Kobe Bryant Appreciation Thread (29/11/15) retirement announcement. final szn.

One of the greatest players I've had the pleasure of seeing. Just an endless stream of big plays and highlights.

GOAT. My favorite player of all time in any sport.

Many people call him a MJ copycat, and a lot of people take away from his accomplishments, but he is the last of a dying breed. A pure competitor who wants do whatever it takes to win.

Carried a team on his back for a decade and some change after Shaq left and has brought so much to a franchise.

Kobe is always appreciated.

I believe someone state there was one created before.

However, it died.

This is the new one

This is one of the greatest, and probably the most underrated, performances of his career.

I remember watching this live and being in disbelief. 

Repped.

This one falls in to the same category, part of that late season push to make the playoffs right before the achilles tear.

Last edited:
Repped.

This one falls in to the same category, part of that late season push to make the playoffs right before the achilles tear.
That 15-20 game stretch at the end of the season to drag the Lakers to the playoffs was incredible. Such unbelievable play. So many memorable games. That aforementioned Raptors game. The 20 point comeback against the Pelicans where he went 40 and 10. The Portland game where he played all 48 minutes and thoroughly outplayed Lillard, who was 10 years younger than him. The AMNESTY THAT game against the Mavs. The dunk over Josh Smith to seal the game. Even the Warriors game, the one he got injured, he broke Thompson's ankles, then later on he hit 2 clutch 3s to keep the Lakers in the game. I watched about 70 games that season. There were other reasons besides the lack of chemistry between Kobe and Dwight that that led to such a dissapointing season (namely the initial Nash injury that ruined his carreer), but boy, it was one of my favorite seasons ever. Had Kobe not gotten injured, who knows, the Lakers may have a good chance at beating the Spurs in the first round.

The Lakers aren't beating the Spurs in 2013

They were way too inconsistent, they may have pushed them to a game 6 though

Back
Top Bottom