King Like T.I. but in the Chi....

Is it just me or are midwest gangs getting more and more recognition? I'd NEVER expect Kanye to take it there, and he did. Common had folks shaking up inthe Corner video and that %%## went almost unnoticed. But __s like me was
eek.gif
though cause we're used to hearing all this crip and blood rhetoric butain't no Bs and Cs where we live at. It's crazy to see our street culture represented now. So.... with the focus of rap seemingly shiftingfurther away from the corners of the country (NY, LA, ATL) do you think there will be an influx of rappers dropping peeps/folks allusions like how Game, Weezy,Snoop, and others so adamently rep their %%##? I know I've heard Lupe mention hat tilting and all that jazz so many times, but I feel as if I'm theonly one catching it because I'm from this area. Is the rap world becoming more aware of the existense of other organized units besides Bs and Cs?If so, what will that mean in the near future?

just said this in the Jay thread, but Atlanta rappers screaming Vice Lord & GD @#@$ all over they records nowdays....I dont remember hearing that before.

You know rappers go thru Gang affiliation like fashion statements tho...

Get outta here Rilla. You from Gary, not Chicago
grin.gif

J/P Famo
laugh.gif
Don't forget back when 3 6 was still deco. "GD'sVL's!"

Lupe
Common
BUMP
Cashis (Shady/Aftermath)
Twista
Just about all the Chi rappers be throwing subs when it comes to what they are or what gang is around them.
Jeezy & Rick Ross shout out & are aware of the GD's, VL, Stones etc...

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Who is Larry Hoover?(Not from the States, don't flame me)

Google is your friend ...

Ross shouted out Larry and the GD's on his Trilla intro... Still gets me on 10 everytime
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MBlackmon

Get outta here Rilla. You from Gary, not Chicago
grin.gif

J/P Famo
laugh.gif
Don't forget back when 3 6 was still deco. "GD's VL's!"

__ I know where I'm from
laugh.gif
Ross shouted out Larry and the GD's on his Trilla intro... Still gets me on 10 everytime
pimp.gif

Nation you ain't lying brother.. straight up
rockon.gif
status...
pimp.gif

You sure 'Ye was shouting him out? Sounded like he was callin himself Larry King to me...

Edit - I guessss it could be 'Ye using a double entendre...still believe Kanye is referring to Larry King

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

You sure 'Ye was shouting him out? Sounded like he was callin himself Larry King to me...

Edit - I guessss it could be 'Ye using a double entendre...still believe Kanye is referring to Larry King
Hov immediately says "Hoover... Hova"

Pretty sure it's just about Larry Hoover.

Originally Posted by D723

Hov immediately says "Hoover... Hova"

Pretty sure it's just about Larry Hoover.
yeah i saw that above and for some reason was blanking out on Hov's part...

I laughed...
grin.gif

..Hoover...Hova..Both us...American Gangsters
You choose who's, colder--
__s get ill in the booth but I'm gross,
I can't even stomach myself, ulcer
sick.gif

the only good track on bp3
roll.gif
roll.gif

How is music shifting away from the coasts? It ain't really shifting anywhere, it is just stagnant in general.

Do you consider Tennessee the midwest or the south?

'Cause _'s from Tennessee been shouting GD & VL for the longest.

c6d3529dbf0babd6143c524a902bb416f9da63e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom