Kendal Fenwick, the man who died protecting his kids from drug dealers

First off rest in peace to that man, very sad and unfortunate.hope his family gets through this. Maybe a go fund me so they can get a new car for protection. Smdh

295 people have been killed in bmore this year :x please tell me that was a typo

but dude got a point...we gotta stop being hyprocrites
Agreed its sickening, i wish there was more consistency with the outrage regardless of the killers race.

Heres is chicagos numbers and its still november smgdh.. SICKENING
Shot & Killed: 392
Shot & Wounded: 2263
Total Shot: 2655
Total Homicides: 444

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford those storys you listen to might be storys to the fake as ppl rapping it and profiting, but they sure as heck arent false storys.they literally happen every day out here. Drill music? Just storys? No not at all, ish is fuel to the fire. And yes those storys are respected and idolized by ppl and kids or you wouldnt be listening to it. Dont tell me the old "i listen to music for the beat" stuff. Rapping about killing drug dealing and gang activity keep it alive and in your face. These statistics below are from the city where drill music started and most dominant i believe. Coincidence?

Shot & Killed: 392
Shot & Wounded: 2263
Total Shot: 2655
Total Homicides: 444

I really dobt have a point to prove im just stating how i see things. Also not here for a debate honestly but im just saying. Really intetested to see a few of the usual race argumental niketalkers opinion on this,but i doubt well see them in here. This world gets closer and closer to animalism and is more self destructive by the day. Truly disappointing.

Sorry for the essay guys bit this hits home for me.

-Not going to repeat what Lionblood said because that post was :smokin

Somehow placing all the blame on rap music when the condition in places like Chicago are result of many other factors.

But did you even follow the the exchange me and dude had? He excused of glorify gang/violence/drug culture simply because I enjoy trap music. I even acknowledge these things happen in real life, just that other things have brought us to this place, not trap music.

Drill/Trap music is a symptom, it is not the disease.

You just like him want to psycho analyze me of why I listen to trap music without even stop for a second to ask me. :lol:

Would you also like to info me on why I listen: to Classical, jazz, Sinatra, soul, The Beatles, R&B, Raggae, Soca, mainstream rap, pop music, and rock as well? So miss me with this notion that I only must be listening to this music because lower middle class and poor kids might look up to the gangster portrayed in the music.

What you're doing is is kind to telling someone that Modern Warfare 2 is radicalizing people, and how dere you like that game because.....post stats about terrorist attacks and drone killings. Never once stopping to think that maybe he just like playing FPS games

-------Drill music is art imitating life, not the other way around, if Chief Keef, Lil Reese, Lil Durk, Mouse and all them other dude went away tomorrow, if trap music cease to exist, the city would still be in shambles because the systems and forces leading young men toward that way life would still be there.

These boys are turning towards that life not because of some drill music, because all the things Lionblood spelled out and add to that the scare economic opportunities these young me have.

We know the main consumers of rap music are white people. Suburban teens listen to trap music too, and people don't worry about them being turned towards that life. Because we assume that people all the opportunities they have, why would they.

I lived near a predominantly poor white "ghetto" in Long Island. The Shirley/Mastic Beach area, these folk weren't bumping rap music, there were no drill rappers promoting the "culture". Yet you still see the same drugs, crime, gangs, and violence you see in predominantly poorer black neighborhoods.

So we infer that people a) can consume trap music without it result in them being pushed in that life, and b) in the absence of trap music promoting a "culture" people still engage in these destructive behaviors when economic opportunities are low

I get your upset at what is going on in your city, and think every lil things might help,but focus you anger and frustration towards things that are really causing problem. And is not me or anyone else bumping some Gucci

Last edited:
i dunno guys these young dudes are HEAVILY influenced by the musics lyrics and the lifestyle those dudes portray.

yall wouldnt know because it seems you are all out of touch with those living that life,

i for one can tell you that they do in fact look up to these dudes and want to be packing a burner in their waist.

this is what its all about nowadays, how will your friends know you are living that life unless you take pics of yourself holding a gun, 

or even better, recording your crimes.

dont attack homie for saying that brothas need to do better by sticking together , thats falling right into the trap IMO.

hispanics are going through the same thing, and they have been for the last 4 decades, some of this stuff is just our way of life in certain parts.

for some folks this music is entertainment and i can tell by you dudes commenting that you probably work in an office and wear colorful button ups,

you change your voice at work then get off work and..

office-space-rapping-o.gif

Y'all let that other ***** turn this into a discussion about whether rap is to blame for this type of **** when I Never said that. I have no idea why y'all let him take y'all down that path to prove some sort of point.

I simply bought up the hypocritical nature of being sad about the **** when It happens in real life but when it's a beat and a hook behind it you find it to be the coolest **** in the world.

That don't have **** to do with blaming rap for violence so why are y'all taking it there?

Last edited:
I'm not going to say I blame rap outright, but it definitely adds fuel to the fire. Anger and animosity are natural emotions, with or without violent music, the music just advocates handling situations in a detrimental way.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say I blame rap outright, but it definitely adds fuel to the fire. Anger and animosity are natural emotions, with or without violent music, the music just advocates handling situations in a detrimental way.

Rap music may not have a positive message but do I think it has any significant effect on people that are already statistically more likely to resort to crime simply because they're poor? No I don't. Broken families, poor education, systematic/institutional racism take the cake for that. I'm not going to blame rap for something that statistically already has a high chance of occurring.

He said he was pleasantly surprised by what you said. I think the pleasantly takes the sarcasm out of it.

I agree, the "kill our be kill" savage mentality must go. It's so ingrained at this point that it just seems part of "black/hood life."

I think I'm going to make a thread about the black community, what issues we face and what can be done to improve it. We accept and embrace too many issues that should be dealt with.

Funny you bring up Sopranos, because Itailians don't idolize mob culture the way that we idolize so called "entertainment" that just happens to be real.

I also doubt there could ever be a Jewish rapper that rapped about how cool gas chambers are and they'd eat up every word and pass it off as entertainment.

We are the only people on earth that can have our gift of music being used to perpetuate and celebrate genoicde and chaos and then be stupid enough to defend it as mere entertainment.

One of those idiots you guys love in the music forum has a song where he says "stray bullets hitting kids"...and in the tyshawn Lee thread I see some of the same dudes in there talking about how sad that was.

If you can't see the ridiculousness in that...That's on you.

RIP.

hopefully they catch the guy and this incident doesn't discourage his kids.

sad
mean.gif
frown.gif

Zone 15 :smh:

The city been on fire lately. Feels like the 90s/Early 2000s again. Hit the 300 mark this weekend. Everybody in Baltimore parts ways saying "Be safe yo". Didn't realize it was weird til I moved to ATL for college.

Random group texts from my moms the other day echoing that sentiment. Been ducked off deep in the county the past 2 years, and feel far removed. Only 10 mins from the city is being far away. I go round the way every now and then, and it's same old same old.

Don't know too much about this situation, but I know some of these youngins think killing is like a video game. Clearance rate still high. They figure it's a 60% chance they beat the case. Most of the murders here are drug/beef related though, so there is always a "motive", even though I personally don't see **** as worth losing lives over.

Rip to shorty. Feel like I've typed RIP too many times to be only 25. Numb. SMH

Thats not even the half of it man. I have lived in baltimore city for 2 years now and post riots it has been a mess. Murder rates are through the roof but "petty" crimes are just as bad if not worse. These kids know they can get away with Breaking and Entering and rob people without the cops doing a thing.

Ive posted it before but my neighbor (a female) was chocked out and robbed of her purse and belonging at 6pm in the afternoon just walking from her car to her house. Last weekend my neighbor right next door got their house broken into while she was home they stole everything and her car keys then proceeded to steal her two cars in the middle of the night. We have had numerous broken car windows numerous stories of house break ins that people woke up for and "ran" the perpetrator off. Man the drugs and the violence in the city is extremely high and criminals basically know they can get away with a lot of it.

Baltimore like a war torn city :x

Shame my grandad growing old in that bum *** city but luckily he's in a decent neighborhood

Being from the DC side of town,this still hurts that Baltimore is falling apart. I have plenty of friends from out there or going to school out there or even living in the area. The city needs some real help, but the question is what can we really do to change the culture there?

Almost like we need a community military group to take back the streets at this point. the true law enforcement doesn't really care and it seems that many of us don't care either until it hits home. When people are living a certain life and die as a result, I am saddened that it happened but understand the consequences of one's actions for living a particular lifestyle. However, this situation is different and it pisses me off that a man is dead for trying to give his children a better environment to grow up in.

This went under the radar also because of the attacks in Paris and people fighting that w/ the attacks that happened in Kenya back in April.

Almost like we need a community military group to take back the streets at this point. the true law enforcement doesn't really care and it seems that many of us don't care either until it hits home. When people are living a certain life and die as a result, I am saddened that it happened but understand the consequences of one's actions for living a particular lifestyle. However, this situation is different and it pisses me off that a man is dead for trying to give his children a better environment to grow up in.

This went under the radar also because of the attacks in Paris and people fighting that w/ the attacks that happened in Kenya back in April.

I think about this all the time. Like what is the answer.

One thing is for sure the city isn't helping itself. Just recently spending $2M to buy everyone in the city a trash can to help battle the huge rat infestation we have. But ya know rats lives matter....we out here getting robbed and killed that $2M im sure could get spent increasing police presence all around the city.

But like where is batman? Honestly i am against violence for the most part. I never think it solves anything ever. But thinking about people breaking into my house and knowing its ok makes me want to buy a gun. But then you hear stories about these people being connected and if anything happens you become a target....just like this story and they come for you. Violence begets violence. Buts its sad when the answer is "be happy they didn't take your life". Like nah thats not how i want to live....im moving out

The mindset in these communities needs to change before anything. No amount of money or huge police/military presence can do that. Also, one of these ordinary citizens needs to make an example out of one of these criminals during a robbery or assault.

I agree that the mindset of the community needs to change. But keep in mind that's it's taken generations of poverty, deprevation and devaluing of education and the education system, as well as all of the other negatives that comes with generational poverty to get the city in the state that it is. That mindset is going to take a long time to change because it took a long time to form.

If they were to start today, it'll take at least 30yrs start seeing great changes in the change of the mindset of the communities. So many things have to be learned, so many resources have to be procured, so much needs to be down to attack the Hydra of generational poverty and ignorance.

Honestly don't know how you could save some of these communities. There's just too much mental damage done with these folks. Long term you should start with the kids but at the end of the day they're still going home to a lot of ********.

I hate to say those folks are lost for life but damn idk...but saving a few is better than none

poverty and drugs is and always will be the problem in my city ....murder numbers always crazy but 90% of bodies are drug related or beefs relating to ppl in that life/money owed

You can live a regular life here if you stay out that dope game , problem is the limited options to live good without being involved with drugs ...**** is so deep here that even normal 9-5 types dudes are on edge too cuz u never know when the bs coming to you

And like I always say it's some great things going on in the city , just like any other ...got some ppl living GOOD out here , but it's sad that the majority of residents can't /won't experience the best that Baltimore has to offer

So Black Lives Matter is marching the streets for Jamar Clark but is silent on Kendal Fenwick. Smh. A woman beating thug gets killed going for the cops gun and they march the streets

So Black Lives Matter is marching the streets for Jamar Clark but is silent on Kendal Fenwick. Smh. A woman beating thug gets killed going for the cops gun and they march the streets

:rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom