Kingdom Come..The Prelude..

What the *$*# you gonna do, except hustle?!

* Beat drops..... flutes play *

The games #$*%$! up, @!%%+* beats is banging, %$+%! ya hooks did it, ya lyrics didn't, ya gangsta look did it....

Man i thought i was in for another Jay classic album, i was disappointed after hearing such a intro.

tired.gif

Just make it the Prelude appreciation thread, lol.

I still play that daily, he killed it.

KC had some great verses & overall a great concept.. i just think the beats didnt deliver..

lost ones is one of his best songs IMO though

Prelude
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

For real though, I think KC gets too much hate, it's not his best work but it's not bad, it's an alright album IMO.

Kingdom Come is still far better than most emcess could deliver with an album.. The hype was so big because it was comeback album and it wasn't a classic so it was seen as wack.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Kingdom Come is still far better than most emcess could deliver with an album.. The hype was so big because it was comeback album and it wasn't a classic so it was seen as wack.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Not saying the album was great; it was solid and had a drop off after the first six tracks but I agree it is heavily and unfairly scrutinized because it was a comeback album.

I also agree that it is Jay's best intro to an album and one of my favorite hip-hop intro's period.

2nd best intro... issh was beyond dope, i just knew he was bout to kill KC cuz of this n all the previous guest features right before....didnt quite work out that way tho

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by Essential1

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Not saying the album was great; it was solid and had a drop off after the first six tracks but I agree it is heavily and unfairly scrutinized because it was a comeback album.

I also agree that it is Jay's best intro to an album and one of my favorite hip-hop intro's period.

To this day, I say that if this intro was the intro for American Gangster, it would have put AG into his top 3 cds easily.

song is
pimp.gif

but the album as a whole sucked. i def wasted my money on that purchase smh

who ever produced this beat i feel stole it from Axe Puzzles but changed it slighty by addin some Super Fly samples hahaha

mayne i used to recite this all day after KC came out - the lyricism on this intro is heat rocks.

fresh like mannie b
chain like antifreeze
shoebox full of cash dealer man hand me keys
pantry full of arm n hammer don't nancy drew to see what it do I'm a damn g
just sent a million dollars through a hands-free that's big money talk can you answer me?
before the answer was 3.......

mayne im wildin

Back
Top Bottom