Kobe 2 VS Zoom Lebron Soldier

Which one has better ankle support, cushioning, ventilation, and traction?

Also an overall conclusion would be great. It's for a 5'7 130 lb Shooting Guard who usually drives in, and takes a mid-range shot when clear.

Thanks in advance.

Also, please consider which would be good for outdoors (clay,asphalt etc.)

--Ankle support--:
Kobe 2: this is probably the worst part in ZKII. The ankle support is bad for guards. It's very stiff and cuts into my achilles causing a lot of pain :frown:
frown.gif

Soldier: ankle support in soldiers is suitable for guards. It's not very restrictive, but as a guard I appreciate that because it allows my feet for more movement

--cushioning--:
Kobe 2: cushioning is great and that low-profile zoom air unit is superb
Soldier: similar to 20-5-5s, very responsive, very good

--ventilation--:
Kobe 2: due to the diamond holes very good air flow
Soldier: soldiers don't have any major perforation and I was afraid it's gonna be hot in there, but I have to say they're ok. I haven't experience any problem for that reason.

--traction--:
Kobe 2: very good
Soldier: very good, indoor and outdoor

--outdoor--:
Kobe 2: DO NOT PLAY OUTDOORS. they won't live long
Soldier: designed to be played outdoors!!!! very durable. 20-5-5s and Soldiers are the only outdoor destined sneakers in past few years, which give you the top performance both indoor and outdoors.

Both pairs are one of the bests. They weight about the same. Very good basketball kicks.

my take:
Since I get bruises in ma pair of Ultimate ZKII I choose Nike Zoom Soldier. The midfoot strap works wonders - I love that lockdown feeling :pimp:
pimp.gif
check out: nikelebron.net

oops i didn't read the second post.. i just voted right away.. iw ould like to change my vote to the Zoom Lebron Soldier

very good analysis....my foot is very very narrow so overall the kobe's are better for me...no problem with ankle stiffness or being too restrictive

the soldiers are made for outdoor hooping, the kobes only have those tiny pods of rubber on the bottom. imo, unless you have wide feet then go with the soldiers. you definitely wont get your moneys worth from the kobe 2 outdoors.

^^ I've killed two pairs of Strenghts outdoors already in the course of 1 month. Definitely an indoor shoe only!! My Soldiers look almost brand new after playing outside, way more durable.
"The Way, the Truth and the Life"

--- Food for Thought ----

"A man without knowledge of his past is like a tree with no roots." - Marcus Garvey

I play with my Ultimates outdoors for 2 months and I haven't had any problems. The pods on the outsole are still like new!

soldiers are made for outdoor
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
.:: |Andrea Bargnani|Chris Bosh|Jose Calderon|T.J. Ford|Jorge Garbajosa|Anthony Parker| ::.​

The soldiers would definately be better outdoor. The outsole is thick as anything i've seen. The zoom air is reponsive, fit is amazing and less restrictive than my Kobe2 ultimaes.

The plus for the Kobe ultimates, is they feel like they have a better court feel. The zoom air in the Kobe's is articulated and feels amazing.

well the durability is the only aspect of the soldier that I like better int he soldier. I have both shoes.

Both are great, but ankle support, cushioning, and over all feel is just way better in the kobe 2, but your not gonna go wrong with either one of these shoes. Both are great. The Kobe 2 is just probably my fav shoe of all time, either that or the kobe 1, and Im not even a kobe fan. Just has some great shoes.

im also a guard and i LOVE the zk2s for ball indoors, my team just ordered the soldiers for team shoes so i will see how they are
TeamLakersLoyalty is a beautiful thing
teamautobot​
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

KOBE ii WILL OUT PERFORM ANY BASKETBALL SHOE OUT. AND YES I STICK TO THAT BECAUSE I HAVE MANY BBALL KICKS AND I DO ROTATE THEM AND I USUALLY END UP HATING EVERY BALL KICKS AND WEAR THE KBII
NIKE Talking Since
'94

^ so I guess you tried the Soldiers on-court if you're making such a strong statement, lol ?

Kobes are not so perfect either, about 50% of users can't stand the Achilles pains.

check out: nikelebron.net

Back
Top Bottom