Kobe Trade Thread (vol. Save the Kittens and Puppies)

MY BOY KEEPS TELLIN ME THAT KOBE SHOULD JUST BUY OUT HIS CONTRACT AT A REAL LOW PRICE AND JUST GO AND SIGN WITH THE BULLS LOL

Seriously, why would the Lakers trade him now?

I don't care if they got the entire Chicago roster, in LA you need that marquee name to sell tickets.

No one out here (besides real fans) are gonna go to see Deng, Nocioni, etc.....

It will be just like the Terry Teagle/Cedric Ceballos years....they might even win a few games but I promise you ticket sales will see a dramatic decrease...
DETROIT BASKETBALL​
..:Roscoe # 36:..​

I like the zbo for kobe trade. Lakers can have crawford and qrich/jeffries
Quote:
If cats was really fly like they believe themselves to be, They wouldn't be so dependent on "exclusives"...

^

Can you blame us? We're 0-2

:\
ohwell.gif
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

kobe has said that he will not go to the bulls if deng is gone....
TEAMKEVINGARNETT
LEVELL72@YAHOO.COM
FOR SALE: BRAND NEW AIR JORDAN LASER RETRO IV HAT ONLY. SIZE: S/M

Ducktales, they said last night LA wanted Billups and Maxiel and Amir in the deal for it to work.

DO NOT GIVE HIM TO THE BULLS
WE DON'T WANT HIM

think about it bulls fans
we got a GREAT nucleus
what we need is a BIG MAN
not a ball hog
did anybody watch the game tonight?
all those fast breaks were he coulda dished it away, but decided to drive, draw a fould, and miss free throws.
WE NEED A BIG MAN...NOT KOBE!
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
> SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998 <​

I don't even want to deal w/Chicago unless it's for the 4 players that have been being mentioned. I hope we just end talks with them. they are over valuing Deng at the moment so let's just leave them be.

hopefully they get back on the phone w/Dallas or start talks with Washington for Arenas.

but ultimately, I'd like to keep Kobe AND Lamar while trading for JO. we gotta give up Bynum to do that but you have to give some to get some. but we have idiots in management.

I don't mind paying $30 a piece in the 300's, as long as I have the Center Court view.
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Suns with or w/o Kobe aren't going anywhere. That team is curse regardless 4 life :lol:
laugh.gif
Team Dodgers 4 Life
RAIDER NATION

Daily trade rumors

Quote:
Ric Bucher: So the way things are going, I'd be surprised if Kobe's not somewhere else by Thanksgiving. Again, I was the guy that said he would never wear a Lakers' uniform again because it was obvious where this was heading. I thought calmer heads would prevail and they'd never let it get to this. I thought they'd make the deal way before this, so it's difficult for me to put a timeline on it. They've already gone way further down this road than I ever would have been willing to go. Michigan Live

Here's what one general manager had to say yesterday, when I asked him about Luol Deng and the Bulls' rumored refusal to include him in a potential deal with the Lakers for Kobe Bryant: "If I had Deng, I would not trade him, either." Even for Kobe? "Even for Kobe." Yeesh. How's that for pressure? SportingNews

You could go back and drudge up trade rumors past, too. The Bulls didn't want to include Deng in a trade last winter for Pau Gasol. Or Kevin Garnett. Gasol, Garnett, Bryant -- that's 20 All-Star games. Again, it's not fair to heap all that on Deng, but it'll be hard for fans to watch Deng and not think about other players, the trades not made. SportingNews

John Paxson decided enough was enough. The Bulls' general manager announced Thursday that a Kobe Bryant trade is not going to happen and was never close to happening. The Bulls will compete with their current roster until further notice. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

"The reality is, everybody knows we were having talks with the Lakers," Paxson said at the Berto Center. "In this case, if you've got to give up so much to get one player, that's something I'm not going to do. "I want to focus on trying to get our guys back on track and end all the rumors swirling around. Because there's not a deal that ever was on the verge of being done, was ever close to being done or is going to be done right now. So that's that." Arlington Heights Daily Herald

One rumored trade that "fell through" had the Lakers ending up with Ben Wallace and Sacramento's Ron Artest, the two primary combatants in the infamous "Malice at the Palace" brawl. Did anyone really believe the Lakers would consider taking a 33-year-old center and one of the most heavily punished players in league history? Arlington Heights Daily Herald

Paxson shot down recent talk that the sticking point was the Bulls' refusal to include Luol Deng in any deal. "I've never thought we were at a point where you say anybody's off limits," he said. "A lot of things that were mentioned were not based on any fact whatsoever. That's the unfortunate thing." Arlington Heights Daily Herald

There is no guarantee that Bryant won't be return to the Bulls' sights before the February trade deadline. For that to happen, though, the Lakers' price would have to drop and the Bulls probably would need to be playing poorly. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

Bryant has a no-trade clause in his contract he didn't want to drop. Any team that acquired him would ask him to drop it and give them flexibility so they're not in the position the Lakers are now in with Bryant able to dictate a deal. He also has an opt-out after next season he doesn't want to drop. So you could trade for him and then he could still could leave as a free agent after next season. He wants an extension averaging about $27 million a year, which would make him the second highest paid player in NBA history behind only Michael Jordan. Chicago Tribune

And he doesn't want to drop the 15 percent trade kicker that any acquiring team would also have to pay beyond his current contract, which averages $22.1 million All this before he would have played a game for his new team. Chicago Tribune

Yes, the Lakers are frustrated and angry with Bryant, which is an issue that hangs over other teams. After all, if the Lakers could trade Shaquille O'Neal to accommodate Bryant and give him the best contract in the league only to have him do this to them, what could he do to us if he gets upset? Chicago Tribune

Bryant sent in demands regarding whom he'd play with or not. The Lakers and his representatives tossed around possibilities. Sometimes the Bulls would call the Lakers and ask if it were true. The Lakers would laugh at the suggestions. Chicago Tribune

My guess is Bryant will still be there next summer when Paxson truly knows if this team is good enough. If it's not, and with Bryant then just one year from an opt-out, it might be more possible to make a deal near the February trade deadline. "Who knows?" he said. "The reality is that, right now, it's done." Yahoo

Back at the Lakers' training facility, General Manager Mitch Kupchak concurred, in not so many words. "Well said, John," Kupchak said after hearing Paxson's remarks. Kupchak declined further comment. Bryant had been connected to Chicago in numerous Internet and TV reports suggesting the Lakers and Bulls were imminent trade partners. Paxson's comments left the Lakers . . . where, exactly? LA Times

Phil Jackson: "The idea obviously still stands -- as Dr. [Jerry] Buss reiterated many, many times, we do not want to trade Kobe Bryant, but we will listen to any comments that come our way that give us equal parity for him," Jackson said. "I say a window's closing on those things, and so now it's the business of basketball. Now we have to go about playing the game the right way." LA Times

Bryant had been eyeing the watered-down Eastern Conference, and the ever-improving Bulls, since demanding to be traded in May, but a few things would have stood in his way, namely his contract ($88.6 million over the next four seasons), the trade kicker in it ($9.6 million to be paid over the next two seasons by a team that acquires him) or the fact Bryant could terminate the contract in two years. LA Times

For those keeping score, there are now public shoot-downs from two potential trading partners -- Paxson and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban -- as well as an unlikely trading partner, Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld, who felt it important to debunk a light-hearted newspaper item that proposed a Bryant-for-Gilbert Arenas trade. LA Times

According to someone with a need to know such privileged information, there was a grain of truth" regarding the attempted roundup of a third team in order to satisfy the Lakers' demand to fill the giant cavity Bryant's exodus would create. But the report of the Kings joining the equation was a nonsensical notion proposed by Bryant and agent Rob Pelinka; Phil Jackson never would agree to coach Artest unless Bryant remained
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002
This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

Kobe might as well start wearing a Chicago or Bust sign on the back of his jersey, he has his mind set on it. He gonna keep vetoing like a halo CTF match.

Rick Bucher just came on ESPN 1000 over here and said that Kirk Hinrich would not be part of any deal

Players and teams are changing every hour.
"And Still..CHI-TOWN'S FINEST, where you at, the whole CITY behind us"
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Quote:
am I the only Laker fan still hoping that we go on a little win streak and get LO back and just play out the season? forget about all the drama?
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002
This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

Kobe is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.
In the sense that, if he gets traded he is gonna goto a crappy team( cause all the talent is gone), and if he stays he is gonna have a crappy team.

BUT! a Detroit team with, Billups, Kobe, and Sheed is pretty solid.

Without Dallas or Chi involved I don't see a deal out there that's reasonable for LA.

Should be interesting to see how the year plays out w/ Kobe in LA.

Or -- maybe he backs off his No Deng inclusion stance and a trade for Deng/Thomas/picks is made.
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK​
The B.O.P.​

Kobe doesn't want to play in any city. It's obvious. Chicago or stay with the Lakers.

Edit: Also, on RealGM, as far as I have read, they do not just make up the stuff they put on their wires. They are quoting local radio outlets, newspapers,sports columnists, and the occasional transaction wire.

I would hate to see Kobe In Detroit... but I would love to see him DOMINATE the EAST

Back
Top Bottom