King James Logo change ???

Originally Posted by AJ27526

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Im gonna miss the old 23 logo... I thought it was one of the few great logos in awhile.

Are you kidding me?

This??

It's 23 and then a big L. If you squint, a B and a J are in there too. This probably took a graphic arts intern 45 seconds to come up with.

There's no originality, no visual appeal, no clarity, nothing about his play or his personality in there... by any standard of evaluation, this is a terrible logo.
everything you said about an emblem is laughable.
"It's a big 23" -- ..like his number?
"then a big L" -- ..Lebron?
"a B and a J are in there too" -- Good Eye!
eek.gif

And then no clarity? You seem to have done a good job picking it apart, though you did have to "squint"
I do wish it had more visual appeal though, so I could lust after it more when im trying to look past the shoes.
As for his play it does need to emulate that more, say..just like kobe's logo
kobe_logo%20w.jpg

that just screams everything about how kobe plays, and its so original too. Heres the new one for next year:
2duhxxe.jpg

indifferent.gif

^^^^thats not a new version of Kobe's logo. Its the Nike football logo that they've been using for several years now. On a receiver's glove.

Dude, nicetomice, that post you quoted absolutely reeks of sarcasm, how do you not see that?

But addressing the topic at hand and the current discussion, I'd like to disagree with zombie's analysis of the L23 logo. Don't be so quick to hate on it--from a design standpoint it is quite successful. It includes everything it needs to in a simple yet elegant manner. For marketing, it really comes down to making a logo that immediately connects your mind to the player, and therefore in this case, the product, right? You don't have to see the words spelled out to know that when you see a swoosh you're immediately thinking Nike. Same with the Jumpman logo--your mind immediately thinks Jordan. The L23 and the Kobe sheath logos are no different; you immediately know exactly what they represent (though I think the Kobe logo could use work personally).

Lebron's number change gives Nike a big chance to push a new, rejuvenated name for him if they want. The truth is we haven't witnessed a "king" yet because he doesn't have any championships to his name, so maybe Nike pushes a different idea since it's a very pivotal year for Lebron in numerous aspects, including the number change. Of course this is purely speculative and for debate's sake, because I have no idea what's up Nike's sleeve. What I do know is that I'm not the only one getting tired of the idea of King James and witnessing history without Lebron actually coming through.

There are very few good signature logos out there. They are either to plain or just straight up not catchy / don't look good. You could put that logo on any LeBron shoe & it looks great. Compared to the other signature logos in the past few years, I'd have this near the top.

I can't count many other good logos the past couple years, The Kobe logo included.

There's only so much you could do with a logo, while most are plain & not catchy, this has both & imo looks good. I guess it comes down to "To each their own..."

Originally Posted by jumpmanfan1

Im gonna miss the old 23 logo... I thought it was one of the few great logos in awhile.

Are you kidding me?

This??

It's 23 and then a big L. If you squint, a B and a J are in there too. This probably took a graphic arts intern 45 seconds to come up with.

There's no originality, no visual appeal, no clarity, nothing about his play or his personality in there... by any standard of evaluation, this is a terrible logo.

Acutally I have to disagree, it probably took the designer quite a bit of time to incorporate all aspects of type that represent lebron in one simple logo, I thought it was quite creative as I use to sit and try to imitate the concept with different letters and numbers, as well as draw this one itself. It is actually a little difficult to make all of those come together as one w/o it looking conjunctive.

SN; I think the dunkman logo is waaay too cliche seeing as how shaq and jordan already use similar logos.... I'll be looking for something completely new and innovative.

sorry and this is not an attack on anybodies intelligence or creative sense, for i my self am not a creative genius, but the old logo was draw by a 5 year old... there wasnt much skill/creativity needed to come up with that logo. i hope the new one would look better. for the record i like the dunkman better than the lbj23-childish logo... i like the lion-face the most actually. nike, please step your logos up a notch higher. am not to fond of the kobe logo either but its way better than lebrons(current)... have a nice day kids!

Are you kidding me?

This??

Acutally I have to disagree, it probably took the designer quite a bit of time to incorporate all aspects of type that represent lebron in one simple logo, I thought it was quite creative as I use to sit and try to imitate the concept with different letters and numbers, as well as draw this one itself. It is actually a little difficult to make all of those come together as one w/o it looking conjunctive.

SN; I think the dunkman logo is waaay too cliche seeing as how shaq and jordan already use similar logos.... I'll be looking for something completely new and innovative.

sorry and this is not an attack on anybodies intelligence or creative sense, for i my self am not a creative genius, but the old logo was draw by a 5 year old... there wasnt much skill/creativity needed to come up with that logo. i hope the new one would look better. for the record i like the dunkman better than the lbj23-childish logo... i like the lion-face the most actually. nike, please step your logos up a notch higher. am not to fond of the kobe logo either but its way better than lebrons(current)... have a nice day kids!

the day that LJ wins a NBA champinships should be the day he cahnages his logo in my opinion

embarassed.gif
mhsrunner09 wrote:

Dude, nicetomice, that post you quoted absolutely reeks of sarcasm, how do you not see that? 
Sorry, I didn't read the post. Just looked at the pics and said %%!?

of all the current logos, LBJ's sucks. Vince Carters, Tony Parkers, Chris Paul, Steve Nash, all have better logos.

theres just wayyyy too much going on in that logo

Are you kidding me?

This??

+  the chinese character look to it. We all know his infatuation with China with its own c/w for every sig.

i actually think its pretty creative considering it was made 8 years ago. it pretty much started up the logo thing again for nike

you really just hate anything that has to do with the man huh?
laugh.gif

I wonder if the clothing will push bigger #s... My cousin (who really isn't into Nike/basketball) thought lebrons clothing line was JB just for the simple fact that it had a 23 on it.

If they use the dunkman logo, the majority will rather buy the other (jumpman) logo.

Regardless.... If it has a Nike Logo right by it... Ppl will buy it.

We're still calling him King?

Because last I saw, LeBron was giving up in the last two playoff games he was involved in. I mean, it's nice that he has "WITNESS HISTORY" tatt'd down his legs, it'd be better if he played like he cared about winning

He's about the money now, a media mogul 1st, "NBA great with the heart of a winner" 2nd.

Originally Posted by igotthatfire247

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

People will say that he wants to be like jordan with the jumpman logo.
I'm pretty sure the comparisons to Black Jesus will stop soon, if they haven't already. 
eyes.gif

IMO the whole concept of "King James" has been dethroned until he gets a few rings -- until then, he's just LeBron.
tired.gif
yes sir. kobe at least has delivery

everyone shouldn't be arguing about the old logo and its originality. it was a clear ripoff of a levis logo that came out before it. it probably took the people at nike 5 minutes to make the changes to incorporate bron's number. 

personally i never minded the l23 logo. the dunkman has been done before and is unoriginal. my actual favorite logo of his is the lion with the crown. i wish they'd go forward using that only. but it'll probably be either the crest of the dunkman. sigh.

I agree. I think da dunkman logo theme is gettn old. A crown wit 23 or 6 (w/e # he wears next yr)  or a lion w/ a crown or sumthin new would be better den da stereotypical jumpman sign 

Don't forget Sheed's logo. But yes, its getting sort of tired...

moz-screenshot.png
SHAQ_Dunkman-logo-9D4C84CA4E-seeklogo.com.gif
air%2Bjordan%2Blogo.jpg
rasheed.gif
news_dunkman4-tee1.jpg

Maybe a 6 with a J attached to it and an L and a Crown in there some where
maybe something like this: LJ6 but the six and J as one...stupid idea hahahah

Back
Top Bottom