Kevin Martin What Do Guys Think Of Him?

Mark my words... Kevin martin will avg 26 ppg and make a run at an All-Star appearance.....

He can't take anyone off the dribble because he isn't quick enough. Has problems creating his own shots. Pretty much just a good spot up shooter anddraws a lot of #+#@%+%% fouls due to pumpfaking/jumping into defenders.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Best scorer on a bad team. Cant stop anyone.

He'll get a lot of undeserved money from someone when his contract is up, unless he signed an extension that I dont know about.
He signed a 5/55 million deal maybe a year ago.

The guy is a pretty decent scorer....but thats pretty much all he does.
Good job of drawing fouls..... but when hes off, hes offfffffffffffffff and kills the team cuz he doesn't do anything else.

As a Kings fan who has watched every game he's played I'll say he's an excellent scorer but should not be considered a franchise player like a lotof Kings fans make him out to be. He's our #1 option because we have nobody else but in reality he should be a #2 guy. Needs to improve his defense andrebounding. Other than that he's a solid player that will only get better with time.

He screwed his by getting that extension. great shooter just give him a screen and its good money
gets a lot of points of little shot attempts

good shooter despite that funky mechanic
i like him future all star just needs to stay healthy
dope PE XX3's

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Great scorer, just not a no.1 option type player. Him in Sacramento reminds me of Pau in Memphis. Put Martin alongside a true no.1 option player and he would probably be able to put that team over the hump.

some of yall are wildin. him as a 3rd option is highway robbery. If any team has him as a 3rd scoring option, they are definitely title contenders. He'sprobably best suited as a 2nd option. He can be a 1st scoring option on a competing team, but while that team may make a playoff push, it will not be winningany rings for sure. He reminds me of Richard Jefferson in terms of his impact offensively. Very efficient scorer, butif he is your 1st option you are generally going to be a losing franchise.

As stated already, a great scorer, especially drawing fouls and going to the line. Doesn't offer much in assists, rebounds, and defense in general. Wouldbe a good #2 option on a balanced team that has a good team defense. Not the Kings...

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Kevin martin got one of da ugliest jump shots next 2 shawn marion i eva seen....
laugh.gif
smh.gif

serious ugliest shot....him, marion and bill cartwright are all in the same league.....and needs to be second option on a team def not a franchise player

He'd make for a good sidekick to someone like LeBron.
He's not a #1 but I think he'd be a super good #2.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

put him on a run and gun team he could be a shawn marion

not even remotely the same kind of player. not even close, so so far off.

that is one of the worst player comparisons ive seen in a long long time.

martin's going to grab 10 + boards a game is he?
laugh.gif

dude is an able scorer, toiling away on an atrocious team.

send him to T dot.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

The guy is a pretty decent scorer....but thats pretty much all he does.
Good job of drawing fouls..... but when hes off, hes offfffffffffffffff and kills the team cuz he doesn't do anything else.

K Mart is the truth. an able defender, excellent scorer and clutch performer.

Sacramento ain't lettin that guy go anywhere he is a franchise player.

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

K Mart is the truth. an able defender, excellent scorer and clutch performer.

Sacramento ain't lettin that guy go anywhere he is a franchise player.
Coming from someone that has watched every one of his games. No, he is not a franchise player. He's a great 2nd option though. He needs asuperstar to play with. He's just a 2nd tier star. NikeTalker23 summed it up pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom