KENDRICK LAMAR: "GOOD KID M.A.A.D CITY"

I think this is a great album. However, it is being very over hyped. Yes, this dude is dope and yes, he can rap, but the voices he makes? Almost enough to make me want to fast forward through that part of the song. Remember when Eminem was killed for all of those silly accents? The same should be done for KL. Also, the hook on 'Real' is straight up first mixtape quality. Could've done much better ...
most of them serve a purpose though...like hi prepubescence on m.A.A.d city or his conscious on Swimming Pools.
i don't see a problem w/ them.
i don't care about people disagreeing on something I like, but saying it's overhyped is basically saying it doesn't deserve all of the praise it's getting when that praise is based on people's opinions of it. it's just a lot of people agree it's a masterpiece...I wouldn't call that overhyping.

I think this is a great album. However, it is being very over hyped. Yes, this dude is dope and yes, he can rap, but the voices he makes? Almost enough to make me want to fast forward through that part of the song. Remember when Eminem was killed for all of those silly accents? The same should be done for KL. Also, the hook on 'Real' is straight up first mixtape quality. Could've done much better ...

"This voice here is golden so **** y'all I goes in"

hook on real is cringe worthy though

decent album upon first listen. that stupid ******g voice he does on the heart series just makes me cringe. the song with MJB is tooo nice

decent album upon first listen. that stupid ******g voice he does on the heart series just makes me cringe. the song with MJB is tooo nice

The voice annoys me to, like why do that ****? When I first heard him ("Ignorance Is Bliss) his voice was the main barrier, but this album is crack. I'm listening over and over to analyze the lyrics and how everything ties in. After reading that Complex album, I look at his whole catalog different, because some of the earlier songs, namely "Average Joe" were to be included on this album.

Money Trees would of been a great song fpr Andre 3000 to feature on. Not to knock Jay Rock tho

The voice annoys me to, like why do that ****? When I first heard him ("Ignorance Is Bliss) his voice was the main barrier, but this album is crack. I'm listening over and over to analyze the lyrics and how everything ties in. After reading that Complex album, I look at his whole catalog different, because some of the earlier songs, namely "Average Joe" were to be included on this album.

Interdasting....

I gotta read that article, could definitely see how average joe would tie in to this album. I was actually thinking about that song as I was listening to the album. Especially with the voicemail when his mom is talking about how he has school tomorrow, reminded me of the line "thought about that so long, I had failed my finals".

Money Trees would of been a great song fpr Andre 3000 to feature on. Not to knock Jay Rock tho
Jay Rock killed that verse
pimp.gif

I think it's fair to say Em's accents and KL's are vastly different :lol: I don't feel embarrassed listening to KL do that like I am when Em does it.

As far as the album though, "Don't Kill My Vibe", "Money Trees", and "Poetic Justice" are all big time standouts :pimp: :pimp: I dig the "Swimming Pools (extended)" version and "Maad City" too (that MC Eiht feature with the beat switch up it tough :pimp:), and "Backseat Freestyle" is pretty good outside of that yelling :x :lol:

I do think it's been vastly overrated though. ****, let the album marinate before you crown it as some life-changing event and "this generation's Illmatic" cot damn :smh: :lol:

It's a very good debut, and glad I picked it up. I will have to find the itunes/Best Buy/Target/Spotify tracks at another time since they only had the regular version where I went. Oh well, good job KL, took me awhile to get into him when Section.80 came out, it's all good now.

Compton is a nice track to end it (on this version) too.

Last edited:
Yeah that jay rock verse gets me hyped. :pimp:

But 3000 on anything would've been nice so I see what you're saying.

I know Jay Rock had a nice verse, I'm just saying Andre would fit on that track almost perfectly

I know Jay Rock had a nice verse, I'm just saying Andre would fit on that track almost perfectly

you're right tho @JayMosEnvied, BDKMV would be another good fit

alright my itunes deluxe gkmc playlist is complete...

heart pt 3
the recipe bh remix
county building blues
swimming pools bh remix

now...

his parents on those skits... was there really them? his homies? (if so :smokin)

and lastly on that iTunes bonus version... the difference was what exactly? it was shorter...

Last edited:
alright my itunes deluxe gkmc playlist is complete...
heart pt 3
the recipe bh remix
county building blues
swimming pools bh remix
now...
his parents on those skits... was there really them? his homies? (if so :smokin)

Yup that's his mom and dad and childhood homies :lol: skits were perfect! :pimp:

you got "black boy fly" and "now or never" too?

got them sweetie, thanks for looking out for a sista (that goes to you to dave :))

those were on the itunes deluxe version

here is what its looking like, i may re arrange... what you think? (click to enlarge)

jay.... wow... i feel even better about this album now.... i like the way compton ends.... "mama im gonna use the van, be back in 15 mins *screen door shuts)

the set up for more story telling on that 2nd album YA BISH!!!!

man, hell yeah hip-hop needed this so much, its a good moment (now i smile like a proud dad watching his only son that made it)

I felt good like the first time i heard illmatic, midnight mauragers, atliens, 36 chambers, ready to die, reasonable doubt, bizarre ride to the pharcyde...

it gave me that feeling like hiphop is untouchable.... like it was in the 90s

on another note, to whomever said cole on poetic justice and not drake.... gold star to you... spot on...

Last edited:
you got "black boy fly" and "now or never" too?
got them sweetie, thanks for looking out for a sista (that goes to you to dave
smile.gif
)

those were on the itunes deluxe version

here is what its looking like, i may re arrange... what you think? (click to enlarge)
that's a hell of a tracklist.. i say keep it as is.

i'm actually just know hearing "collect calls" for the first time, it's good.

now i gotta check out the black hippy remix of the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom