Kobe & LeBron: "We'd beat Magic and Bird two on two"

That would be an all time match up but a 2 on 2 match up is different then 5 on 5 so I think I would have to go with Kobe and Lebron because they are morephysically gifted but damn it would be great to watch...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

What about Mike and Scottie?
grin.gif

grin.gif
pimp.gif

^
laugh.gif

Yeah, seriously.
Originally Posted by Kiss My Airs 33

laugh.gif
@ anybody thinking Kobe and Bron would have a shot.

Bron is not sticking Magic and Kobe is not sticking Bird.

Forget about defense because that wouldn't even be a factor. Bird will hit almost every shot and the ones he miss will be rebounded by Magic. Who's gonna stop the put back by Magic?

laugh.gif
@ you youngins.

Ya'll dudes actin' like all Bird has to do is take 2 steps and fade.

Think of it like this... Ya'll really think in a 1 - 1 game that Bird could beat Lebron?? Or that Magic could beat Dirty Snake?? Yeah ok.

Put LBJ on Bird and Hiss on Magic.

Bron would ram the rock down Bird's throat all. game. long.

And defensively, I don't care how much you guys try to amp Bird up as some "better than you think" type defender... He just wouldn't be ableto hold Lebron.

Even if you switch the matchups, Magic wouldn't be able to back down Bron in the post. And 24 would blow by Legend all day.

And defensively, I don't care how much you guys try to amp Bird up as some "better than you think" type defender... He just wouldn't be able to hold Lebron.

Even if you switch the matchups, Magic wouldn't be able to back down Bron in the post. And 24 would blow by Legend all day

it works both ways though... you think make it sound like Kobe and LBJ would lock down Magic & Bird
laugh.gif

like I said before, Bird was MUCH more of a complete player than just a spot up 3 pt shooter like some of you guys think of him to be...... not to mentionBird could move well without the ball and Magic could find him cutting to the hoop.... I'm just saying it works both ways...

Since this argument is just going back and forth, I'd just say that I like the Pippen/Jordan vs Kobe/Lebron matchup better. As much as I love Kobe, I'dgo with Jordan with this one.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rhugghed114

Since this argument is just going back and forth, I'd just say that I like the Pippen/Jordan vs Kobe/Lebron matchup better. As much as I love Kobe, I'd go with Jordan with this one.
pimp.gif

man I'd take Pip/MJ on that one.... especially since both MJ and Pip were better defensive players than Kobe & James and both of them could shootfrom the outside... not sure about LeBron's shooting yet...

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

And defensively, I don't care how much you guys try to amp Bird up as some "better than you think" type defender... He just wouldn't be able to hold Lebron.

Even if you switch the matchups, Magic wouldn't be able to back down Bron in the post. And 24 would blow by Legend all day

it works both ways though... you think make it sound like Kobe and LBJ would lock down Magic & Bird
laugh.gif

like I said before, Bird was MUCH more of a complete player than just a spot up 3 pt shooter like some of you guys think of him to be...... not to mention Bird could move well without the ball and Magic could find him cutting to the hoop.... I'm just saying it works both ways...

Oh nah... Definitely not saying 23/24 would lock down 32/33. No way.

But as slightly overrated a defender (before this year) as I thought Snake was, he IS good enough to contain Bird.

And Bron is basically Magic on steroids. No contest (in this scenario).

Originally Posted by rhugghed114

Since this argument is just going back and forth, I'd just say that I like the Pippen/Jordan vs Kobe/Lebron matchup better. As much as I love Kobe, I'd go with Jordan with this one.
pimp.gif

man I'd take Pip/MJ on that one.... especially since both MJ and Pip were better defensive players than Kobe & James and both of them could shoot from the outside... not sure about LeBron's shooting yet...

So true. Lebron's only advantage is his freak of nature athleticism. Pip/MJ combo will eat them up. And this is coming from a Kobe fan.

LOL. Lebron and Kobe would destroy them. Magic in a 2v2 game? That wouldn't work. Lebron or Kobe would blow by them for a dunkeverytime.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

But as slightly overrated a defender (before this year) as I thought Snake was, he IS good enough to contain Bird.

ya Kobe is physically good enough to contain Bird, but is he smart enough? Bird was one of the smartest players to ever play and could get off a qualityshot when he needed to...

as for LeBron, he is not the player EJ was....... don't get me wrong he's a great player, but to call him basically Magic on steroids and say thereis no contest is laughable
laugh.gif

ya Kobe is physically good enough to contain Bird, but is he smart enough? Bird was one of the smartest players to ever play and could get off a quality shot when he needed to...

as for LeBron, he is not the player EJ was....... don't get me wrong he's a great player, but to call him basically Magic on steroids and say there is no contest is laughable
laugh.gif
24 is at his absolute peak right now. To say he's not one of the smartest players in the game today is crazy. This is not the same Hiss who wasgiddy when he stepped on the court against MJ and got schooled at the ASG. I just can't see him getting schooled by Bird as easily as you suggest.

Me saying Bron is Magic on steroids just means that LBJ is unlike anything we've ever seen in the L. A combo of size, speed, and power. He can pass likeMagic (not as pretty but he can still drop some beautiful dimes). He can rebound like Magic. He can dribble like Magic. His shot is not as good as Magic's.But people for some reason always think of Magic as some long range bomber when in fact he wasn't. Magic was more of a post/baby hook guy than a perimeterplayer. Bron is faster than Magic. And he finishes/is more explosive than Magic.

Again, not saying he's better than Magic. But the sky is the limit for Lebron.

I'm bored:

Obviously, in 2-2, the game isn't going to be '_____ guarding ______' for the whole game. Things will switch, A LOT. At least, that's howit's always been in all of the 2 on 2 games I've played, which is probably somewhere around a billion.
laugh.gif

When it's Legend's ball, Kobe guarding Bird, Bron guarding Magic:
- Magic can (and will) drive on LeBron... often. He's always been crafty in the paint, so if Kobe stays home on Bird, Magic all by himself can get a bucketon LeBron. I DID NOT SAY HE COULD EASILY GET A BUCKET, and the reason is because nothing in this game will be easy. I will not be using the word easy anymore.

- If Kobe helps LeBron out on Magic's drive... all it would take would be that split second of leaving... if Magic sees it and hit's Bird, that's a3 ball; book it.

- If Magic drives early and LeBron makes adjustments, obviously LeBron's better at an above the rim game, so he can start learning when to jump, and startswatting the CRAP out of Magic's layup attempts.

- Kobe can learn to cheat as the game goes on; I don't mean 'cheat' as in 'do illegal stuff'. I mean 'cheat' as in... fake going into help LeBron, then go back out and steal Magic's pass attempt to Bird. Or fake staying home on Bird at the perimeter, then go to the rim and block theCRAP out of Magic's attempt.

When it's Legend's ball, Kobe guarding Magic, Bron guarding Bird:
Now Magic has a much harder time driving, and his passes to Bird will be much less effective with LeBron playing the passing lanes as well as we've seenhim do.

- Magic and Bird will HAVE to play a motion game, constantly picking each other, using ball fakes, fades, flares, picking-and-rolling LeBron + Kobe to death;keep them active, and use your basketball knowledge.

- Bird won't be able to hang out in the perimeter; in this matchup, his best decision is to force LeBron into mistakes by staying active, going underscreens when he should have gone over, staying with Bird when Kobe thought they would switch, going in and getting a rebound when LeBron thought that he wasstaying open to receive Magic's pass.

- LeBron and Kobe would need to play perfect, active defense to get the ball back or force a turnover.

When it's Newbie's ball, Bird guarding Kobe, Magic guarding LeBron:
- Kobe and LeBron are going to try and exploit the Bird/Kobe matchup. Kobe is much, MUCH more athletic, but Bird knows basketball... VERY well. Kobe's moreathletic, but the game is still dribbling a ball up and down, passing a ball to a teammate, and shooting a ball out of your hands and into a rim 10 feet high.Kobe can get to the rim practically anytime he wants here, but (again) it won't be easy. ANd shooting over Bird won't be TOO difficult, but itwon't be easy to just create the shot, rise, and shoot.

- LeBron would back Magic down, then wait to see what happens with Kobe/Bird, and either go into the rim himself (where there's almost no way Magic blocksit; he has a chance to strip it, but a meeting at the rim would be... ugly
laugh.gif
), or pass it out to Kobe.

- Kobe can get hot, but he CAN be forced into a bad shot, and a fadeaway turnaround off the off-foot is still a bad shot. Sure, Kobe has more of a chance tomake it than anyone else, but it's still a bad shot, and Bird can smother him into taking it.

When it's Newbie's ball, Bird guarding LeBron, Magic guarding Kobe:
- Again, Bird is on someone more athletic, but he's guarded some athletic monsters in his day (Wilkins?). With LeBron, you stay back and make him shootoutside. Don't let him drive. If he gets that first step on Bird, that's an easy basket. I know I said I wouldn't be using 'easy' anymoreafter the second paragraph, but if LeBron gets that first step on Bird, that's an easy 2.

- Now, IF Magic comes in to help Bird out and he defends a slashing LeBron, then it's the same thing as when Magic was driving on LeBron; pass out to yourshooter. And Kobe is one HECK of a shooter to leave open (and since Magic came in to defend the slashing LeBron, then Kobe's wide open).

- But see, Bird and Magic are smart enough to make the adjustment, and if LeBron got the first step on Bird, Bird is smart enough to know 'The pass isgoing to Kobe', and he would go stop that pass from making it.

- Just as Kobe can be forced into ill-advised shots, LeBron can be forced into turning the ball over.

And I think that would be the story of the game.

- Kobe and Bird are PHENOMENAL shooters, but it's going to be easier to force Kobe into taking ill-advised shots than it is going to be to force Bird intotaking ill-advised shots. Bird will just not shoot instead of settling for a low-percentage shot.

- LeBron and Magic are TERRIFIC all-around players, but it's going to be easier to get a turnover out of LeBron than it is Magic. Magic would justpatiently wait for the right decision instead of forcing the wrong one to work.

2 on 2 kb and king are just too dominant physically to lose

5 on 5 though, probably not the same outcome

24 is at his absolute peak right now. To say he's not one of the smartest players in the game today is crazy. This is not the same Hiss who was giddy when he stepped on the court against MJ and got schooled at the ASG. I just can't see him getting schooled by Bird as easily as you suggest.

Me saying Bron is Magic on steroids just means that LBJ is unlike anything we've ever seen in the L. A combo of size, speed, and power. He can pass like Magic (not as pretty but he can still drop some beautiful dimes). He can rebound like Magic. He can dribble like Magic. His shot is not as good as Magic's. But people for some reason always think of Magic as some long range bomber when in fact he wasn't. Magic was more of a post/baby hook guy than a perimeter player. Bron is faster than Magic. And he finishes/is more explosive than Magic.

Again, not saying he's better than Magic. But the sky is the limit for Lebron.
I never said Kobe isn't one of the smartest... he's just not smarter than Bird was... and his shot selection still is somewhat questionable attimes, even though he's really improved on that.... and I never said Bird would easily school him either....

ya on LeBron I agree he is the best combination of size, speed, & power... but he is not as good a passer out of the post as Magic was..... IMO, the gamewould depend a lot on whether the game was winners out or losers out....

but who knows... it's all just speculation...

MJ and Pip would absolutely eat up sg24 and sf23 pause

and to say bron and kobe would dominate earvin and legend is blasphemy... it would be close

this matchup is favored towards bron and kobe also because both earvin and legend are finesse players... i think a earvin/shawn kemp or larry/michael matchupwould be more interesting (EJ no look oops to rainman
sick.gif
or mj and legendwettin from the driveway across the street
sick.gif
disgusting...)

no way bird/magic even have a chance. up to 15, the score would be somewhere around 15-3 at most

Back
Top Bottom