King County logo change

As of March 17, 2007 King County has official changed its logo from this:
King-Logo.jpg

to this:
Homelogo.gif

Now I am in no means a racist, and I'm a huge fan of Martin Luther King, but I just don't like this. This county has so little to do with him except it happens to share the last name of the man it was originally named after in 1852 , William Rufus de Vane King, with the Civil Rights Movement leader. It is cited that William Rufus de Vane King was pro-slavery, and the county already officially changed the King to refer to Martin Luther King as of 2005, I just think Im going to miss the crown. Any other thoughts, opinions or disagreements on this topic?
Ray Allen = G.S.O.A.T.

that is going to get some getting used to... i just went to the website, and saw the face in the corner... very very weird and awkward... i am with you... martin luther king was a great leader, but man...
Hella Filthy!
Team
Air Max Family and Pacific Northwest​

I think even changing the connotation from the original King to Martin Luther King was a pretty lame move. This in no way means that I support whatever William Rufus believed in, but the county was named after him and not MLK, and I bet a few years ago if you asked 100 people on the street in downtown Seattle, 99 would have told you they didn't even know why it was called King county. It was a non-issue except to those small minoritys (don't take that the wrong way, I'm speaking about the incredibly vocal small pockets of Seattle that come out of the woodwork depending on the "issue") that seems to always have an influence in Seattle. The original King is the reason this state exists so to completely ignore his contribution to the area is to ignore history as it suits you best.

yeah...like dude said, this county really has nothing to do with MLK, so changing the pic to that seems odd to me. We shoulda kept the crown, and kept it movin
Just look at it as 30 more pounds of awesomeness

I not going to lie I thought it was always named for MLK.
Team
Air Max Family X Pacific Northwest
Seattle,Washington​

Back
Top Bottom