Kendrick Lamar performing in DC 8/12/11

Since cats don't make it to the DC/MD/VA forum.

Originally Posted by d 2 the lo

DC-to-BC-x-The-Gee-Pee-x-Kendrick-Lamar-Poster-682x1024.jpg

My brother Modi from DC to BC was fortunate enough to recruit Top Dawg Entertainment recording artist Kendrick Lamar
for a much anticipated performance at the 9:30 Club, making it his
first-ever public show in the nation’s capital. The Compton standout is
expected to sell out the 1200 capacity venue thanks to his loyal
following in the DC metropolitan area. Kendrick will be joined on stage
by fellow label mate Schoolboy Q as he cycles through his hits spanning from his early career to his most recent project, the critically acclaimed #Section80. Also sharing the spotlight for the evening are buzzing DMV natives Phil Adé and Phil Da Phuture, both signees of Grammy nominated crooner Raheem DeVaughn‘s 368 Music Group, as well as Houston’s own Ashton Travis, a lyrical mastermind recently crowned winner of the Hip-Hop Unplugged Series, hosted by Def Jam’s Lenny Santiago and MTV’s Sway. You never know who else may pop up, either…

If you have any sort of cyberspace real estate (Facebook, Twitter,
Tumblr, your brand’s website, etc.), feel free to show the post love
there too! Link for the Twitpic is here. #dontwuwwyDC is the hashtag for the event, so use it and abuse it up til the date of the concert to see who’s talking about it!

Event Details

Date: Friday, August 12, 2011

Time: 8pm until close (Doors open @ 8, show starts @ 9)

Tickets are now on sale. You can grab those bad boys two ways:

- Buying in-person at the 9:30 Club box office. Hours: 12-7, Mon-Fri and 6-11 on weekends. You avoid a service charge this way!

- Buying online: http://ticketf.ly/dontwuwwyDC

https://twitter.com/DCtoBC/status/96581975376269312 <—— That is a tweet you can feel free to retweet in regards to the tickets.

I should add that the more support this event gets, the more everybody across the nation and the world will respect our city.
We’re just trying to put DC in the game. People think about politics
and government when they think about this area, so the DC to BC team is
working really hard to change that.

Hit up Modi here or on Twitter (@DCtoBC) if you have any questions, and enjoy the day.

Shouts to Modi.

My-T.

his concerts are wack forreal?
thinking about going but times are tough and $25 is even a lot
30t6p3b.gif

1.png

"In addition to Kendrick Lamar, #DontWuwwyDC will feature four other artists: ScHoolboy Q, Phil Ade, Phil Da Phuture, and Ashton  Travis. The coolest thing to me is that none of these artists are remotely similar in style, content, and sound. They all bring something unique to the table, and that’s one of the big reasons we decided on these five to showcase their talents. I’m almost more excited to see them all interact and connect behind the scenes than perform the show itself. Almost.
Haven’t done your research on these artists yet? All good! We created “Hello, World

Originally Posted by Cookie

his concerts are wack forreal?
thinking about going but times are tough and $25 is even a lot
30t6p3b.gif
when i saw him the opening acts were HORRIBLE...i even showed up an hour late and still managed to catch all 4
he only performed one verse...

he kept performing old west coast classics like they were his and even managed to do a verse from Wiz Khalifa's Black & Yellow 
indifferent.gif

didn't perform Cut You Off which was my favorite track

set was only 45 mins.

Back
Top Bottom