Kobe & LeBron: "We'd beat Magic and Bird two on two"

they aren't better passers?
they aren't smarter ball players?
they can't see the floor as effectively?
they can't move without the ball better?
Better passers, toss up.....
Smarter ball players? I'd say that's a toss up.
How do you see the floor more effectively than anyone else when you are playing two-on two? Remember Lebron can play 4 spots on the floor. Point included.
Move without the ball? Once again it's two on two. you don't have to run around multiple screens.
Kobe and Bron are better athletes.
Magic and Bird were liabilities defensively.
And as far as the guy who said he could stop Lebron form Dunking at 6'2" 190, what was he smoking?
He's losing 7 inches, not to mention Lebron's arm length... I f bron doesn't just flat out jump over him he would just back him down and bash onhim.

Smarter ball players? I'd say that's a toss up.
whatever man
laugh.gif

I honestly don't see how it's a toss up..... but it's your opinion

Better passers, toss up.....

I can see that with LeBron, but both Bird & Magic were excellent passers... Kobe is nowhere near as good a passer, especially out of the post, as Bird orMagic were....

Do you watch Laker games?
How would you even measure who the better passer is? Is it the amount of passes that are turned into assists?
Or is it the way he delivers the ball? Or maybe it's the amount of times you see a particular player on Sportscenter passing the ball?
Just because Kobe shoots the ball a lot doesn't mean he can't pass.
A two on two game doesn't require exceptional passing, a bounce pass here, a lob there, all of the NBA players can pass into the post and from the post.That imaginary line you see between Magic and Larry's passing and Kobe and Bron's passing will be negated by Kobe and Brons defensive quickness. Inever said it would be a blow out. i'm thinking 15-13 Kobe and Bron. it would be easier for Bron and Kobe to figure out Larry and Magic's strategy,then it would be for the legends to figure out how to stop #24, and #23
This discussion between the two of us can go on forever and we can dissect each players weaknesses and strengths all day long.
In a two on two game speed and strength paly a huge part in positioning and how easy you get to the basket. Magic and Larry were much quicker than they looked,but I believe Bron and Kobe are faster and stronger.

man I never said KB can't pass.... he just hasn't shown me that he is as good a passer as Bird/Magic were.... and I judge passing skills mainly basedon ability and effectiveness... not so much how "fancy" the pass may be....

but ya I agree with you though... like I've said throughout this post the game could go either way and IMO it would somewhat depend on whether it waswinners out or losers out after each basket...

I watch Laker games. That's my dang team, and has been my team my whole life, and I'm 30.
laugh.gif

Kobe is not as good of a passer as either Bird or Magic.

Honestly, reading through the replies of people that think Magic/Bird would get blown out, I'm sensing a theme: Bird is the one being seriously underratedof the 4. Y'all have seriously got it in your heads (it seems like) that Bird was just some tall shooter, like Dirk.

So, sooooo false.
laugh.gif

Bird is the one being seriously underrated of the 4. Y'all have seriously got it in your heads (it seems like) that Bird was just some tall shooter, like Dirk.

So, sooooo false.
laugh.gif

that's what I'm saying
laugh.gif

like I said earlier Bird was much more of a complete player than just a spot up 3pt shooter.....

I remember when Mark Jackson had the audacity to say Nowitzki was as good as Bird
sick.gif
alien.gif
smh.gif

This post reminds me of this game back in the day.. Which one of you old school cats remember this on the genesis?
6936828fd7a07407cd342110.L.jpg

I don't remember that game on Genesis But I had it on Nintendo.
The dunk contest was
pimp.gif
It broke Jordan's dunks down frame by frame...
Good replies by all in this thread, I had fun.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

buggz05:
laugh.gif
Ska why you switchin defenders so much on a 2on2? You suppose to man up... not zone out
laugh.gif
I mean, I agree, but every time I've played 2-2, it always ends up where there are switches pretty much every possession. When the screen comes, you either have to go through or switch, and everywhere I've played, people always want to switch.

I don't really care either way, 'cause my defense is going to be the same no matter what.
devil.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

I can't guard a rock.
smh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
Screens are weak though on 2vs2. With only 4 people on the court,and 2 of them against you, theres more than enough room to get open. Next time somebody runs a screen on you, just start talking mad ssshhhhh and
roll.gif
cuz they need a screen to get open on such an open court. Either/or use a"swim move" on a screen, like Defensive linemen do.

Kobe and Bron got this. Kobe is way too fast for Larry Bird, and no Larry Bird will not pick KB24. LeBron will body his way in against Magic there's noway Magic can stop every attempt Bron has at the rim. Larry Bird has to help Magic on Lebron when he goes to the rim. A wide open Kobe is what you'll seeeverytime, automatic 3. Kobe Bryant is a premier defender(headlining All-Defensive Team, and Lebron has the speed to stay with Magic. Stop hyping up LarryBird. It's crazy

So the thread was worth bringing back up to show Kobe with a 'clear path dunk' because everyone had stopped due to the referees whistle, as if that issomehow supposed to provide more evidence that him and LeBron are better than Bird and Magic?

WILLINC:
We need to start banning they guys that are grave digging

smh.gif

Technically, it's trolling.

And if it begins to be more of a problem, we'll definitely start cracking down on it.

Well it's on two on two, and you have two of the more athletic and good players of the NBA today. Yeah, I definitely think LBJ and KB24 can beat magic andbird on a two and two setting. I hope they are not implying they are better players than them though, because that would be stupid. Then they areunderestimating Magic Bird, they do have 8 championships in between them while there's only 3 in between of LBJ and KB24

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

What about Mike and Scottie?
grin.gif

How about we just leave Mike and Scottie out of this, because every time Mike gets mentioned someone is going to mention Kobe, and once again, for Godknows how many times, we're going to get the same argument about how Kobe isn't MJ, blah blah blah.

I really don't like how threads don't die in NT, at the least, they should be automatically locked after a month on inactivity.

Back
Top Bottom