Kobe VI - HELPPP

Sup NT,
I recently got a pair of kobe V and VI for my upcoming tournament. I have been walking around the house with both pairs on. However, I'm experiencing some lockdown problem with the kobe VI. I thought it was my socks at first but they felt perfect when I put on the V. With the kobe VI, I kept experiencing heel slippage, not that much but significant enough. I have tried lacing it tightly, double sock, etc but no difference is made. Both pairs are the same size. Any suggestions? Is it because they are brand new???

Thanks in advance.

Sup NT,
I recently got a pair of kobe V and VI for my upcoming tournament. I have been walking around the house with both pairs on. However, I'm experiencing some lockdown problem with the kobe VI. I thought it was my socks at first but they felt perfect when I put on the V. With the kobe VI, I kept experiencing heel slippage, not that much but significant enough. I have tried lacing it tightly, double sock, etc but no difference is made. Both pairs are the same size. Any suggestions? Is it because they are brand new???

Thanks in advance.

Are you lacing all the way to the top on the VIs?  On the Vs, I find that I dont have to lace all the way to the top.  On the VIs, I HAVE to in order to have it more secure.  

Are you lacing all the way to the top on the VIs?  On the Vs, I find that I dont have to lace all the way to the top.  On the VIs, I HAVE to in order to have it more secure.  

yup i noticed this with my grinches too even if its tied up all the way to the last hole, thanks fc for the lacing link i'll give it a try

yup i noticed this with my grinches too even if its tied up all the way to the last hole, thanks fc for the lacing link i'll give it a try

yeah i have the kobe VI and they have a bit of heal slippage, but i tie them tight around the top lace hole and it helps alot, but there's still a LITTLE bit of heal slippage..

i went a size down, and the heal slippage went away, but the shoe overall was too small for me feet..

update: after trying the Runner's loop that "fc1114" suggested, the shoe feels WAYY WAYY morm comfortable and almost no heel slippage.. ive actually did this to all my lowtop shoes, and they feel much much better..

THANKS fc1114 for the suggestion

yeah i have the kobe VI and they have a bit of heal slippage, but i tie them tight around the top lace hole and it helps alot, but there's still a LITTLE bit of heal slippage..

i went a size down, and the heal slippage went away, but the shoe overall was too small for me feet..

update: after trying the Runner's loop that "fc1114" suggested, the shoe feels WAYY WAYY morm comfortable and almost no heel slippage.. ive actually did this to all my lowtop shoes, and they feel much much better..

THANKS fc1114 for the suggestion

before you buy a pair of vi you have to make sure that it's snug fit or else you will get the heal slippage. the common mistakes when we try on shoes is when we just place our feet into the shoes and think if they are comfortable or not. you have to place your feet correctly into the shoes to know if that shoe size is the right shoe size for you. don't go by the measuring tools at the stores, because they are wrong. when i measure my feet at footlocker, it recommended me size 10. from experiences size 10 was too big for me. i'm a size 8-8.5. there is a major difference in a shoe that is size 8-8.5 to a size 10. when you try the shoes on, place the back of your foot/ankles to the back of the shoes, then tie the shoe laces. place your fingers or thumb to see how much space you have in the toe box. if you have a thumb size or more of space, more likely you will get the heel slippage. the less space, the better. i wasted over $200 on my first pair of grinches, and no way i'm i going to wear them if my heels are going to have heel slippage on them.

before you buy a pair of vi you have to make sure that it's snug fit or else you will get the heal slippage. the common mistakes when we try on shoes is when we just place our feet into the shoes and think if they are comfortable or not. you have to place your feet correctly into the shoes to know if that shoe size is the right shoe size for you. don't go by the measuring tools at the stores, because they are wrong. when i measure my feet at footlocker, it recommended me size 10. from experiences size 10 was too big for me. i'm a size 8-8.5. there is a major difference in a shoe that is size 8-8.5 to a size 10. when you try the shoes on, place the back of your foot/ankles to the back of the shoes, then tie the shoe laces. place your fingers or thumb to see how much space you have in the toe box. if you have a thumb size or more of space, more likely you will get the heel slippage. the less space, the better. i wasted over $200 on my first pair of grinches, and no way i'm i going to wear them if my heels are going to have heel slippage on them.

Heel slippage in new shoes usually occurs because the midsole is still stiff and not yet broken in yet.  

Heel slippage in new shoes usually occurs because the midsole is still stiff and not yet broken in yet.  

Thanks for the inputs guys!
The link definitely helped. Double socking + the runner loop was tremendous but it didn't last long so I went with Kobe V for the tournament which was phenominal. I hope it's because the of the stiff sole since I can't exchange my pair
frown.gif
Fingers crossed 
frown.gif
 I think going half a size down would have been too snug anyways. Now I need to start breaking the Kobe VI in
smile.gif

Thanks for the inputs guys!
The link definitely helped. Double socking + the runner loop was tremendous but it didn't last long so I went with Kobe V for the tournament which was phenominal. I hope it's because the of the stiff sole since I can't exchange my pair
frown.gif
Fingers crossed 
frown.gif
 I think going half a size down would have been too snug anyways. Now I need to start breaking the Kobe VI in
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i have no heel slippage at all. weird how people do... these shoes fit perfectly

everyone is different. 
i remember having very little heal slippage in my most recent V's... but i don't have it anymore. i think, just like someone else mentioned, the shoes need to be broken in.

but i just got my VI's in, and i felt some slippage as well. 

i put on nike socks and it was still there. 

i tied it up tight and it was still there.

i tried something else.. i started bending the shoes for a few minutes and it helped a lot. so i'm gonna keep doing that. 

EDIT:

just played in mine. after a few runs, i re-laced them and the heal slippage went away. the traction isn't any better than the ZK5, but isn't worse IMO. gonna wait a few days of ball to do a full review

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i have no heel slippage at all. weird how people do... these shoes fit perfectly

everyone is different. 
i remember having very little heal slippage in my most recent V's... but i don't have it anymore. i think, just like someone else mentioned, the shoes need to be broken in.

but i just got my VI's in, and i felt some slippage as well. 

i put on nike socks and it was still there. 

i tied it up tight and it was still there.

i tried something else.. i started bending the shoes for a few minutes and it helped a lot. so i'm gonna keep doing that. 

EDIT:

just played in mine. after a few runs, i re-laced them and the heal slippage went away. the traction isn't any better than the ZK5, but isn't worse IMO. gonna wait a few days of ball to do a full review

^ i believe the traction is slightly better than the 5's. in the end, i prefer the V's overall. The only advantages the VI has is breathability, cushioning is felt a lot more in the heel/forefoot, lighter, and heel to toe transition. FIT and lockdown is the most important for me, which the 5's excel in. 

For those who ball in these or want to ball in these, i'm sure you all know the heel lockdown issue for the Kobe VI. Try using the runners loop technique to secure your ankle preventing heel slippage in the footbed like this: 

Tie them up real tight just enough to feel the upper hug the top of your foot. Also break them in properly (especially the insole) and you'll mold your heels around the collar. I hated the VI's straight out the box feel, but once you wear them down good, they perform really well. But I still prefer the 5's. 

Kicksology thread here for discussions.

^ i believe the traction is slightly better than the 5's. in the end, i prefer the V's overall. The only advantages the VI has is breathability, cushioning is felt a lot more in the heel/forefoot, lighter, and heel to toe transition. FIT and lockdown is the most important for me, which the 5's excel in. 

For those who ball in these or want to ball in these, i'm sure you all know the heel lockdown issue for the Kobe VI. Try using the runners loop technique to secure your ankle preventing heel slippage in the footbed like this: 

Tie them up real tight just enough to feel the upper hug the top of your foot. Also break them in properly (especially the insole) and you'll mold your heels around the collar. I hated the VI's straight out the box feel, but once you wear them down good, they perform really well. But I still prefer the 5's. 

Kicksology thread here for discussions.

I went in House of Hoops for the Westbrook Hyperfuses, but walked out with the Kobe VI. Got home...put them on and experienced crazy heel slippage...I'm still not comfortable with this low top deal...so I think I will take these back.

Back
Top Bottom