Kool G Rap is better than Drake and Lil Wayne....

laugh.gif
how was i supposed to say it?

Dumb comparison man
laugh.gif

Anyways, in his prime, G.Rap is better than most. One of the most under appreciated emcee's ever. Dude's wish they can spit the way he did in '4, 5, 6'.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

This might be the most random comparison I've ever seen on here. 
laugh.gif

Co-signing this...

When the last time the old geezer spit a rhyme?

drake and wayne shoudlnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as g rap. withough kool g rap there would be no big pun.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

but who cares about kool g rap... he may be better at rapping but he definitely isnt better at making music...

lol... this lame NIKETALK rapper just said "who cares about Kool G Rap".... for $+*%'s sake... I have seen it all. If there was no Kool G Rap, you probably wouldn't even be trying your hand at this, kid.
indifferent.gif

Some of these comments are laughable.KTF this post didn't even need to be made man.This SHOULD be common knowledge.

Random.

So even if it's like comparing an Atari 2600 to a PS3....

Can you deny the greatness of the Atari for it's time and it's importance to the future of video gaming as we know it.

I think not.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Random.

So even if it's like comparing an Atari 2600 to a PS3....

Can you deny the greatness of the Atari for it's time and it's importance to the future of video gaming as we know it.

I think not.
I agree with you but its just tough to compare.  G Rap has influenced a lot of today's music.  If you go back and listen to G Rap you are going to be like i have heard this stuff 1000 times over the past decade.  Drake is spitting some what current stuff.

But like every music thread its subjective.  I would rather listen to ANY G Rap cd then anything by Drake or lil wayne for that matter.

Originally Posted by Damu

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

G Rap is better than a lot of rappers, so I don't know why you chose to name those 2 scrubs.

This right here....
but what I don't get is why even try and make this assessment, 99% of the people are gonna think Drake & Wayne are reincarnated Jesus of the rap world.

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

but who cares about kool g rap... he may be better at rapping but he definitely isnt better at making music...

lol... this lame NIKETALK rapper just said "who cares about Kool G Rap".... for $+*%'s sake... I have seen it all. If there was no Kool G Rap, you probably wouldn't even be trying your hand at this, kid.
indifferent.gif
i mean today in 2010 genius...

im not knockin dude... but nobody gives a #@%% about him now...

u prolly copped that latest rakim album huh?
laugh.gif

get off my @%%# lame

Originally Posted by IamMD

i don't think anybody can write better songs than drake...the hooks, melodies, bars are piffy.

I don't think I can take anything you post seriously anymore and you're only 7 posts deep.
Agreed 

what the hell kinda comparison is this?

"rocket launchers are better than rocks and knives."

lil wayne and drake have played their part in destroying this thing called rap i used to like but i guess as long as their making their money everyone thinks that its fine and dandy.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

lil wayne and drake have played their part in destroying this thing called rap i used to like but i guess as long as their making their money everyone thinks that its fine and dandy.

how are they destroying it?

i hate yall lames man i swear...

Originally Posted by daddywarbukks

The hate for weezy (& drake to a somewhat lesser extent) is STRONG here.

It's not hate, they just aren't as good as most people think they are.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

drake and wayne shoudlnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as g rap. withough kool g rap there would be no big pun.

without rakim and g.rap there wouldn't be 2/3 of emcees.  but big pun seems to the most influenced by g.rap which is a great thing.

comparing wayne/drake to kool g. rap is like making a choice where you wanna eat, some fast food joint or a sit-down gourmet-type restaurant.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

how are they destroying it?

i hate yall lames man i swear...

its watered down crappy music that talks about nothing.   times change but it seems like this era is more tolerant to halfassed music.

seriously though, why would anyone wanna buy a young money cd?

Originally Posted by STR1NGER

indifferent.gif
i mean today in 2010 genius...

im not knockin dude... but nobody gives a #@%% about him now...

u prolly copped that latest rakim album huh?
laugh.gif

get off my @%%# lame

Exactly! (Bolded text).

&

#ShotsFired on the Rakim comment...

It's so odd though! After Tha Carter III you would think NT would be full of Weezy groupies but instead, The hate for Wayne went WAY UP! :
laugh.gif
smh.gif

It's not hate, they just aren't as good as most people think they are.

This right here, is the most reasonable comment I have ever seen on NT.

I respect your opinion bruh...

Back
Top Bottom