Kevin Love is the best power forward in the NBA vol. 2

There weren't many believers when I made vol. 1 of this thread a couple of seasons ago.  I hope that has changed.  Because it was true back then, and now, its not even close.

As of Dec. 19th:

25.2 points per game

13.7 rebounds per game

27.36 PER

As of Jan. 15th:

25.5 points per game

13.1 rebounds per game

27.37 PER

And he's hitting almost 40% of his three point attempts now?  Best in the business.

*EDIT* The original thread never transfered over from the old Niketalk.  But if yiou are curious to see what kind of outlandish comments were made in the original thread, here it is: http://sneakertalk.yuku.com/topic/325232/Kevin-Love-is-the-best-power-forward-in-the-NBA

Last edited:
I'd still rather have Dirk. He's more efficient and better on the block. And he is still one of the best closers in the game. The mavs will make the playoffs and twolves probably won't.

But love is balling.

It's not even close you mean L/A aint' Living? Dirk?

K.Love is what Bosh was in Toronto.... This guy has all the help in thw world and probably still gonna miss the playoffs.

K.Love is what Bosh was in Toronto.... This guy has all the help in thw world and probably still gonna miss the playoffs.
mean.gif
at this post. 

Today? Right now? :lol:

Must be a Mavericks fan.
Don't talk about basketball anymore.

Truth behind it hurts doesn't it.. dudes will say melo ain't top 10 in the L because he can't bring his team to a championship but crown K.Love the best PF in the L when he has a VERY capable team and is still struggling to get wins and he continues to put up pretty #'s and plays one side of the ball.

It's all about media perception, Harden gets blasted all the time but nobody brings up the fact that K.Love is a putrid defender.

it is lamarcus aldridge, but i wouldn't say by much. kevin love has been very consistent and flown under the radar a lot more because his team hasn't been as successful at the trailblazers

kevin love is what bosh was in toronto is preposterous to claim though. that's just silly. not even gonna argue with that statement cause it's so out of bounds

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/love-outplays-aldridge-lead-wolves-032800203--nba.html

Kinda how it always goes when they go head to head.

2011:

1st meeting - Love 42/10/4, Aldridge 14/7/4
2nd meeting - Love 29/16/3, Aldridge 22/7/0
3rd meeting - Love 26/9/4, Aldridge 26/8/2

Wolves win series 2-1

2012:

1st meeting - Love 24/13/1, Aldridge 13/6/0 - Blazers won

Love missed rest of year.

2013:

1st meeting - Love 29/15/9, Aldridge 15/14/3 - Wolves won

Blazers have had the better team in these meetings, but Wolves and Love still outplay the Blazers and LA more times than not. Now the Wolves are healthy and once they fully gel then hopefullly the W/L column will reflect that.

Last edited:
preposterous

No preposterous would be me comparing Lebron to Rudy Gay

through first six Years in the NBA

Kevin Love Averages

18PPG/ 12.3 RPG/ 2 APG on 45% shooting

Chris Bosh Averages

19.7 PPG/ 9.1 RPG/ 2.1 APG on 49% shooting

Playoff appearances at 6th year
CB - 2
KL - 0 (Still up for grabs for this year)

So K.Love is a MUCH more efficient rebounder and is better at that. Chris Bosh is a MUCH better one on one defender and help defender... so that advantage in rebounding is equal to his deficiency in defense.

And considering both out perimeter oriented big men and K.Love has yet to win ANYTHING i want to know what's so outlandish about the statement?

bosh actually put up better numbers, was more efficient, had more moderate success & was his teams #1 option along with actually staying healthy.

I'm just here wondering what is so crazy about calling K.Love Chris Bosh during his raptor days because stats say Bosh did better his first 6.. Winning percentage said Bosh did Better his first 6

so why? why is that a bad comparison?

One of those seasons he played 682 minutes. He also took a whopping 5 three pointers in those three seasons. :lol:

I guess I should be impressed by a guy who did nothing but dunk and get fed by Steve Nash.

And ****, if I'm going off this list, Adrian Dantley is the greatest NBA player of all time. Mike isn't even in the top 30. :lol:

Last edited:
Aldridge > Love

Love sucks at defense, is more injury prone, and doesn't effect the W/L column enough. He's the Kyrie of the western conference IMO

So basically being one of the best finisher's and absolute monster around the rim is bad...ok that one season doesn't count but his name is all over that list beyond the top ten. As for being fed by Steve Nash, I don't exactly remember Steve putting in that work with Dirk a HOF in Dallas. Steve has two careers, pre-Amar'e and post-Amar'e, that wasn't a one way relationship.

If all he did is dunk, why can't Blake Griffin be the same caliber of player? When Blake shreds a prime T.Duncan in the playoffs let me know. And defensively they are both huge minuses so they cancel out in that regards.

So basically being one of the best finisher's and absolute monster around the rim is bad...ok that one season doesn't count but his name is all over that list beyond the top ten. As for being fed by Steve Nash, I don't exactly remember Steve putting in that work with Dirk a HOF in Dallas. Steve has two careers, pre-Amar'e and post-Amar'e, that wasn't a one way relationship.

If all he did is dunk, why can't Blake Griffin be the same caliber of player? When Blake shreds a prime T.Duncan in the playoffs let me know. And defensively they are both huge minuses so they cancel out in that regards.

hey let's leave steve out of this. he won 60 games w/o amare the following year he went down. and they went to the WCF with boris diaw as amare's replacement. i'm not hearing in nash slander.

I'm just here wondering what is so crazy about calling K.Love Chris Bosh during his raptor days because stats say Bosh did better his first 6.. Winning percentage said Bosh did Better his first 6

so why? why is that a bad comparison?

One plays in the East, made it to the playoffs with a .500 record, has recorded double-digit rebounds three times, and shot 146 total threes in his first six seasons.

The other plays in the West, has recorded double-digit rebounds every season but his rookie year, and has HIT on 313 three pointers @ a 36% clip.

It's just a bad comparison. They aren't comparable. If there's a knock with Love it's his durability, as he's only played 312 games in 6 years.

Back
Top Bottom