Kevin Love says NO to 250,000K, story on AAU bball

"If I was going with an agent," said Kevin Love, "why would I ever go with a guy who, no offense, but he crashed a motorcycle into a tree. I'm not going to go with a guy that's reckless."
roll.gif
Thats a funny logic right there

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by bassy2quick3131

HAHAHAHAHA this story too funny. Sayin I was gunna be repped by them.

PS. I never saw a dime of that 250,000 either, wish I did though son.
nerd.gif
brandon_jennings_rise.gif
Yep.

The man. The myth. The legend.
ie Jeff Green took the wrong agent in Curt Malone's eyes and now DCA's relationship with G'Town has gone south.
This actually happened? Or were you using this as a for instance?

wait wait wait.
How can jay Williams be a paid employee of an Agency company and cover college ball for ESPN,

Conflict of Interest? no...

laugh.gif
smh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mw2889

"If I was going with an agent," said Kevin Love, "why would I ever go with a guy who, no offense, but he crashed a motorcycle into a tree. I'm not going to go with a guy that's reckless."
I was actually going to make a post on how disrespectful this is.

Yeah, That was just uncalled for.
smh.gif

Don't matter anyway...the relationship with Keith Stevens is more important than the relationship with Curt Malone at this point in time. Most ofAssault's really promising players are all really young kids that won't be picking schools for another 2-3 years.

since Dave Cox is still on staff im not sure it's completely on the outs, but it's not good (ie Hairston and Thornton)...but yeah...what inmymind said.

Does anybody honestly care about this kind of #*#@ anymore?

Shady money is to D-1 basketball as steroids is to baseball.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

since Dave Cox is still on staff im not sure it's completely on the outs, but it's not good (ie Hairston and Thornton)...but yeah...what inmymind said.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

I didn't know they played for DC Assault.

Dave Cox....Was he w/ DCA when they had Tony Bethel?

Don't matter anyway...the relationship with Keith Stevens is more important than the relationship with Curt Malone at this point in time. Most of Assault's really promising players are all really young kids that won't be picking schools for another 2-3 years.

Who is Keith Stevens?

And damn, they getting younger and younger

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Al3xis

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

I didn't know they played for DC Assault.

Dave Cox....Was he w/ DCA when they had Tony Bethel?

Don't matter anyway...the relationship with Keith Stevens is more important than the relationship with Curt Malone at this point in time. Most of Assault's really promising players are all really young kids that won't be picking schools for another 2-3 years.

Who is Keith Stevens?

And damn, they getting younger and younger

Cox was with DCA when Tone played for gtown, but I know for a fact that didnt have much to do with his decision to go to Gtown. I went to high school andplayed with a lot of DCA players and Coxs was our dean of students, he was cool.
I didnt know the gtown/dca relationship went south just bc of Jeff's agent decision. And the relationship now can't be that bad if Cox just was hiredthis year, can it? And i havent talked to him in a min but im unsure about the relationship between Cox and DCA now. Eventho Im sure Curtis and Davidwill always be boys.

Cox was there for Bethel..

Stevens comes from the formerly known DC Triple Threat...he now runs his own nike sponsored "Team Takeover" that'll really get goin thisspring....he setup that DMV vs Philly showcase game with Roscoe, Selby and all of them...but yeah...he's been behind the bench in Hoya gear all year long.

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by Mw2889

I was actually going to make a post on how disrespectful this is.

Yeah, That was just uncalled for.
smh.gif

Yea that was a vagina move imo...

That DC pipeline needs to spread out a little bit, its too straight forward (to gtown) for my taste.

laugh.gif

I had heard about the DCA assault thing and their relationship going down a bit. I didn't know it was that serious tho.

AAU coaches are !**#%. Always looking for theirs.

smh.gif

Funny thing is...Jeff played for Assault for one year. He didn't grow up in the system like Beasley, Freeman, etc. He was a late bloomer who Assaultlatched on to when he was a rising senior. I don't know how Curtis thought he was going to dictate his agent dealings.

Sounds like Jay Williams just has below average people skills. bballah can you shed some light?

I don't know why the hell somebody would think Jay Williams was an ideal person to use when trying to lure a player anyway...

Originally Posted by 0cks

Sounds like Jay Williams just has below average people skills. bballah can you shed some light?
I wouldn't say he has below average people skills, he is just not cut out to be an agent. He is to "soft" in that respect. He isactually a really nice guy from my interactions with him, but I really cant truly judge that. I spent a good amount of time with the guy but it was all in atime when he was trying to get Kevin's signature on a dotted line.

But I dont really see how that Jay Will line is a low blow.....
He has reasons to say what he said.

Jay came in to our situation last year preaching values, being smart, staying out of trouble and while he talking about how he can coach Kevin through all thelife lessons, Im just thinking in the back of my head how this dude didnt know how to ride a motorcycle and went straght into a tree ....and at one pointduring a meeting we had with him I just flat out asked him "If you could do it all over again, would you get on that bike?"
He said "I never regret anything, so yes, I would have to say I would get on that Bike again."

Wrong Answer.

J-Will eventually went to Ceruzzi Sports and told them he had Kevin Love locked up. That it was 100% he was going to sign with them. That's how theinitial $250k was posted to Pat Barret. You have no idea how much of a headache that situation caused me and my family, which was basically all caused byJ-Will lying to his employer (Ceruzzi Sports) about him having a client when he didnt. J-Will was then fired (he didnt quit) and basically put on an agent"Black List"...and will never be hired to work in the business ever again.

Originally Posted by bballah3

J-Will eventually went to Ceruzzi Sports and told them he had Kevin Love locked up. That it was 100% he was going to sign with them. That's how the initial $250k was posted to Pat Barret. You have no idea how much of a headache that situation caused me and my family, which was basically all caused by J-Will lying to his employer (Ceruzzi Sports) about him having a client when he didnt. J-Will was then fired (he didnt quit) and basically put on an agent "Black List"...and will never be hired to work in the business ever again.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

See.

You just shoulda came back to Duke and been an Asst. Coach when K offered you the job.

J-Will eventually went to Ceruzzi Sports and told them he had Kevin Love locked up. That it was 100% he was going to sign with them. That's how the initial $250k was posted to Pat Barret. You have no idea how much of a headache that situation caused me and my family, which was basically all caused by J-Will lying to his employer (Ceruzzi Sports) about him having a client when he didnt. J-Will was then fired (he didnt quit) and basically put on an agent "Black List"...and will never be hired to work in the business ever again.
80736a7d3243f901d8c501c3e52cf3db988714ce.gif

Back
Top Bottom