keep dc black t shirts

The first time I saw this shirt, was last year in the Tabi Bonney video. Its at the end of the video.

I saw a guy wearing that same one from the video at the Metro station when I was picking a friend up. Ive torn the internet apart to no avail. If I cant findthem soon Im gonna screen them myself.

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure it's referring to the gentrification that's goin on in DC right now... White folks movin in and buyin all the real estate forinsane prices, forcing all the blacks to move out of places they've lived in for years... That's basically it...

Originally Posted by RonMexico7

I'm pretty sure it's referring to the gentrification that's goin on in DC right now... White folks movin in and buyin all the real estate for insane prices, forcing all the blacks to move out of places they've lived in for years... That's basically it...
DING.... DING.... DING....DING...

I'm pretty sure it's referring to the gentrification that's goin on in DC right now... White folks movin in and buyin all the real estate for insane prices, forcing all the blacks to move out of places they've lived in for years... That's basically it...

Its not even White/Black, to me. Its a class thing. The poor people getting pushed out by the people who have the money to do so and buy into the area.There are some parts of D.C. that NEED to be cleaned up and improved. I don't know if gentrification is the right answer, sometimes its not, but if youkeep letting a broken pipe leak water without doing anything, its not going to fix itself. So many preventable problems in the hood, so many problems thataren't preventable, its a sad situation for everybody...

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Its not even White/Black, to me. Its a class thing. The poor people getting pushed out by the people who have the money to do so and buy into the area. There are some parts of D.C. that NEED to be cleaned up and improved. I don't know if gentrification is the right answer, sometimes its not, but if you keep letting a broken pipe leak water without doing anything, its not going to fix itself. So many preventable problems in the hood, so many problems that aren't preventable, its a sad situation for everybody...

That may be true, but what do you think is going to happen to the people who are forced to leave. They will just move to a new area (PG,MC, or NOVA) andbring their problems with them. So yes they are making DC better but it's just going to make neighboring areas worse off ....

Originally Posted by apwrxmd

Its not even White/Black, to me. Its a class thing. The poor people getting pushed out by the people who have the money to do so and buy into the area. There are some parts of D.C. that NEED to be cleaned up and improved. I don't know if gentrification is the right answer, sometimes its not, but if you keep letting a broken pipe leak water without doing anything, its not going to fix itself. So many preventable problems in the hood, so many problems that aren't preventable, its a sad situation for everybody...

That may be true, but what do you think is going to happen to the people who are forced to leave. They will just move to a new area (PG,MC, or NOVA) and bring their problems with them. So yes they are making DC better but it's just going to make neighboring areas worse off ....

Very true, but you can't blame the city for trying to clean up its problems. Gentrification shouldn't be the only way to 'fix' things, butits probably the easiest and most common...

That may be true, but what do you think is going to happen to the people who are forced to leave. They will just move to a new area (PG,MC, or NOVA) and bring their problems with them. So yes they are making DC better but it's just going to make neighboring areas worse off ....
id rather live in pg transplanted with dc, than dc without a trace of culture or colorful contrast stitched sweatsuits

Very true, but you can't blame the city for trying to clean up its problems. Gentrification shouldn't be the only way to 'fix' things, but its probably the easiest and most common...

My whole view on the issue is to leave DC the way it is, I understand that gentrification is a quick way to resolve the issue and other methods of fixingthe problems may take more time or cost more money. But DC isn't THAT bad to the point where gentrification should be the only reasonable solution.Gentrification isn't solving any problem and if anything is making it worse for other people that have to take in the "hood" of DC.

okay, so has anyone figured out where these are coming from yet?
if i cant find em by this weekend im just gonna screen em.
who wants

gonna send to my printing guy tomorrow while im at work, ill update with pics when i get em back. what sizes

Are we to assume the only people who can't afford the cost of living are black people? What about the other minorities that are in DC? How about "KeepDC Colored"?
laugh.gif

i wouldn't participate in that kind of nonsense... don't quite understand why anyone would want to walk around with a shirt with that slogan on it, butto each his own!!!

racist %$!*%*% ... on the real though, im boutta start printin shirts that say "keep corporate america white" or "keep bowie white" eventhough thats already down the tubes ... this is pushing the line between blacks claiming to fight for equality and just being on some other type stuff

rather than an increase in division i think on a larger level it's symbolic of the way that peole are overlooked and excluded from economic growth andother benefits most of us subconsciously take part in by living/working in the nation's capitol. i wouldnt say that these shirts are even intended to playa role in the on-going fight for equality but they would serve as head turners in the struggle for recognition and consideration. everytime i go to a senatehearing or an economic security conference i see the way that entire segments of the population are overlooked with regard to policy and it trickles down allthe way until you get gentrification and biased zoning issues.

just my two cents...

people reading into this @+*! too much like it was a lil wayne lyric or something ... aside from the fact that its ignorant, the shirt has no place in society... i would think everyone wants racism to go away, right? *%+ does being black have to do with DC or gentrification? I bet jay-z could snatch up that"white real estate" if he wanted to ... but i bet at the same time jay-z not gonna take a hit on selling that land back to what this shirt suggests"black" people who cant fford what its really worth ... theres enough affluent black people out there that can purchase whatever they want ... now ifits not the black people that you want to be living there, thats a different story ... point being its not a color thing

now lets say i wear this shirt ... im white and im just strolling down the street minding my business ... you gonna look at me and say, yeah son hes supportingus? (whatever the hell im supporting) ... or you gonna look at me as a racist white dude saying dont bring that poor @+*! too my neigborhood? or how about im a!+@$+* just thinkin im cool cuz im wearing a shirt that black people wear?

Back
Top Bottom