Kevin Samuels Dead at 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Useful to who though??

tap-dance-dance.gif

To themselves? networking is all about leveraging the connections you make professionally AND socially. Who else is supposed to be the beneficiary of your social life? :lol:

I didn’t agree with everything Kevin Samuels said but one thing I was on the same page with him on is life being about connections. Part of his definition of high value men was being in network with other high value you men. He was anti-lone wolf but so many seem to be leaning into being anti social for some reason

Last edited:
Most people aren't objectively watching any of these videos. They come across something and use it to ramble about whatever issues/thoughts they have on women, society etc.

Useful to who though??

tap-dance-dance.gif

each gender does their bit of tap dancing for attention of the other…women just get to deny it

To themselves? networking is all about leveraging the connections you make professionally AND socially. Who else is supposed to be the beneficiary of your social life? :lol:

I didn’t agree with everything Kevin Samuels said but one thing I was on the same page with him on is life being about connections. Part of his definition of high value men was being in network with other high value you men. He was anti-lone wolf but so many seem to be leaning into being anti social for some reason

could it be because men generally are more apt to be less social? given the shift from ‘being outside’ to ‘being online’ that has been rising, compounded with the more or less accepted trope that men tend to be more interested in things, it shouldn’t be too surprising that some guys are even less adept with creating social bonds. one stat i have heard repeatedly is that guys delete themselves at higher rates because of this anti-social stuff, but more precisely it is moreso that guys choose more lethal methods and thus are more successful at it (insert misogynistic joke here). i think it is case that both genders are less socially aware these days and feel more ostracized and latch on to ‘toxic’ ideologies where they find community

Last edited:
each gender does their bit of tap dancing for attention of the other…women just get deny it more

could it be because men generally are more apt to be less social? given the shift from ‘being outside’ to ‘being online’ that has been rising, compounded with the more or less accepted trope that men tend to be more interested in things, it shouldn’t be too surprising that some guys are even less adept with creating social bonds. one stat i have heard repeatedly is that guys delete themselves at higher rates because of this anti-social stuff, but more precisely it is moreso that guys choose more lethal methods and thus are more successful at it (insert misogynistic joke here). i think it is case that both genders are less socially aware these days and feel more ostracized and latch on to ‘toxic’ ideologies where they find community

Men being less social on average could very well be the case, but isn’t the narrative being echoed to be better than average if you want better than average results? I kinda see being socially adept in the same light as being ambitious, having a high income, being tall etc. all of it comes together to make you more or less desirable depending on what you do and don’t excel at.

Some things are easier to get by with than others. Especially if you’re trying to navigate through the post pandemic social environment. Guys have understood that they have to be economically viable, they have understood you have to look and dress a certain way. Seems almost pointless to make yourself valuable in so many areas and stop just short of developing the skills to allow you to connect with other people. I’m sure the ones that don’t stop there end up being the “high value” men that don’t have issues.

Last edited:
i would think those folk (men in particular) that are tipping toward the anti-social end aren’t so optimistic about their prospects to want to improve or have resigned themselves completely to the simping/tricking angle to get some modicum of satisfaction (men do this with their resource-attention, money, time but women do as well with their’s-usually themselves)…

and again altho being socially aware/competent likely correlates positively with success it is by no means the exclusive route or even a requirement for it, much to the chagrin of many unfortunate enough to have to encounter/work under such people in the workplace. depending on the career, it my not be any hindrance at all or it could be something of a benefit to be so one track minded (autism/being on the spectrum is much more prevalent in men). it could also be the case that it is less of an active decision to be less versed socially than just a function of how their life played out that they are able to reach some success financially/professionally without being particularly social, or had to have navigated different/diverse social circles

tangentially, this is why the ‘wage gap,’ such as it is, makes perfect sense…if it’s one thing men & women alike know, it’s that a man’s value is so more directly linked to what he accomplishes/earns/provides, and in effort to propagate this idea that men & women are equal in motivation women too now are being socialized to derive their value from what they accomplish/earn apart from family/children. difference is women aren’t really socialized to provide for men and they still largely have some traditional expectation of men being providers, as such women today have higher expectations. the adaptation some men have made is to go all in on the self (improvement) & delay/forego meaningful relationship which can put them at a disadvantage if/when they do end up seeking something meaningful…

That makes sense. Initially I understood that to be in the 'dating demands' context.

and again altho being socially aware/competent likely correlates positively with success it is by no means the exclusive route or even a requirement for it, much to the chagrin of many unfortunate enough to have to encounter/work under such people in the workplace. depending on the career, it my not be any hindrance at all or it could be something of a benefit to be so one track minded (autism/being on the spectrum is much more prevalent in men). it could also be the case that it is less of an active decision to be less versed socially than just a function of how their life played out that they are able to reach some success financially/professionally without being particularly social, or had to have navigated different/diverse social circles

To that end, no single characteristic is 100% necessary to have success. Plenty of people climb the career ladder on nepotism, and plenty of short dudes are in relationship despite being short, plenty of lazy people graduate college. And even then, different areas of life define success differently as are the requirements for that success. when it comes to dating success though, I can’t envision it being easy without having that skill whether it develops naturally or you develop it intentionally. Dating is a primarily social interaction. I think modern women are guilty and delusional about a lot of things, but I’m not going to hold anyone for not feeling a vibe when the other person doesn’t know how to bridge that gap. In a longer more traditional date format maybe he would have done better, but that’s not what he was signing up for when he hopped on that video call lol

But this really only applies to people looking to have and leverage a social part of their life. Some folks are more than content putting their all into work or other interests that don’t involve connecting with other people in ways that aren’t task oriented.

Last edited:
marylin frye quote:
"
To say that straight men are heterosexual is only to say that they engage in sex (f%$&ing exclusively with the other sex, i.e., women). All or almost all of that which pertains to love, most straight men reserve exclusively for other men. The people whom they admire, respect, adore, revere, honor, whom they imitate, idolize, and form profound attachments to, whom they are willing to teach and from whom they are willing to learn, and whose respect, admiration, recognition, honor, reverence and love they desire… those are, overwhelmingly, other men. In their relations with women, what passes for respect is kindness, generosity or paternalism; what passes for honor is removal to the pedestal. From women they want devotion, service and sex.

Heterosexual male culture is homoerotic; it is man-loving

In Kevin's passing i've been wondering who it'll be that takes up his mantle. Surprisingly I think it's Kendra G. I've been watching her dating show for a minute now and you can see the progression in how she starts to align with Kevin's talking points. Cause lately she's had some bat s*** crazy women (and men) on her show. And to her credit she preaches a lot about accountability and self awareness.

Case in point:

In Kevin's passing i've been wondering who it'll be that takes up his mantle. Surprisingly I think it's Kendra G. I've been watching her dating show for a minute now and you can see the progression in how she starts to align with Kevin's talking points. Cause lately she's had some bat s*** crazy women (and men) on her show. And to her credit she preaches a lot about accountability and self awareness.

Case in point:

It's funny because kendra g actually called into his show and got all the talking points about her being 40 and single with no kids and she started dissing him after it and nows she basically doing the same thing

marylin frye quote:
"
To say that straight men are heterosexual is only to say that they engage in sex (f%$&ing exclusively with the other sex, i.e., women). All or almost all of that which pertains to love, most straight men reserve exclusively for other men. The people whom they admire, respect, adore, revere, honor, whom they imitate, idolize, and form profound attachments to, whom they are willing to teach and from whom they are willing to learn, and whose respect, admiration, recognition, honor, reverence and love they desire… those are, overwhelmingly, other men. In their relations with women, what passes for respect is kindness, generosity or paternalism; what passes for honor is removal to the pedestal. From women they want devotion, service and sex.

Heterosexual male culture is homoerotic; it is man-loving

while i’d mostly agree some of the sentiment here, i’d want to know if/how the author of the text defined love? by the definition of erotic; of, devoted to, or tending to arouse sexual love or desire erotic art. 2 : strongly marked or affected by sexual desire…i don’t think any man would find commonality with any of that…

Case in point:

ultimately, that seat will probably remain unfilled because whoever would even attempt to would immediately be called a clone. i think it be difficult for kendra to pull it off, the aim/function is of their formats are completely different from what i’ve seen…samuels was much more a provocateur, whereas her show is putting folk up for display, i’m not sure kendra really has a point of view beyond sort of managing the expectations of whomever is up? also i think it just be harder for a woman to pull off, criticism coming from a man hits different in these type conversation(s)

Last edited:
as long as the general "pop culture" conversation trends more towards kevin and less towards fresh and fit, i dont think anyone needs to fill his shoes.

i didnt agree with some of what kevin said but at the very least his cultural critiques were ones that he developed at least somewhat intellectually. most of the manosphere is just incel redpill talking points

Kevin essentially advocated for a jack and jill of America style of black america. he never really called it that by name but it was clear thats the archetype he was basing his critiques on.

Last edited:
there was a twitter clip posted in here not too long ago with a pastor preaching about black men and trust with emotions to women.

Can’t find it.

Anyone know what I’m talking about?

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom