Kobe Bryant haters, please come in and give me a legit reason

as to why you hate this man. Over the years, my hate for Kobe has turned into appreciation. I don't think there is any other player in the league with asmuch of a genuine passion and love for the game as Kobe. Sure he's tough on this teammates and he single's/calls them out, but that's cause heonly wants to get the best from them. He's grown and matured a lot over the years, from a selfish, show-boating kid to a team oriented player determinedto prove his haters and doubters wrong. He's already cemented his legacy as one of the game's best players, with a work ethic that's unmatched. When the subject of Shaq is brought up, people are always so quick to discredit Kobe for the 3 'chips.

I'm not even a Kobe fan like that, but I respect his game/determination/work ethic. What he does off the court, I can care less. So Kobe haters on thisboard, why do you hate this man? Give me a legit reason. Please don't say something ******ed like "OH HE TRIES TOO HARD TO BE MJ LULZ" or"HE'S A RAPIST AND LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL."

Same for me I used to truly hate this guy...now i see myself admiring his game, he is definitely one of the best to ever do it

I don't "hate" him. He's an incredible, HOF-bound player.

But I dislike his demeanor and personality. He seems highly unlikeable, his personality seems very contrived, he's got this condescending arrogance thatpermeates from him on and off the court.

i respect his game and his skills.. honestly.. its just fun to root against the guy

i dont hate him but i do not like him.

he cheated on his beautiful wife for a 1 night stand.

As an individual basketball player Kobe is amazing
pimp.gif

But I still have hate for him b/c of the way he throws his team under the bus at times, and because of the rape case

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

But I dislike his demeanor and personality. He seems highly unlikeable, his personality seems very contrived, he's got this condescending arrogance that permeates from him on and off the court.

Why is his personality relevant to his achievements on the court? I never understood that... all great players are arrogant and cocky in a sense, because theyfeel they're one of the best, and rightfully so, especially in Kobe's mind. I don't wanna bring this into the topic, LeBron is the same way, butit's obvious he puts on a front so he can appear to be "likeable" infront of the lens.

I respect his game and I know he is one of the best if not the best in the league right now. But the reason I hate him is because he seems to try too hard tobe liked. Plus he tries to be funny when he's not. And ever since he was acquitted from the rape trial, he seems like he's trying to be a wholedifferent person. But i do respect Kobe as a ball player.

Why do people think if you're not wearing a Kobe jersey and praising him every minute of every day that you are a "hater" ?

Those people are worse than the actual haters.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

He's grown and matured a lot over the years, from a selfish, show-boating kid to a team oriented player
Same observation here.

Hated him so much back then because of his cockiness since I saw him at the '97 Dunk Contest to the 3-peat.
laugh.gif

But I dislike his demeanor and personality. He seems highly unlikeable, his personality seems very contrived, he's got this condescending arrogance that permeates from him on and off the court.

its funny when people say this because you guys act like you know the guy personally ... just because the media portrays him like that, does it mean hes reallylike that ?

it's not that i don't like him, it's that i hate the lakers. i'd get his olympic jersey, but not his laker one.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

its funny when people say this because you guys act like you know the guy personally ... just because the media portrays him like that, does it mean hes really like that ?

It's funny because you're assuming that people's judgment is based on anything media-related. I don't care about the media and Kobe Bryant. I dissect his personality based on what I see and dissect, not based on what the media sees.
that is one of the dumbest things i heard on Niketalk EVER you must hate this guy so much u have to "dissect" his personality hes infront of cameras of course hes gonna come out fake.

Treats people like trash and thinks he can get away with it (ie: his maid).

Cheats on his wife.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Why is his personality relevant to his achievements on the court? I never understood that... all great players are arrogant and cocky in a sense, because they feel they're one of the best, and rightfully so, especially in Kobe's mind. I don't wanna bring this into the topic, LeBron is the same way, but it's obvious he puts on a front so he can appear to be "likeable" infront of the lens.

Your logic is ******ed. I don't judge a person based on one aspect of their life. If there's a rapper who puts out 5 classic albums, but he's out in the streets every day raping women, and selling crack to people....I still consider that person a piece of scum.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
right because u definitely know what's happening behind the scene ofsomeone's personal life.

and this is what you quoted:

Selfish
Quitter
Crybaby
Rapist

I dissect his personality based on what I see and dissect, not based on what the media sees.
contradicting urself much?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I would have to agree with this. Unfortunately he is/has not been very humble Word to Jerry Rice the exception of this would have to be the 1993 NFCchampionship game, when he ran his mouth during the pregame
laugh.gif

if u actually follow kobe's career from the start, he was actually VERY well-liked when he first entered the L, despite his cockiness. he was well-groomed,well-spoken, outgoing to the media, and not like any other athlete who just goes hangs with groupies and things like that. AND THAT WAS THE IMAGE HE PUT OUTTHERE.

then the colorado incident came and his image COMPLETELY changed. when you do that, you don't seem very real and most ppl can't relate to that.

basketball wise, he's one of the best to do it and a top 2 player in the game today, after being the best for a while. but i think the way he portrayshimself is more catered to the media.

Funny cuz the reasons some are stating could be said about many athletes.

I like Kobe but whoever said he's trying to be another person is on the right track it's due to the trial and image repairing.

Why do you think he became #24? Even after his amazing 2006, people still didn't let it go like they do with other athletes and that is because Kobe nevergives you who he really is on camera. Also the #24 was a mental change personally for him as a player.

Now to hate the guy for being an image repairer when we all know what is obvious hate from fans and media, you "mature sports fans" should be able tonot be a part of that crowd and should respect his efforts.

As a fan I don't like it because it took away the killer at times when that killer is needed.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Funny cuz the reasons some are stating could be said about many athletes.

I like Kobe but whoever said he's trying to be another person is on the right track it's due to the trial and image repairing.

I disagree completely. You're not paying attention to what we're saying. We're not just saying "he's arrogant." There are plenty ofother pro athletes WAY more arrogant. Hell, half of the wide receivers in the NFL have egos bigger than Kobe's. That's not the whole story with Kobe.

I don't hate kobe

I just hate when fool complain 2 tha ref's about ticky tack fouls on him...
eyes.gif

When he laughs wit his teammates it looks fake, Like he's forcing his self ta fit in off tha court

Pppl needa 2 stop comparing kobe 2 jordan, Did jordan cry & demand a trade from his organization cuz he doesn't have good players aroundhim...
45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif
Did jordan eva cry 2 tha ref's about fouls & pickup t.fouls becuz of datt...

Magic's get her done tonite & when dis series...
2483c40a23a3261540f8c9c4b5040891.gif

"Who's give a *$%@ what a hater gotta say?" -Ross

"Im going for the ring, Im going for the Ring
I went to Bejing and came back with the Bling Who they want? They Want Kobe
What he want? He want the trophy The Vic-tory, and the Glor-ry
No Shaq, No Robert Horry" Lil Wayne

Go LAKERS!

Back
Top Bottom