular song would have gotten such negative reviews. i think the only reason people dont like it is because it was him and mos def and they thought it was gonna sound completely different. similar to the way i felt when i heard Touchdown by TI and Eminem. :smh:
smh.gif
THE GREAT GUILLERMO
THE FEDS CAN SUCK MY
VICKS​

Best track on 50 is "I Get Money" and the way the clubs are bump'n it.... it will have a shelf life of three more weeks... lol

Kanye- It is decent but I agree... and breath of fresh air. Common's joint is better and so is Talib K.
If it was not for the new-age Native Tongues hip-hop would be a complete washout. After being foolish enuff to watch the Ozone Awards (SMH)......there is a complete dumbing down of Hip-Hop... no lyrical content, everybody is a thug/pimp/mobster { wearing "colorful" clothes no less-lol} Eveything from , Hurricane Chris, Soldier Boy, Shop Boys... stay in school kids and get an education... no child left behind my @#%$... whole generation left in pastures....

Two words...

Finding Forever.

Any questions?

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

Personally I thought Finding Forever was nowhere near Be. that's one of my favorite CD's in a while.
You don't see just how wild my style is, I don't see why I need a stylist, when I shop so much I can speak Italian
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest​

Back
Top Bottom