Kid stabs and kills bully

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

LDJ, I respect your views on this from a father's perspective.

But we're talking about the kid here. Yes, the kid's parents could've done some things differently, and there are better ways to deal with your problems (which are obvious to us as adults), but I don't think you understand what the kid went through.

My situation with "bullying" (I put it in quotes because it was never that serious and never escalated, but I'm guessing the emotions I felt are universal) happened many years ago. I was 3 years younger and half their size. Whenever it would happen, I would kick and punch as much as I could, but it was to no avail.

The feeling I had was that of hopelessness and of fear. Of course these are emotions we learn to overcome as adults. But as a kid these emotions can be overwhelming. If you've never been there emotionally, just imagine what a kidnapping victim must feel. Yes, it's irrational, but keep in mind we're talking about children here.

Like shoefreakbaby said, part of the reason I didn't tell anyone was cultural. Part of it was I felt no one would do anything, or would say something like, "man up" or "it's not that big of a deal" (some of the responses in this thread justify those sentiments).

At the end of the day, we all agree it was a tragic situation, but, stripping everything away, what we have here is a victim who fought back and called the bully on his bluff.
edit: Actually, it's not irrational. Plenty of people have died or suffered serious injury (beyond the emotional toll that is a near certainty) at the hands of a bully who went too far.

When you are a kid ^ edit of this generation every little bad thing feels like the end of the world, that's why ^ todays suicide rates our highest among teens.
You haven't built that "oh get over it gene" yet.

Im so happy you overcame it, Im sure its made you a stronger person

laugh.gif
Im so corny.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

whywesteppin wrote:

When you are a kid ^ edit of this generation every little bad thing feels like the end of the world, that's why ^ todays suicide rates our highest among teens.

Its official you were a bully.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

LDJ, I respect your views on this from a father's perspective.

But we're talking about the kid here. Yes, the kid's parents could've done some things differently, and there are better ways to deal with your problems (which are obvious to us as adults), but I don't think you understand what the kid went through.

My situation with "bullying" (I put it in quotes because it was never that serious and never escalated, but I'm guessing the emotions I felt are universal) happened many years ago. I was 3 years younger and half their size. Whenever it would happen, I would kick and punch as much as I could, but it was to no avail.

The feeling I had was that of hopelessness and of fear. Of course these are emotions we learn to overcome as adults. But as a kid these emotions can be overwhelming. If you've never been there emotionally, just imagine what a kidnapping victim must feel. Yes, it's irrational, but keep in mind we're talking about children here.

Like shoefreakbaby said, part of the reason I didn't tell anyone was cultural. Part of it was I felt no one would do anything, or would say something like, "man up" or "it's not that big of a deal" (some of the responses in this thread justify those sentiments).

At the end of the day, we all agree it was a tragic situation, but, stripping everything away, what we have here is a victim who fought back and called the bully on his bluff.
edit: Actually, it's not irrational. Plenty of people have died or suffered serious injury (beyond the emotional toll that is a near certainty) at the hands of a bully who went too far.

When you are a kid every little bad thing feels like the end of the world, that's why suicide rates our highest among teens.

laugh.gif
Im so corny.
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks, shoefreakbaby. In some ways it was good for me and in other ways bad. The bad is that I tend to take things too personally. At the same time, I've learned to turn every little slight into motivation.

LDJ. You're not getting it man.

You're blaming the kid who got bullied for not doing this or that before taking it too far in his eventual and obvious wrong doing. But EVERYONE was wrong. The bully pushed this kid.

You think the bully would of stopped bullying the kid if someone told a teacher? Teachers aren't the end all be all. They can't control the goings on outside the classrooms. You're one gullible guy if you think that would of stopped everything. And this kid wasn't going to jail for harassing a 14 year old at 16. C'mon now. Those bully laws wouldn't of done any good until it got to the point to where they have to use those laws and the reasons they were made. By then the kid could of potentially caught a pretty bad one. NO ONE WAS RIGHT. You've got to understand that the bully met a very real after effect of his treatment towards this kid. If he left him alone and never put a hand on him, we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

The bully Radio Raheem'd himself. The kid should of never pulled that knife, but he was pushed.

poster_lg.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
at those who think the knife was uncalled for, some of yall act like he went out of his way to shank said bully. if it was just the bully, then ok maybe stabbing could be too much, but the kid was looking at getting his @+! stomped on, it wasn't gonna be some fair fight by any means. scared to take a whoppin? im no doctor but getting beat on by multiple people can't be good for your health. you can get it bad from just 1 person, its common sense to assume that it could only get worse if its more. if that isn't self defense then idk what is. i feel bad for the kid because he was bullied to the point where he felt compelled to resort to a weapon, but moreso now because he will grow up knowing he killed someone even though it was self defense.

i think it just speaks to the quality of kids these days. bullying isn't something new but for some reason, i feel its worse now than ever before. hell i didn't think it was that serious when i grew up (90s). tech is a big contributor now i must say....all these young heads got smartphones/ipods. pretty much all handheld devices have a camera function and for whatever reason kids think it fun take pictures of each other with slanderous intent. so i ask, how can some of you be surprised when victims feel they're being pushed to the extreme?

id imagine raising a child in this day couldn't be harder...and im not even a parent
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

The kid had every right to defend himself, but I feel he went above and beyond "self defense" with 12 stab wounds, 2 of them fatal.
Although he was targeted by the bully, this was murder no matter how you look at it.

12 stabs was excessive, but Idk, heat of the moment, dude got caught up and was scared. IDK
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks, shoefreakbaby. In some ways it was good for me and in other ways bad. The bad is that I tend to take things too personally. At the same time, I've learned to turn every little slight into motivation.

Yeah that sucks, but to flip it around you will be cautious of what you say to ppl because you know words can hurt
you're young your skin will get tougher.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

LDJ. You're not getting it man.

You're blaming the kid who got bullied for not doing this or that before taking it too far in his eventual and obvious wrong doing. But EVERYONE was wrong. The bully pushed this kid.

You think the bully would of stopped bullying the kid if someone told a teacher? Teachers aren't the end all be all. They can't control the goings on outside the classrooms. You're one gullible guy if you think that would of stopped everything. And this kid wasn't going to jail for harassing a 14 year old at 16. C'mon now. Those bully laws wouldn't of done any good until it got to the point to where they have to use those laws and the reasons they were made. By then the kid could of potentially caught a pretty bad one. NO ONE WAS RIGHT. You've got to understand that the bully met a very real after effect of his treatment towards this kid. If he left him alone and never put a hand on him, we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

The bully Radio Raheem'd himself. The kid should of never pulled that knife, but he was pushed.

poster_lg.jpg

images

No really feeling that analogy.  The police have the power and back up to have something called restraint.  What happened to Radio was disgusting.  The police aren't "fearing for their lives" like this kid was apparently especially when a guy doesn't a have a weapon.  The excuse NT has given for this kid is he felt he had no other option.  The Police can't feel that way when there's an unarmed man.

But I kinda see what you are saying.   Both parties are wrong. 

images

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Take an %*# whooping, and keep it pushing. Kids these days are coddled. 

Lol what ! Sit down he had all rights to defend himself why would you condone him getting beaten .

if you were about that life with your homies punching a $*+!%#@ freshman in the back of the head when hes not looking and you a junior you better be about that life when you get 12 stabs of the pocket knife.

not tough anymore huh?

i remember in junior high when i went to this new school some punk could who thought he was cool started making fun of me. he had his boys laughing with him. little old white teacher knew it was going on but let it happend. i felt the rush coming over me as that bell rang to end second period. i grabbed this @@!%! by his neck. i remember his smile slowly turn into fear as i forked him against the chalk board and begin beating the living %%%+ out of him. his boys did nothing.

blood was everywhere. i busted his chin open and punched one of his earrings clean off his ear.

That little old teacher didnt even try to stop it.

I never got in trouble. That trips me out til this day.

Kid never bothered me again after that.

come to find out he was the cousin of one of my good friends from my old school.

small world...

if the kid tattled, that would have just added fuel to the fire for the bully.
Bully would have said "hey heard you told Mr. whatever on me, now I'm gonna beat you up even more"

Sad to say but the bully DESERVED it.
Cheap shot to the back of the head. Could have killed the kid, boom tried as an adult for murder, life in prison idk.
Instead gets shanked.
Someone in the afterlife saying

Hopefully this causes other  bullies to step down and think about their actions.

BTW **!$ you Eric HFSISBHDID, hope you are unsuccessful and suck at life.

sorry i was bullied in high school
embarassed.gif
had to let out.

Lmao.... how does the kid deserve to be stabbed though???

So if a co-worker bullies Ksteezy he has a right to stab the guy??

dude is 14 he knows what he is doing...

$@#@ outta here...

kid got stabbed cuz the kid who got the knife was really crazy.... he should get jail time.... 15 year sentence... get em out when he 29.....

mannnnnnnnnnn, when i really think about it,  what's really wrong tho. 

if you can't handle the heat then stay out the kitchen.  the bully thought he was untouchable,  that's not the 14 year old boys fault.

he cut one dude up like oj in 94 that he had a legit problem with,  that's better then columbining the school and hurting innocent people over 1 person.

someone gave him problems,  he solved the problems,   life goes on.

Who is the bigger punk?
The person being bullied(Jorge Saavedra) who solved the problem with a knife rather than fists or the bully(Dylan Nuno) transferring schools to avoid being bullied and started to bully others?

Did the bully deserve to be stabbed twelve times?
That question can only be answered by Jorge Saavedra.

To the people arguing about whether Jorge should have used his fists instead of the knife, that's not the point.
The point is that, Dylan thought he could mess with Jorge whenever he felt like it.
Dylan got his life taken away as a result.
You reap what you sow.

Cliffs:
76bd75d4-cc6e-4b58-8b58-3b55aa8bc8c7.jpg

This pretty much sums up Florida.

The Texas deported teen pretty much sums up Texas.

Ohio... Yea..

Kids are soft these days.

Take yo %*+ whooping like a man wake up and join a boxing class. He gonna stab everybody that picks on him?

Originally Posted by cartune

Take yo %*+ whooping like a man wake up and join a boxing class. He gonna stab everybody that picks on him?

The kid went out of his way to avoid conflict which the bully constantly instigated.
Bully soft these days for dying.

roll.gif
 good riddance.

I understand this story is a small win for most of you who never got to sit at the cool tables

But we cant be having kids getting stabbed to death for acting like kids.

Everybody gets picked on atleast once in there life one way or another

If lil dude had a problem he should have told a counselor or somebody they got all kinds of programs for lil lames with no backbone these days.

Now somebody's son is gone because some boy couldnt go through a phase every young boy goes through.

Originally Posted by cartune

Yeah I'd like to see the next bully in line for this kid....Lmao @ "take an $** whooping" NOBODY but your God damb parents should be laying their hands on another person, do so and suffer the consequences, whatever those may be....in this case death by a future Iron Chef.

pimp.gif
@ the Florida law... I love it here...

pimp.gif
@ the kid standing up for himself.

tuff break bully...

So happens when this lil weirdo goes to a new school and gets bullied again?  Or maybe somebody just wants to scrap because this kid does something worth fighting about,  will he finally fight like a man or kill somebody else?

Everyone saying that the kid should have fought instead of pulling a knife have never actually been bullied. This kid was constantly antagonized, and obviously NOT a fighter. Why should he be forced to fight when he doesnt want to? They rolled on him with a crew. The bully got what was coming to him. If you keep testing someone eventually they're going to snap. Its not about being soft, it's about respect.

Back
Top Bottom