Kobe advises '12 team would beat Dream Team

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

2012 < 2008. 2008 could beat 1992 probably in a 7 game series. Dwight can cause problems in defending Pat and David
but the real advantage of team 2012 is LeBron, Wade, Kobe (around Jordan's age and the league MVP) basically their wing
is awesome with a HOFer in Jason Kidd as the PG. c'mon. That would be a 6 game series AT LEAST.

And please, don't use the "league is soft nowadays and calls ticky tac fouls"
they will play under FIBA rules with FIBA refs, not in the NBA.
I agree. I think if any team has a chance to beat them it's the 2008 team.
It's yet to be seen what this 2012 team is capable of. We have to wait to see if they win the Gold because this time it should be harder to win it than 2008 with what most people believe to be a lesser USA team compared to 2008.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by Stillmatic23

Team Select beat Team USA in a couple of scrimmages. Not one, but two or three times says Kyrie Irving. One was where Kyrie scored 11 of his teams 14 buckets. Magic would embarass this team if a 20 yr old Kyrie could.
The Dream team lost to a college all star team in scrimmage too.

"But they didn't make any adjustments, and coach K played odd lineups to prove a point..."

As if that matters. If you have 11 HOF's and 23 rings between all ya'll, then you should every time regardless of how many timeouts your coach calls
laugh.gif
....no?

Team Select beat Team USA in a couple of scrimmages. Not one, but two or three times says Kyrie Irving. One was where Kyrie scored 11 of his teams 14 buckets. Magic would embarass this team if a 20 yr old Kyrie could.

One game.

Originally Posted by AG 47

"But they didn't make any adjustments, and coach K played odd lineups to prove a point..."

As if that matters. If you have 11 HOF's and 23 rings between all ya'll, then you should every time regardless of how many timeouts your coach calls
laugh.gif
....no?
But Coach K's team won though.  Chuck Daly was coaching the Pro's, and Coach K said in the documentary that Coach Daly threw the game to prove a point to the players

Originally Posted by jasongilmore

I'm on pg. 5 right now but ya'll are hanging your hats on Westbrook as the most athletic of this current squad, he doesn't even start on this team. You also know that he is a nut-case, he is one aggressive elbow from '92 Barkley from imploding. IMO, this isn't even the 2nd best Olympic team. '96 has that honor. 2012 couldn't even beat 2008's team. What about K.D. you say? I think we just saw the answer to that in this year's finals. Lebron shut him down. Kobe( mind you, is my favorite current player today) isn't guarding MJ in 92. MJ was in his prime, and had Westbrook's quickness in a 6'6" frame. We all know Kobe can't check Westbrook right now. Hell, 2012 Kobe would have problems with 2008 Kobe. So he is not checking Jordan. I know it's all hypothetical and it's an interesting conversation but I don't think this team has a chance. There isn't anyone on this squad that has anything for the front line of '92. They had 11 hall of famers,(don't forget Mullin) and yes he was that good, when he wasn't drunk. I think we aren't giving the Dream Team enough credit. Yes they blew away some pretty awful teams. But I also think they had the talent to play any way they needed to, to win in any situation. They didn't kill everyone with crazy athleticism, because they didn't need to. It doesn't mean they didn't have the ability to.

Very well said...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

if i could combine the redeem team and the 2012 team and add rose... i think they can beat the dream team..

well yea. you'd have two LeBrons, Melos, Durants, etc.
indifferent.gif
.. fail
dwill, rose
wade, kobe
melo, durant
lebron, love
d12, chandler
+ 2 more

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by gllahone84

laugh.gif

I guess you don't remember the Bruce Lee vs. Tyson thread from years ago in General
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

yeah!!! lets do that again!!
grin.gif
roll.gif
Bruce Lee advocates were eating me up!

Sidenote: I think the '96 squad beats '92 and 2012 teams. Easy.

Man, this thread is just a gateway for stupid sports talk. Some of the stuff being said here is
laugh.gif

But, I do agree with Kobe. This years team can probably win 1 game. 7-game series, that's different.

bold statement by kobe... like the confidence, but dont know if they could beat the dream team. love to see that match tho

if i could combine the redeem team and the 2012 team and add rose... i think they can beat the dream team..

indifferent.gif
.. fail
dwill, rose
wade, kobe
melo, durant
lebron, love
d12, chandler
+ 2 more

Still only stronger at only one position.

Still would get totally murdered by Robinson-Ewing down low.

indifferent.gif
.. fail
dwill, rose
wade, kobe
melo, durant
lebron, love
d12, chandler
+ 2 more
So then can I combine '96 & '92 and thus add Shaq, Payton, Olajuwon to the Dream team?

People need to stop bringing up the 1996 team. Many people, including guys actually on that team, are on record saying that team wasn't very good (guys arguing over playing time, not getting along, etc.). They had great individual talent, and they won because the world hadn't caught up yet, but they say look no further than that team as to why they barely won in 2000, and kept sliding from there.

Back
Top Bottom