Kevin Samuels Dead at 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marriage is a business more or less and a lot of people aren’t business savvy as they think . I’m going on 36 I don’t see myself getting married like I did when I was younger . And that’s a shame because my parents been married for 38 years .

well it’s definitely an institution, and it does have economic ramifications but because, at least in recent times, the idea of ‘love’ has become much more at the forefront of folks’ reasoning i don’t think most people really believe in that supposed axiom/saying…

why would I judge a society by marriage rates?

you don’t need to be married and/or have a huge wedding to demonstrate your love for a person

if that is something you and the person(s) you love want, then great for you

but there are too many societal pressures outside of relationships pushing people towards something they themselves may not want and don’t figure that out until it’s too late

I live in a small country so it’s not hard to know how many supposedly happily married couples got shh going on to some degree outside of their house.. could be outside kids.. could be the child is for another dude.. could be one or both people are on the DL.. could be the dude got a whole other family

im glad that people are able to access more information these days and make choices beyond what is presented to them by their immediate families and couple settle outside people like their pastor or people in their church or something

do what makes you happy, you shouldn’t feel like you gotta get married or have kids.. And if you do, great for you

my actual concerns are the cost of living and the state of the world in 20-30 years and beyond.. cause even if I’m straight, don’t mean a damn thing if a lot people are f’d and become desperate

well i’m no economist or sociologist, but i’d be willing to bet their are positive correlations for marriage/partnered relationship rates vs people acting/being more individualistic…marriage could be one of the indicators of how people are projecting the future prospects. marriage is definitely a way that people have built wealth due to combining of resources & families, single people en masse may be less likely to form such extended relationships

well i’m no economist or sociologist, but i’d be willing to bet their are positive correlations for marriage/partnered relationship rates vs people acting/being more individualistic…marriage could be one of the indicators of how people are projecting the future prospects. marriage is definitely a way that people have built wealth due to combining of resources & families, single people en masse may be less likely to form such extended relationships

Medical costs are absurd, where there isn’t socialized medicine.. the average costs to simply birth your child in the US is currently north of 10 grand and that’s without complications

the cost of living in general along with the housing markets are absurd

the demands in the job market have increased the educational demands beyond the historically expected professions like lawyers, doctors, etc

where the world was even 20 years ago no longer exists from an economic perspective

and you should also give considerations to what state the world will even be in, in say 20-30 years because of climate change.. then you have the social ramifications from all the right wing crazies all over the world and the greed and power accumulated by certain people who clearly don’t give an F what happens

all you need to do is revisit this movie

Last edited:
Medical costs are absurd, where there isn’t socialized medicine.. the average costs to simply birth your child in the US is currently north of 10 grand and that’s without complications

the demands in the job market have increased the educational demands beyond the historically expected professions like lawyers, doctors, etc

where the world was even 20 years ago no longer exists from an economic perspective

and you should also give considerations to what state the world will even be in, in say 20-30 years because of climate change.. then you have the social ramifications from all the right wing crazies all over the world and the greed and power accumulated by certain people who clearly don’t give an F what happens

so is your point that people are rather pessimistic/uncertain about the future, hence more likely to be hesitant to enter/form a formal marriage? or that people getting together in marriage isn’t an issue compared to what you noted??

Since MAGA we are living this movie.

My wife and I are thinking about sex selection and using a surrogate. It's very expensive.

Marriage is a business more or less and a lot of people aren’t business savvy as they think . I’m going on 36 I don’t see myself getting married like I did when I was younger . And that’s a shame because my parents been married for 38 years .

I’ve always ask that to people. Outside of children/family structure and perhaps business reasons - what’s the reasoning, benefit and purpose of marriage - some say love/companionship or religion.

Most people truly don’t have an answer.

I’ve always ask that to people. Outside of children/family structure and perhaps business reasons - what’s the reasoning, benefit and purpose of marriage - some say love/companionship or religion.

I’m not getting married until I want a child.

Only benefit from my perspective and I don’t want to deal with the whole baby momma thing if I don’t have to.

so is your point that people are rather pessimistic/uncertain about the future, hence more likely to be hesitant to enter/form a formal marriage? or that people getting together in marriage isn’t an issue compared to what you noted??

stability in life moves further and further away with passing generations

and I wouldn’t say “pessimistic/uncertainty“ when what I’m saying is simple realities facing people today

your money simply doesn’t go as far as it did a decade ago and so on and so on

and if you’re in a fortunate position to get out of school not having to fight uphill because of student loans or other bills.. you’re still a ways away before you have a level of stability

it’s a huge assumption to assume people now are even in a position to consolidate wealth when if anything coupling may be a necessity even for those with decent level of income just to be able to afford some niceties.. cause ain’t going be bank right off the bat, gotta be able to survive.. taxes will kill ya plus bills and general living expenses

Also have to think of the inevitable raise in crime as more and more people get squeezed by society at some stage along the way

and I’d hope when whomever is actual ready theyre able to afford some nice things for their wife and kid(s)

im not opposed to marriage.. but it has been my experience that way too many don’t fully appreciate the all costs involved with most things

well it’s definitely an institution, and it does have economic ramifications but because, at least in recent times, the idea of ‘love’ has become much more at the forefront of folks’ reasoning i don’t think most people really believe in that supposed axiom/saying…

Exactly. Married men live longer and make more money from articles I've seen. Insurance rates go down. The benefit to society of married people raising kids versus single parent households. The combining of resources. Being able to make medical decisions for your partner. Your survivor being able to get benefits in the event you pass away.

It's expensive to be single paying your own rent, car bill, food when you can be married living together sharing costs but like you said, we're living in this individualistic society now where people just want to do it by themself

My wife and I are thinking about sex selection and using a surrogate. It's very expensive.

if not too personal why are y’all considering a surrogate?

i’d agree that if people aren’t really concerned with children, formal marriage becomes kinda superfluous and/or superficial that noted, there are likely are merits to formalizing a relationship into marriage. time and women’s increased freedom both economically & sexually has eroded some of the obvious ones historically but that most people today don’t really have an answer speaks to to the decline of marriage and a break in tradition, for better and/or worse #thatsnotapun

stability in life moves further and further away with passing generations

and I wouldn’t say “pessimistic/uncertainty“ when what I’m saying is simple realities facing people today

your money simply doesn’t go as far as it did a decade ago and so on and so on

and if you’re in a fortunate position to get out of school not having to fight uphill because of student loans or other bills.. you’re still a ways away before you have a level of stability

it’s a huge assumption to assume people now are even in a position to consolidate wealth when if anything coupling may be a necessity even for those with decent level of income just to be able to afford some niceties.. cause ain’t going be bank right off the bat, gotta be able to survive.. taxes will kill ya plus bills and general living expenses

Also have to think of the inevitable raise in crime as more and more people get squeezed by society at some stage along the way

and I’d hope when whomever is actual ready theyre able to afford some nice things for their wife and kid(s)

im not opposed to marriage.. but it has been my experience that way too many don’t fully appreciate the all costs involved with most things

to all that, most respectfully, so what?

historically no matter what was going on in the world people still were getting together to form family to better deal in the world, regardless if said world was ‘stable’ or how hard their lives were…the reality is these days is people think of marriage as a milestone as unnecessary, optional, or if they do even place import on it, it isn’t seen as an urgent thing and put off…and to your point even those that maybe see it as necessary want to put themselves in the best position to have marriage be successful, which for men & women alike with the emphasis on education, the availability of information & the economics being what they are, has meant putting more time into their individual personal development which also tends to delay serious relationship/marriage…

i’m not married, haven’t ever really hoped to be, and don’t want kids, so i didn’t ever and wouldn’t pursue women on those terms and given that women are liberated they haven’t explicitly required that to be a goal in any relationship i’ve been in (which isn’t to say they wanted or saw me as marriageable or a serious option)…that said i can definitely see a problem if most of society is on the wave i’m on; using marriage rates as a proxy metric, however imperfect, seems like it could be a good way to infer a lot of things in terms of societies

Exactly. Married men live longer and make more money from articles I've seen. Insurance rates go down. The benefit to society of married people raising kids versus single parent households. The combining of resources. Being able to make medical decisions for your partner. Your survivor being able to get benefits in the event you pass away.

It's expensive to be single paying your own rent, car bill, food when you can be married living together sharing costs but like you said, we're living in this individualistic society now where people just want to do it by themself

definitely, altho you could say the correlation isn’t necessarily the cause because it could be that since women are selecting theses men, accepting is prolly more apt but it still selecting to a degree, they could just be picking men that are healthier and make more money, or just picking men that make more money, which does tend to lead to better health outcomes and better deal with health issues that do come up, or it could be that being married incentivizes men to make more money or yet still it could be having a partner may lead to better outcomes generally

similarly it is well observed in many countries that when women get more freedom, they will tend to delay relationships and have fewer kids and the economy gets boosted as obviously it enlists/mobilizes more human potential which those are definitely seen as positive from most perspectives. the downside can be that having less children, could also mean less human potential, delaying relationships could make women less prepared for or willing to submit to relationship, which means more single women outchea, and tho i don’t know it to be true that women are more expensive to societies’ social systems to maintain (a bunch of single unattached dudes definitely is linked to a bunch of systematic negatives) it would seem it has an air of truth that older single women would be more of a tax on the system than a similarly aged man, because they live longer and probably would take more advantage of what is available than men? women’s increased agency affords more them more opportunities but along with it comes some downsides

Last edited:

Glad you recognize what a paradise we live in thanks to YOUR PRESIDENT AND MINE TOO. LFG #MAGA, #BLACKS4TRUMP

They deserved whatever came at them??? Who are you people??? This is why I stay to myself, cause people like you get smacked up for less... No empathy in today's society... **** is crazy...
For refusing treatment. yes they deserve whatever came to them. Take it how you want you wouldn’t do **** in real life but keep to yourself anyway

So this is the next step .. were disrespecting our leaders for impressions

eh, i can see the point of contention for women with this is…so i get why it sparks such a strong reaction for people because many women think the women of yesteryear only accepted such behavior because they had no other choice and especially today where the options are seemingly overwhelming & much more accessible

that said, it always amazes me how personal women today take ‘cheating’ sexually, if a dude is in any way attractive/desirable and around other women the possibility that that man will falter is high but to the extent he is fulfilling his duties as a husband/man and not being reckless about it, why is taken as such a personal affront, given the nature of men, is a bit beyond me

that said, it always amazes me how personal women today take ‘cheating’ sexually

i think most people in committed relationships take cheating sexually pretty personally

women and men.. also pretty sure it's been that way for a while

that said, it always amazes me how personal women today take ‘cheating’ sexually, if a dude is in any way attractive/desirable and around other women the possibility that that man will falter is high but to the extent he is fulfilling his duties as a husband/man and not being reckless about it, why is taken as such a personal affront, given the nature of men, is a bit beyond me
You wouldn't take it personally if your wife was ****ing on another *****? :lol:

So this is the next step .. were disrespecting our leaders for impressions

Isn't this the same women who got raked over the coals for saying she didn't want a 9-5 man?
B-Simone.jpg

LOOKIN LIKE THAT???????
giphy.gif

She doesn’t look bad though. And if you think she is undesirable and is rejecting a person of your ilk, why are you annoyed? You don’t want her and she don’t want you, sounds like a win/win to me.

This feels like low value behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom