Kim Kardashian $17.9 Mil. Wedding Payday

Originally Posted by Al Audi

all that money, but there is no cure for psoriasis
that sucks.
I've been on here for years and I always knew you were one but you've just solidified that you're an idiot. If you have kids, I hope one of them develops psoriasis or a similar skin condition so you know what its like for people who suffer from it. There's nothing funny about what you said.

Kim K getting $17.9 mil is nothing compared to the money that E! and these magazines will get in coverage and issues sold. The price to get advertisements on air and in print during the special is going to be through the roof. They are the real winners in this marriage. Says a lot about how the West views celebrity that she'd get this much though.

Was Ray-J invited?
laugh.gif

ONLY IN AMERICA!

We have some of the DUMBEST people over here I swear. 17 Million because she got married? I quit.

Originally Posted by Hizzle

It's not about working harder, it's about working smarter. She has her own clothing line, boutiques, collaborates with with various stores to do clothing lines with them, and various other business ventures that include her and her sisters. She was born into a privileged family, but that wasn't her choice. We play the hand we're dealt. Is her claim to fame stupid? Maybe. But ever since she's had it, she's done a lot to build the empire she has now. Your assessment of what she does is skewed by what seems like a general disdain for the celebrity culture that is America.

I'm not going to lie, she is very smart. She capitalizes off the people who blow her up to fame. She's got a target audience who idolize celebrity culture and she can easily seize the opportunity.

But I can promise you that me and a whole lot of people would love to have the opportunity that she has (I don't want to be a celebrity but I do want to have that kind of opportunity). She can make money at the snap of a finger just because of who she is. I am not arguing that she isn't smart, or that she shouldn't have what she have. I stated in my previous post that I think she deserves everything she made. But honestly, she does NOT need to work hard to make money and if you think that what she does is hard work, then I can't argue with you or change your mindset. In my opinion, and many others, she does nothing. Defend her all you want. Say that her marketing, modeling, TV shows, lifestyle is difficult and hard. But personally, I always had a different sense of hard work which to me, she does not exhibit.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

I don't see it that way. What she does on the day-to-day is a grind. She is making millions out of 15 minutes of fame. She shouldn't even have 15 minutes though which makes it more impressive in my eyes. Do you watch the show? She is constantly doing jobs and raising the profile of her brand. You can say her mom and Seacrest are pulling the strings but even Michael Jordan works for someone - there has to be commitment on Kim's part. There have been many reality tv stars before her but why does Kim K get to cake 20 mil and has a net worth of at least $40m? She ain't sitting on her ottoman all day getting fanned, she is out there working! If someone is nice with the hammer then they get to build houses, but don't pretend what Kim K. does is any less of a grind. You take the opportunities given to you and run with them.

First off, let me just say that I'm not against what she does nor do I think she should not have that kind of money or anything.

But she honestly does not do anything at all. No, I don't watch the show. I don't care about her lifestyle. But you can not tell me that you consider what she does hard work. To me, grinding = hard work. What does she do? Be on TV living her life, shoot some photo shoots, do some interviews, smash some athletes, just because she's making smart moves to make money does not mean she's working hard.

What she does is NOT a grind. Maybe we got different definitions of what grinding is but I always considered it really putting in all you got to make some cash or whatever success is to you. Are you telling me that Kim K has to stay committed to her photoshoots and her daily iced coffee pickups and occasional flirt with some other celebrity? Cause then I guess you could make the case that the 45-year old dude living in his mom's basement "committed" to Call of Duty, 7-11 slushees and fapping is "grinding", cause he's working on his craft.

Just cause you're raking in cash doesn't mean you're working hard. And her lifestyle is not working hard.
How can you say you know nothing about her but in the same breath say she doesn't work hard?
I'm not a fan of reality TV much, but your argument is flawed.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

First off, let me just say that I'm not against what she does nor do I think she should not have that kind of money or anything.

But she honestly does not do anything at all. No, I don't watch the show. I don't care about her lifestyle. But you can not tell me that you consider what she does hard work. To me, grinding = hard work. What does she do? Be on TV living her life, shoot some photo shoots, do some interviews, smash some athletes, just because she's making smart moves to make money does not mean she's working hard.

What she does is NOT a grind. Maybe we got different definitions of what grinding is but I always considered it really putting in all you got to make some cash or whatever success is to you. Are you telling me that Kim K has to stay committed to her photoshoots and her daily iced coffee pickups and occasional flirt with some other celebrity? Cause then I guess you could make the case that the 45-year old dude living in his mom's basement "committed" to Call of Duty, 7-11 slushees and fapping is "grinding", cause he's working on his craft.

Just cause you're raking in cash doesn't mean you're working hard. And her lifestyle is not working hard.
How can you say you know nothing about her but in the same breath say she doesn't work hard?

Well, you're right, so let me rephrase what I meant. From what I've seen and know about her, she does not work hard.

After all... none of us actually know her personally and what she does. All of what we know is based from what we hear/see. My conclusion is that she does not "work hard". The reason I put that in quotes was when I was typing it out, I realized that she does actually spend a lot of time and effort into what she does, so effectively she is working hard, but it's an easier way of work than most peoples. But once again, this is all speculation and observation.

Well, you're right, so let me rephrase what I meant. From what I've seen and know about her, she does not work hard.

After all... none of us actually know her personally and what she does. All of what we know is based from what we hear/see. My conclusion is that she does not "work hard". The reason I put that in quotes was when I was typing it out, I realized that she does actually spend a lot of time and effort into what she does, so effectively she is working hard, but it's an easier way of work than most peoples. But once again, this is all speculation and observation.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ya she's no construction worker or janitor, so she doesn't work hard 
laugh.gif

She has a good life, so she can't possibly be grinding 
laugh.gif

TennHouse2 wrote:
Im sorry scshift but ur just hating, u literaly admitted to not watching the show and having no idea what she does but ur still trying to descredit her work ethic? Shes literally always working making money in some form or fashion

THIS, but it's all good.

Im sorry scshift but ur just hating, u literaly admitted to not watching the show and having no idea what she does but ur still trying to descredit her work ethic? Shes literally always working making money in some form or fashion

OK so bottom line you don't know %@*+... correct? 
laugh.gif

Can't see how I'm hating when I said I was all for her getting paid. I know she's making a lot of money banking on people who adore celebrities and if I was in her position I'd do the same.

All of you saying that I can't comment or hold an opinion because I don't know her... do you know her? What do you know that I don't know? Only what you read, so I guess if you watch her show and keep in check with her life it might seem like she's all over the place making power moves. None of us know her or what she really does, I don't watch her show but if you think whatever is there is her difficult life then go ahead and argue against me.

But since we're arguing on whether she works hard or not, how about you guys, who know more about her than me, please post her activities/actions which signify she works hard?

No, just because you have a good life doesn't mean you don't work hard. Kobe and Lebron have great lives, and they sure work hard as hell. A countless number of CEOs have great lives and they work hard. I can list reasons as to why they work hard, too. So since Kim K works so hard, please give me reasons of what you think she does which constitutes grinding.

Originally Posted by Furrell

Originally Posted by Al Audi

all that money, but there is no cure for psoriasis
that sucks.
I've been on here for years and I always knew you were one but you've just solidified that you're an idiot. If you have kids, I hope one of them develops psoriasis or a similar skin condition so you know what its like for people who suffer from it. There's nothing funny about what you said.

Kim K getting $17.9 mil is nothing compared to the money that E! and these magazines will get in coverage and issues sold. The price to get advertisements on air and in print during the special is going to be through the roof. They are the real winners in this marriage. Says a lot about how the West views celebrity that she'd get this much though.
Lol wth. Al audis comment went riiight over your head
laugh.gif

Kobe and Lebron have great lives, and they sure work hard as hell.

What do Kobe and Lebron do that counts as ''working hard as hell'' that Kim K doesn't??
They all work for more money from clothing lines, endorsements, etc.

It may not be back-breaking, but I'm sure it's exhausting..

%@!%%$+ disgusting...
30t6p3b.gif

Really cant stand this woman and all that she's about; she's a touchstone for everything that is wrong with this country: blinding vanity, crippling consumerism, immorality, etc.

It's really disheartening knowing that she occupies a perch of social power in this country...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

What do Kobe and Lebron do that counts as ''working hard as hell'' that Kim K doesn't??
They all work for more money from clothing lines, endorsements, etc.

It may not be back-breaking, but I'm sure it's exhausting..

Are you being serious right now?

Kobe and Lebron are professional athletes. They need to perform at the highest level while other world-class athletes all with chips on their shoulders and something to prove years younger than them scrap at them every night. Kim K is a socialite.

Kobe/Lebron need to be at their peak physical shape in order to keep their job. If they slack, they will be nothing as soon as their contract expires. That means spending hours on the court, in the weight room, training with the team... more physical labor in a day than most humans do in a week. They need to stress their bodies like that for a living.

What does Kim K do? She looks good in front of a camera and keeps in the news every now and then by either saying something stupid or by smashing an athlete. Her life is dependent on her looks, which unless she gets into an accident or gets punched, will not fade, and there's no one waiting to take her place like Kobe/Lebron.

In addition, NBA players have to train for years in a rat race trying to make it through to the greatest stage in the world. Many come from poor/rough neighboorhoods. Kim K was born with her looks and was loaded with cash from the start. A couple thousand dollars can buy her some injections to move fat around in order to look better. I don't see any ways I can become a better basketball player just by dropping cash. Where's the shot and operation which makes me a deadly 3 point shooter?

Please try and compare what a professional athlete does compared to what Kim K does to anyone who has played a competitive sport past high school. They will walk right out on you.

scshift these folks dont know that you can only work hard if you're training or doing physical activity. dont mind them. they're silly.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

scshift these folks dont know that you can only work hard if you're training or doing physical activity. dont mind them. they're silly.

Nah I didn't say that though... but he said that Kobe/Lebron didn't work any harder than Kim K and if that's what you think, that's for you.

I'm done arguing. No one is going to change their opinion at the end of this thread. No one even give me a single example as to what Kim does that is so hard.

I'm tapping out.

[h1]Kim Kardashian Sex Tape Site's Traffic Spikes During Her Wedding Weekend[/h1]
Published August 23, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Kim%20Kardashian%20Red%20Carpet%20640.jpg

AP

May 29: Kim Kardashian arrives for the IZOD Vanity Fair Party in Indianapolis.

Kim Kardashian made a reported $18 million from deals associated with her wedding to basketball player Kris Humphries.

And that's not including the cut she gets from the massive increase in visits to the site that sells her sex tape with ex-boyfriend Ray J.

Over 2 million people visited the site that sells the video, "Kim Kardashian Superstar," over the weekend of her nuptials, according to TMZ. A rep said the site usually gets about 300,000 visitors a month.

Kardashian initially fought to keep the sex video from going public, but ended up settling with its distributor, Vivid, for an undisclosed sum that reportedly included a cut of future sales.

Which means the Kardashian-Humphries family could see their net worth rise with the sales increase of her sex tape with her ex boyfriend that was spurred by her wedding to somebody else.

Only in Hollywood.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...kes-during-her-wedding-weekend/#ixzz1W4THxrbH

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom