KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

Apart from the storytelling, lyrics and beats, the truthfulness on this album is what really makes it so great. He's not lying or glorifying street sh*t, he's just telling you his life story growing up in Compton. I wonder how Sherane feels when she heard it :nerd:

yuuuuup :smokin

lotta dudes talk about how they don't care about this factor, and how its just entertainment or whatever

but the realness of the album takes it up a notch

I felt the same way about Section 80. Maybe it just wasnt the right time for me to hear it.

Im def gonna give that some spins again. If I ever get off this damn cd lol

Agreed never played Section 80 twice but this album legit made me a fan

debut of the last 12 years?

mmmm... F&L would have something to say about that... College Dropout would DEFINITELY have something to say about that...

I think people just forget...its not so much getting caught in the moment, its forgetfulness....but maybe those go together in some cases

Ill probably take this over F&L in the end, but not quite yet...
No way it will ever top CD though, come on now...

Nah I hear you on people getting caught up in the moment and I am never one to do that. But this album is the best hip-hop debut in the last 10 years. It is better than F&L and CD....hell its better off CD just on the pure fact that the skits are actually listenable and the entire album is way more cohesive than CD.

I am not hating on CD as I think it is a great album but the album has songs I don't ever listen to and I never play the skits because they honestly are kind of lame now. I don't see myself ever viewing the skits on this album which tell a beautiful story that way.

BTW I just listened to the Target bonus tracks and County Building Blues is :smokin

the album is dope. i never listened to Section 80 because then, i had no interest for duke. Maybe now I'll finally check it out. When i first heard GKMC, i was blown on how the album flowed, kinda like movie. Nowawdays, you dont hear albums like that no more. No Dre beats = No problem, the production on the album was :pimp: . Guess Kendrick didn't need 'em :lol: . I only have one problem though: Whoever it was that compared GKMC to Illmatic needs to be shot :lol: . GKMC is a very good album but it will never be Illmatic.

GKMC gets 4 out of 5 from me :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Listening to The Heart pt. 3 for the first time.

How does he not ever make a bad song? :smh: :smokin

i'm on my fourth listen. this **** is amazing. my favorite album in a LONG time, my physical copy will get here tomorrow. it was supposed to get here today (monday) but amazon ****** up. i contacted them and they gave me a $5 credit :smokin

Went to my local target.....it said in stock online....they wouldn't sell it too me....they said they "couldn't find it" but it should be out tomorrow.....uh ok?

This is a masterpiece.

eek.gif

This is not better than The College Dropout. :stoneface:

That does not mean, however, that it isn't a great album. I don't know why everyone always feels so compelled to call everything the best.

Had a $5 Amazon MP3 Credit and copped for free. Heads up non-deluxe MP3 version is only $5 on Amazon and you can convert it to your iTunes.

Everybody got their opinions and to me this is better than college dropout by far.

I agree too but they are compleeeeeetely different :lol: I can't get over how great this album is and the cohesion, kinda similar to Undun in that way but sheesh the bonus tracks are even tough....my man rapped an entire real verse on Aaron Aflalo :smokin Like not even saying how he's a baller but how he was an inspiration back in high school too tough man.....I need that Cole/Kendrick collab and the Black Hippy collaboration LP :lol:

Back
Top Bottom