Knight Rider 2.0: Trans Am vs. Ford Mustang

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/4237588.html

Check out the new version of KITT. The Mustang got more gadgets, but i like the look of the Trans AM . No competition IMO. Trans Am owns.

[h3]KITT vs. KITT Spec Breakdown![/h3][table][tr][td] [h3]KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TWO THOUSAND: 1982 Pontiac Trans Am[/h3] [/td] [td] [h3]KNIGHT INDUSTRIES THREE THOUSAND: 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500KR[/h3] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
kitt-315-b-1207.jpg
[/td] [td]
kitt-315-a-1207.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Vehicle Type: Front engine, rear-wheel drive, two-door coupe
Engine Type: Knight Industries turbojet with modified afterburners
Transmission: Eight-speed microprocessor turbodrive with autopilot
Price New: $11,400,000 (est.)
Acceleration: 0 to 60 mph: 0.2 seconds with power boosters. Standing quarter mile: 4.286 seconds
Braking (70 to 0 mph): 14 ft.
Fuel Economy: Classified, but thought to be 200 mpg[/td] [td]Vehicle Type: Front engine, on-demand all-wheel drive, two-door coupe
Engine Type: Aluminum block/titanium heads 5.4-liter V8 internal combustion with Whipple supercharger and Knight Industries liquid air cycle auxiliary turbine engine. 540 hp in Hero mode. Power output can't be measured in Attack mode.
Transmission: Continuously variable transmission with infinite power band
Price New: $45.6 million, as tested
Acceleration: 0 to 60 mph: 1.77 seconds. Standing quarter mile: 3.87 seconds
Braking (300 to 0 mph): 12 ft.
Fuel Economy: Not testable
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td] [h3]SPECIAL FEATURES COMPARISON[/h3] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h3]Trans-Am[/h3] [/td] [td] [h3]Feature[/h3] [/td] [td] [h3]Mustang[/h3] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Version 1.0[/td] [td]Knight Industries 2000 microprocessor[/td] [td]Version 2.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Auto Cruise[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Auto Pursuit[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Auto Collision Avoidance[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Voice Interaction[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Emergency Eject[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Audio/Video In-Dash Functions[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Radar[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Sonar[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]X-Ray[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Autopilot[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Voice Analyzer[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Infrared Tracking Scope[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10 miles[/td] [td]Range[/td] [td]20 miles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Pyroclastic Lamination[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Blood Analyzer[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Microwave Jammer[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Interior Oxygenator[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Rocket Boosters[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Smokescreen[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Olfactory Detector[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Spectrograph[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Electromagnetic Field Generator[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Microwave Ignition Sensor[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Aquatic Synthesizer[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Electronic Field Disrupter[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Ultra Magnesium Charges[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Ultraphonic Chemical Analyzer[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Graphic Translator[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Anamorphic Equalizer[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]DNA Analysis Equipment[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Mass Spectrometer[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Targeted Electromagnetic Pulse[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Military-Grade GPS[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Heated Seats[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Grappling Hook[/td] [td]No[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Oil Jets[/td] [td]No[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Yes[/td] [td]Flame Thrower[/td] [td]No[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]3D Heads-Up Display[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Laser Weapons System[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Holographic Projection[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Keyless Entry and Ignition[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Personal Safety System[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Nanotech Cloaking[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]360-Degree Video Surveillance[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Laser-Guided Missile Defense[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Mini-KITT Reconnaissance Drone[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]24-Hour Roadside Assistance[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]1000-Watt Quadraphonic Stereo System[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]In-Seat Medical Diagnosis[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No[/td] [td]Biometric Analysis[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][/table]

I don't care about the stats. I can't bring myself to like the Mustang. They should have went with a Corvette at least.

Mustang ***HANDS DOWN**

That's like comparing Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant

Mike's a LEGEND but U gotta go with Kobe ALL DAY

The Mustang would be great if it was simplified some...change the wheels and the spoiler(s).
I'll take the OG KITT anyday.

Nice to see this on here... I work for the company that made and provided the mustangs and we were excited to see how people would react to the change. Ford isthe sponsor for the show, so expect to see a whole lot of them.

That's like comparing Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant

Mike's a LEGEND but U gotta go with Kobe ALL DAY
indifferent.gif

Horrible comparison, and I'm sure Kobe is at the top of your swag list...

I guess Pontiac didn't want to front a few rides. Regardless, there will ALWAYS be more custom Trans Ams out there than the Mustang version. The Trans Amseems more stealth and mysterious. The Mustang makes people look at it and be like+!+$!

Should have been this:

kitt_rider.jpg

Back
Top Bottom