Kobe Bryant Signs Max Contract Extension With The Lakers

Lakers Sign Kobe Bryant to Contract Extension

Kobe Bryant(notes) has reached an agreement with the Los Angeles Lakers on a three-year extension that could be worth more than $90 million.

Bryant has had the contract sitting on the table throughout the season and finally reached agreement in the last 24 hours, sources say. He could have opted out of his current deal this summer and become part of the NBA’s historic free-agent class, but will now likely finish his career with the Lakers.

Bryant, 31, is a four-time NBA champion and the 2008 NBA Most Valuable Player.

best in the L.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No media cares about this...

It's all about The LBJ 2010.

The campaign is SERIOUS.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

90 million? I mean damn, take a pay cut so we can get CP3 in 2011.
smile.gif
I can dream.
Heck, I'd be happy for some extra cap room to strengthen the bench and to ensure we can pay gasol. 

Originally Posted by E3LAL

smile.gif
I can dream.
Heck, I'd be happy for some extra cap room to strengthen the bench and to ensure we can pay gasol. 

Pau has already been resigned for the next 3 years

Good

Id be very mad if I was Lamar Odom

First Pau now Kobe....all  he wanted was  5 years $45mill
laugh.gif

He's the best player in the L, what do you guys expect. Yea it would be nice to take a pay cut but why. Put yourself in his shoes, he does everything he's asked to and goes the extra mile every single day. Let me see some of you taking paycuts next year after working your a.s.s off at work for the betterment of others. If anything Buss should shell out more money, Lakers are making so much money is ridiculous. Good for Kobe.

Originally Posted by iceNcream

Originally Posted by E3LAL

smile.gif
I can dream.

Pau has already been resigned for the next 3 years
Duh, forgot.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Pay cut? For one of the best players in the world? Don't think so.
Garnett took a decent pay cut when he was at the top of his game in 07 right before he was traded here to help the team have future flexibility.

This particular deal reminds me of the Shaq extension, to be honest.

They're going to be in the mid 80 million dollar range with 6 players under contract: Bynum, Kobe, Odom, Artest, Gasol, and Walton. That's a damn good 5/6, but we're gonna see players worse/on the level of Farmar, Shannon, Morrison, and Fish.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Pay cut? For one of the best players in the world? Don't think so.
Garnett took a decent pay cut when he was at the top of his game in 07 right before he was signed here to help the team have future flexibility.

This particular deal reminds me of the Shaq extension, to be honest.

Well that may be, but Pau was signed, Bynum is signed, and Odom is locked for a few, so the main core is set, Kobe was just the icing on the cake.

Now, if the Lakers can just secure a solid reliable PG.

Ninety

MILLION

Dollars

laugh.gif

One million dollars... ninety times.

eek.gif

Ninety thousand stacks of $100,000

I'm doing life way wrong.
frown.gif

This deal is for all he's done and hopefully what he's about to do as well. 

I don't care what the number is, it woulda been stupid to sign Bynum, Pau, Odom and Artest and then have Kobe walk out. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  So they needed to just get the deal done. 

Back
Top Bottom