Kobe, LeBron and Jordan read Vol. Not fair

Originally Posted by iryceboi

robert horry > mj > kobe > lebron, on rings, that is. hahaha
by that logic...

Phil Jackson>Robert horry>mj>kobe>lebron on rings
laugh.gif

Ok look at it this way. Jordan play in an era dominated only by big men. Jordan did not have to play or guard against many athletic shooting guards/ pointguard/ or even athletic big men . Kobe on the other hand, are playing in an era of faster, stronger, quicker basketball and full of athletic beasts and guardsthat could jump out of the gym . I dont think MJ can be as good as Kobe if hes playing in today game (and im a Jordan fan as a kid)

MJ is the GOAT

Pippen is UNDERRATED

Kobe, Shaq, and MJ all had Phil (Doug Collins eh)

Good read I agreed w/ everything except:

downplaying Magic (Kareem didn't win a title w/ the lakers til' Magic arrived)

author wrote: "Or that the Cavs are the only team left standing that doesn't have at least two legitimate stars."
Who are the magics two legitimate stars? I'd put Mo Will and Z (even though I think he's soft) in the same tier as Rashad and Hedo

Originally Posted by SWOLEMEAT

great article, great read, but still, can you even compare Lebron when dude plays an entirely diff posistion???

still...

kobe>mj>lebron
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great article posting OP

MJ is MJ, please kill the comparisons. First there was Harold Miner, then Stackhouse, then Carter...let the guys play and define themselves.

Mike is a tough act to follow, folks should just enjoy the show. No matter how many great commercials LBJ and Kobemake, they will never be Mike. Let it die forgoodness sake.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Ok look at it this way. Jordan play in an era dominated only by big men. Jordan did not have to play or guard against many athletic shooting guards/ point guard/ or even athletic big men . Kobe on the other hand, are playing in an era of faster, stronger, quicker basketball and full of athletic beasts and guards that could jump out of the gym . I dont think MJ can be as good as Kobe if hes playing in today game (and im a Jordan fan as a kid)

I think the game in Jordan's era is a bit tougher and more physical, or at least they are allowed more physical plays.
Flagrant fouls weren't even in effect until the 90's.
The touch fouls of today are horrible and I could imagine MJ going to the line 20 times a game today.
With all that said, we really can't say how MJ would adapt though and how well he would be in this generations stars.
I mean we could also say Kobe wouldn't last too long with the Piston's physical plays the way MJ did.
Kobe complains for every strip on the ball and flails around like he got kicked in the knee cap.

Originally Posted by BC2310

author wrote: "Or that the Cavs are the only team left standing that doesn't have at least two legitimate stars."
Who are the magics two legitimate stars? I'd put Mo Will and Z (even though I think he's soft) in the same tier as Rashad and Hedo
you're the only person who would do so...

not to mention the magic are playing without Jameer Nelson...

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Nobody argues Duncan b/c I think it is consensus that he is the BEST ever at his position, which is already incredible to say.

Great read though
pimp.gif
That's because he's humble, and people rarely talk about him. But he gets the job done.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

You think that Rah and Hedo are "legitimate star" I know Rah got paid but I wouldn't say he is that much better than Mo

Ok look at it this way. Jordan play in an era dominated only by big men. Jordan did not have to play or guard against many athletic shooting guards/ point guard/ or even athletic big men . Kobe on the other hand, are playing in an era of faster, stronger, quicker basketball and full of athletic beasts and guards that could jump out of the gym . I dont think MJ can be as good as Kobe if hes playing in today game (and im a Jordan fan as a kid)

I disagree, Jordan era was way more physical which made scoring harder than in todays game. You see how much Bron & Kobe complains on these ticky tackfouls imagine them playing in the Jordan era. I understand athletes are way more better physically but that doesn't really matter if you can't playdefense or score. I can only name a few players that beats this argument, Bron, Dwight & ? I can tell that you didn't watch the NBA in the mid 80sthrough the 90s

Originally Posted by ericberry14

You think that Rah and Hedo are "legitimate star" I know Rah got paid but I wouldn't say he is that much better than Mo
they may not be legitimate stars... but Rashard Lewis & Turkoglu are a notch above Mo IMO

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If NikeTalk was around in the late 80s/early 90s, before Mike won a title, the hate on His Airness wouldhave been crazy. What people are saying about LeBron/Kobe now...they were most likely saying about Mike back then.

^if Lebron averaged 37ppg in his 3rd season & dropped 63 on the Celtics in Boston Garden in the playoffs, i wouldn't say %%*#.
if he averaged 33-8-8 & 3 steals (on .538 shooting), i wouldn't say %%*#.

but he didn't. Lebron is obviously an all-time great player, but he is not MJ-status. and i wish people would stop trying to elevate him to MJ status. thesame goes for Kobe (although it's clear which of the two is being slurped to epic proportions right now).

let people create their own legacies.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I disagree, Jordan era was way more physical which made scoring harder than in todays game. You see how much Bron & Kobe complains on these ticky tack fouls imagine them playing in the Jordan era. I understand athletes are way more better physically but that doesn't really matter if you can't play defense or score. I can only name a few players that beats this argument, Bron, Dwight & ? I can tell that you didn't watch the NBA in the mid 80s through the 90s
Nah , everyone know how good MJ is at shooting free throws. Even if he get fouls hard he could just go to the line for two easy free throw or and1on the way to the basket. Get foul is not an excuse for not scoring. You can go to the line if you get foul but at the end of the day my point is It's much harder to play against someone who's quicker than you , stronger than you and bigger than you.

I can tell that you didn't watch the NBA in the mid 80s through the 90s
My uncle who is a hardcore Lakers Showtime 80s fan back in the 80s still got a closet full of 80s games on tapes and i've watched all of them.Most of the offensive play are focus on the big mens and power forwards

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Read it. Good stuff. I like MJ. I like Bron. I like KB too. And i believe it is wrong to use MJ as a measuring stick for the King's and Mamba's greatness.
--NO ONE EVER PUT THAT PRESSURE ON MJ
lies.

did u not read the article? we always compare current greats to past greats... MJ had to be Bird and Magic

thats how it is, was and always will be
Yup, that's what I remember anyway. Jordan and the Bulls were underdogs plenty of times against Magic and Larry. I vaguely remember whent hebull knocked the Celtics out of the playoffs. Larry thought he had it won cause he had his big men down there bangin the whole game. Jordan went in
pimp.gif

It's like when u compared dunkers to Dr J, it was unfair cause of his wingspan and what not, Jordan had to redefied gravity. He proved himself w/ 6 rings

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by SWOLEMEAT

great article, great read, but still, can you even compare Lebron when dude plays an entirely diff posistion???

still...

kobe>mj>lebron
cc736c802c69562679e7082beb17f4d8227f91aa.gif
310267f26f5697b6048ee6f9df55ee9d1080b5e4.gif

It was a good read. But seriously log off.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jordan did not have to play or guard against many athletic shooting guards/ point guard/ or even athletic big men .

AAaaaaaaaand

You officially won "I'm The ******ed One" award!

GREAT SUCCESS!

I need someone to explain this to me

When you say Jordan you see his "patented";

- cut to the top of the paint jumpshot
- perfect fadeaway
- cradle dunk
- tongue out
- fanatic defense
- great low post play

What the hell is a signature play of James?

Lowering his shoulder, charging into the lane and getting automatically 2 free throws? Or - dribbling in place, not being able to beat the defender from thestandstill, and then pulling up for a shot?

Seriously - what's the "LeBron" move, move that his fan could do at the basketball park after watching the game?

Originally Posted by tomislav

- perfect fadeaway
- cradle dunk
- tongue out
- fanatic defense
- great low post play

Lowering his shoulder, charging into the lane and getting automatically 2 free throws? Or - dribbling in place, not being able to beat the defender from the standstill, and then pulling up for a shot?

Seriously - what's the "LeBron" move, move that his fan could do at the basketball park after watching the game?

Jordan created good defense? Jordan created good low post play? Sticking his tongue has nothing to do with anything. And what does "patent"-ingsomething have anything to do how good you are? Does Iverson's cross make him the best player of all time? Does Dwight Howards two handed slam make him aHOFer?

Originally Posted by tomislav

- perfect fadeaway
- cradle dunk
- tongue out
- fanatic defense
- great low post play

Lowering his shoulder, charging into the lane and getting automatically 2 free throws? Or - dribbling in place, not being able to beat the defender from the standstill, and then pulling up for a shot?

well then i guess you should be in the NBA then if you COULD do all his moves easy like you said. Most idiotic statement i've ever heard. Ibet you're one of those flashy kid who wear Jordan gear from head to toe but play like !#@#@% in the real game.

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Jordan created good defense? Jordan created good low post play? Sticking his tongue has nothing to do with anything. And what does "patent"-ing something have anything to do how good you are? Does Iverson's cross make him the best player of all time? Does Dwight Howards two handed slam make him a HOFer?

Umm, yeah, Jordan played (I don't know who said "created") great, not good defense.

In fact, he's easily one of the top 3 defensive guards ever to play.

And since you totally missed my point, because you're probably slow, let me slow it down for you.

After.........6.........years.......in........the.....league.........what.........is.........Lebrons.............signature.........move.

Just asking.

Why? Because he doesn't have any. He plays bland basketball, feeding off his steroid infested 280 pound body that he uses to bulldoze in the lane, and withrefs always giving him the benefit of the doubt. And acting blind on crab dribbles.

That's why.

Back
Top Bottom