Kobe Trade Thread (vol. Save the Kittens and Puppies)

Quote:
Good, so seats will probably go for cheaper for us real Laker fans that will go to the games and still support the purple and gold.
:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

You really think a guy with an ego like Gil wouldn't be drawn to the spotlight of the Lakers over the Wizards. I mean with Gil the Lakers could be a decent team: Fish/Gil/Luke/Odom/B. Wallace assuming Artest is let go.
TEAM FLORIDA GATORS​
Team Xbox 360
Gamertag: Gator Boy 24​

i hope paxson is serious about silencin the trade rumors

the MJ comparisons will never quit if kobe ends up in chicago :smh:
smh.gif
THE WORLD IS YOURS​

^^^
Why would they trade for a cancer, an PF who's athletic but with a relatively low-ceiling, and the 2011 #1 overall pick?
laugh.gif

Seriously, the Detroit and Chicago situations are way better for him. Not even close.

So in the three team deal is #24 going to PHX or CHI?
There's nobody on the Bulls other than Ben that we would want.
As for the Fakers... :rofl:
roll.gif
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

well, I suppose I am.

I do not believe they are better then the Spurs, Suns, Mavericks, Jazz, and Rockets.

not hating on the Nuggets at all. they aren't trash or anything. just saying they are not championship contenders.
TEAM DUNDER MIFFLIN: Scranton Branch
I'm always thinking one step ahead. Like a carpenter...who makes stairs.

Quote:
Bryant to New York for Jamal Crawford, David Lee, Malik Rose and Eddy Curry

:rofl:
roll.gif
:x
sick.gif
TEAM LAKERS
1949-1950-1952-1953-1954-1972-1980-1982-1985-1987-1988-2000-2001-2002
KOBE BRYANT<>24-7<>LAMAR ODOM
...Pursuing M y Happyness​

Quote:
Bulls general manager John Paxson had plenty of work to do at home, including trade negotiations with the Los Angeles Lakers for Kobe Bryant. But those talks seemed to have lost some momentum. Lakers vice president Magic Johnson said the deal isn't going to happen. ''A deal can't get done because they won't include [Luol] Deng,'' Johnson said Tuesday on TNT. ''And without Deng, a deal can't get done.''
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002
This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

^ A yawn now?

Yes.

But we both know that all it takes is one stupid comment from Kobe, Buss, some other GM, some insider (who's really on the outside), or some dudes in a parking lot that just ran into Kobe, and this thread would be all about it again.
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

I wonder how many more deals we will hear about between now and the trade dead line? Right now I am at the point where this is just super old! Everything related to basketball on espn is about kobe.
Team Lakers1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002...

This season will shape the future of this franchise..​

^ Are you saying Denver's not a contender?
4L8O15S16T23!42
My 5 teams: 1. ANGELS, 2. LAKERS (I grew up on Angels/Lakers games), 3. UK WILDCATS (my wife is from Kentucky), 4. TN TITANS (we married and started our lives together in Tennessee), 5. L.A. SPARKS (WNBA/Sparks fan since Day One). When my teams aren't playing, I'll always show love for these SoCal teams: L.A. CLIPPERS, S.D. PADRES, Anaheim DUCKS, USC TROJANS, S.D. CHARGERS, L.A. AVENGERS, L.A. DODGERS, U.C.L.A. BRUINS, L.A. KINGS, L.A. GALAXY. "This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's gettin hard, and the Jello's jigglin!" -Chick Hearn (R.I.P.)​

Kobe seems destined to become a Chicago Bull. He was close to signing after 03-04 and now the trade was apparently ready to go but he just vetoed it. I think he'll end up here eventually.

Hopefully something happens today because almost the whole league had an off-day.
TEAM BEN GORDON
"...he got changed over his change a block off Ashland

Quote:
The inability for the Lakers front office to make a blockbuster trade to bring in an all star in the past 3 years should be an indication that this franchise currently has problems with upper management. I don't understand why Kobe is the one that needs to be traded when he is the player you want to build around

Before, I believe Kobe did not want another superstar to overshadow Kobe, b/c he himself said he was out to prove that he could do it without Shaq. That's his quote. So does some of the blame fall on him for not getting that complementary player... Yes.. But it also falls on Mitch Kupchak as well.. I don't know what they were looking at when they traded Caron Butler.. But, at first Kobe didn't have such a huge problem when Shaq was dealt and it's because he wanted to fulfill his selfish priorities instead of putting the Lakers first.. Now, hes come to reality and notices that he can't do it alone... Anyhoo about the Lakers supporting cast..

The Lakers supporting cast is not that bad as a lot of people make it seem.. How are they supposed to get into any rhythm at all when one of them make one mistake and they get thrown under the bus.. Some people give that cast a small crevice of room to perform at a high standard, and when your priority on that team is to run around, pass and NOT score..And you even said once Kobe came out the team was not performing...So they had about 5-6 minutes to prove themselves.. I honestly believe you can't gain any confidence in your game.. And that game last night, I know Kobe made a lot of clutch plays.. But, Bynum played good defense and was good under the glass.. Luke Walton played good defense on Tmac better than what Kobe was doing.. and Turiaf was playing good basketball.. Just got into early foul trouble.. Ofcourse Fisher was Fisher... All that and they are missing their playmaker in Lamar Odom.. I'm telling you.. That team is not no slouch... Just individualism does not fly in the NBA... And rightfully so, it hinders your growth as a young player....

But, get Maurice Evans off the team along with Kwame.. Mihm>Kwame.. And Sasha jackavic..

ben gordon and pj brown? wow...

thats as bad as what jon barry was complaining about during the cavs/mavs game - ridiculous fan proposals - boobie and Varejao for Kobe...
www.dyyhardsvault.com Authentic Shoes/Caps/Jerseys/Shirts here.
USE FREESHIPPING OPTION in Google Checkout til 10/31 & PUMPKIN15 for 15% off your entire order (valid 10/24-10/31)

Blog for new items/personal blog.

I would like to see us keep Luol, Kirk and Fro and still acquire Bean. (would keep tyrus too but thats a fools dream) :lol:
laugh.gif
This Is The Part...
When People Start Screamin!

I'm hearing a new one, where Tyrus and Duhon go to the Kings. SMH if the Kings only get Thomas and a draft pick. Waste of an Artest. Also, Hinrich would definitely not be coming to the Kings. I think Petrie should work his magic and get a contract dump out of this. Maybe throw in some Reef or a Thomas....

Edit: Nice try with the Miller dump, but why would the Kings want another 33+ y/o big man. Also, the Lakers get robbed in that deal.
"shegotgame - People want Vince to leave so he can join their team. Vince will stay put. Sig that."

"DontStepOnMyShoes - itll be a sad day in history if AI gets sent to the Kings nobody will ever win in sacramento"

I don't think they trade him.

I think they make a move for Jermaine, bite the bullet and just give up Bynum.

HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

Thanks Chelu, some actual thinking for once in this thread.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

I don't understand how people can take Bucher seriously, I don't see what the Kings would of gained from that, other than being stacked with Bibby-KMart-Gordon with the aging Brown on the side.

Anyways I'm just hoping for a definitive end to this soon, I'd prefer not to hear nonstop Kobe rumors on ESPN, seeing them online, or hearing commentators' repetitive discussions during future games.
...Ima enjoy life from birth, to the nail in the coffin
Cus I'm only human i fear bein pale, stiff, and rottin...

Back
Top Bottom