Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

^ yeah i find it so funny how people trash old models once a new model comes out yet when the new model is out is always seems to be "decent" .

The kobe shoe tends to be one of the worst for that, I hear it a lot guys saying the latest shoe is decent when it first drops and yet they slate the kobe 7 or 6 for example but when the kobe 7 or 6 first dropped the same guys were sayin they were decent.

The only shoe that seems to get an "honest" review out the gate is the lebron shoe and that shoe hasnt been decent in a while.

Be interested to see how the next Jordan shoe is reviewed as so many guys were beastin over the XX9s performance.

I think it has to do with the drastic changes that happen model to model when it comes to the Lebron Line. Kobe's don't really change as much year to year. They mostly build off of the last model performance-wise.

Last edited:
^ yeah i find it so funny how people trash old models once a new model comes out yet when the new model is out is always seems to be "decent" .

The kobe shoe tends to be one of the worst for that, I hear it a lot guys saying the latest shoe is decent when it first drops and yet they slate the kobe 7 or 6 for example but when the kobe 7 or 6 first dropped the same guys were sayin they were decent.

The only shoe that seems to get an "honest" review out the gate is the lebron shoe and that shoe hasnt been decent in a while.

Be interested to see how the next Jordan shoe is reviewed as so many guys were beastin over the XX9s performance.

Not trashing just stating my opinion don't see what's really funny.... Xs have been a very lackluster model and alot of people feel that way.

Royal/Soar/Silver Kobe 10s coming out in September (not Elite). Not quite "Sprite". Royal upper, silver swoosh, soar (like an electric green) midsole.

Finally got my Curials :D

Not trashing just stating my opinion don't see what's really funny.... Xs have been a very lackluster model and alot of people feel that way.
they're very underwhelming imo as well. The tooling and the original model's upper, just a complete downgrade from last year's and it costs the same. All my opinion but yeah.

people dont seem too interested in the Teals...wonder if they'll be able to be had on discount
smokin.gif
Major Payne cw now? LOLZ  Come on.

I think people are disinterested because people can't connect with the shoe.  Simply slapping on a story out of the magic hat won't work.  It seems like with each CW, Nike and hype tries to brainwash people.  At the end of the day, they are expensive shoes, and people will pick and choose.  No one's going to drop $400 on Cheetos and teals if they can spend $400 elsewhere, or other CWs.

people dont seem too interested in the Teals...wonder if they'll be able to be had on discount :smokin

Yeah Teals doesnt POP like the Rivary cw~~~ As the Steep price tag in the elite lows, I rather get 1 min of one pair. I m still struggling whether or not to get the Elite Highs purple or rose gold.:rolleyes The EMs I had already 3 colorways: 5am, Silk Road China, and the black outs~

Last edited:
Yeah Teals doesnt POP like the Rivary cw~~~ As the Steep price tag in the elite lows, I rather get 1 min of one pair. I m still struggling whether or not to get the Elite Highs purple or rose gold.
eyes.gif
The EMs I had already 3 colorways: 5am, Silk Road China, and the black outs~
I have the Purples and Rose Golds. The RG's are better, but the purples are pretty cool.

I'm grabbing the Teals first thing. 

Colorway is fly than a mofo.
I have picked up the RG's, Team (below retail) and Rivalries (below retail). I would like to grab both the Mambacurials and Teals below retail as well. I really like the FK version of the 10 so I may pull the trigger on these on RD and then return if they don't sell out so I can buy on disco.

Not trashing just stating my opinion don't see what's really funny.... Xs have been a very lackluster model and a lot of people feel that way.

I wasnt calling you out for disliking X, I was agreeing with you the X is a disappointment especially compared to the 9, but when it first dropped people were saying it was a solid performance shoe and i would bet these same people call it trash when the kobe 11 is out just cus its easy to trash older models, for me this was the opposite the 9 was a much better shoe than the X and a very different shoe in terms of tooling, ascetically they may look similar have a hi and a low model / Elite series etc but the court feel/traction/comfort etc was far better on the kobe 9.

I wasnt calling you out for disliking X, I was agreeing with you the X is a disappointment especially compared to the 9, but when it first dropped people were saying it was a solid performance shoe and i would bet these same people call it trash when the kobe 11 is out just cus its easy to trash older models, for me this was the opposite the 9 was a much better shoe than the X and a very different shoe in terms of tooling, ascetically they may look similar have a hi and a low model / Elite series etc but the court feel/traction/comfort etc was far better on the kobe 9.
I've seen mixed reviews about the X, but I have to agree about the 9's. If you're talking about the EM, those were great and had the best traction in a while. It's just that the colorways could've been better.

wasn't a fan of the non-elite upper but hoping to pick up the drill sergeants under retail seeing as rivalry did.

All my years in retail the Xs have been performing badly honestly every single colorway we end up RTVing (Returning To vendor) I really think The CWs are to blame. Nike needs to tone things down a bit with much more simplified CWs...Till this day I feel The 4s and 5s had the BEST assortment of CWs in Kobe line.

All my years in retail the Xs have been performing badly honestly every single colorway we end up RTVing (Returning To vendor) I really think The CWs are to blame. Nike needs to tone things down a bit with much more simplified CWs...Till this day I feel The 4s and 5s had the BEST assortment of CWs in Kobe line.

I think it's a number of factors. Colorways are definitely pretty bad, but there have been some nice, simple ones that really pop:

5am, Blackouts, Vino, and Fundamentals(white pair) are the correct way to showcase the shoe. But the silhouette is so generic, with materials that are generally viewed as a step back from the previous two entires in the Kobe line, and just odd details. The carbon fibre thing near the front lateral side looks brutal, and performance wise, hurts more than it helps.

Then factor in that Kobe has barely played and the Lakers spent the past two seasons being wholly irrelevant(and unlikable). It just all adds up.

For the most part, the colorways have been absolutely brutal, but there have been some nice ones, as mentioned earlier. It's just a tough sell at such an unthinkable price for something that looks as generic as a referee's shoe.

If there's one thing I can say, it's that it's been a pretty rough year for Nike's signature basketball sneakers in general. I'm up in Canada, and despite retail being upwards of 30% higher, nearly all Kobe/KD/Lebron release would sell out in a matter of months. Things rarely sat, and markdowns would be few and far between.

This year, the Lebron 12s and KD 7s were hitting 40% discounts(previously unheard of for in-season sneakers here) just a few months after release. Kobe's haven't taken quite that much of a hit, but every colorway beyond the Fundamentals and Rose Gold are absolutely sitting in a FSR at many retailers. Kyrie's have been selling like crazy though, even the unpopular colorways. Price really impacts it. KD/Kobe/Lebron are all $230+ here now.

Last edited:
I think its a good thing that most ppl aren't copping Xs,  if they make another wacky model for XIs,  and no one cops,  maybe they will lower the price?  (one can dream)

Back
Top Bottom