Kool G Rap is better than Drake and Lil Wayne....

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

Yall say he's out dated but he dropped an album like 3 years ago

and he's supposedly gonna drop one with raekwon... regardless his music is timeless, based on his lyrical prowess alone.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

lil wayne and drake have played their part in destroying this thing called rap i used to like but i guess as long as their making their money everyone thinks that its fine and dandy.

how are they destroying it?

i hate yall lames man i swear...

its watered down crappy music that talks about nothing.   times change but it seems like this era is more tolerant to halfassed music.

seriously though, why would anyone wanna buy a young money cd?

because their opinion is different than yours...I would gladly purchase the next wayne or drake CD...

10 bucks is nothing to help out someone who pretty much gives away hundreds of songs for free every year...

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by IamMD

i don't think anybody can write better songs than drake...the hooks, melodies, bars are piffy.

I don't think I can take anything you post seriously anymore and you're only 7 posts deep.
laugh.gif
 says the guy with 300 something posts. 
ohyeah i forgot though, you probably got banned or something right?

and to the topic at hand... eh... he was cool back in the day, but he isnt very relevant anymore. just let drake and weezy live. 

Yo this thread is %$! like really who makes a dumb %$! comparison like this? But regardless of that I can't believe what I'm hearing dudes literally saying %*#% G rap cause he wouldn't sell records right now? I swear some of you dudes is ridiculous. Sad to see that this is all music has come down to, and that this is the mindset of not only fans but also some musicians "everybody sound the same, commercialize the game, reminiscing when it wasn't all business" Just replayed through my mind over and over while reading through this thread.

Originally Posted by VINTAGE SOLE 737

and he's supposedly gonna drop one with raekwon... regardless his music is timeless, based on his lyrical prowess alone.
what does that matter? his style is outdated... he could drop tomorrow... his sound is 1990

what does that matter? his style is outdated... he could drop tomorrow... his sound is 1990
1990 sound >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2010 sound.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

never...

wack @!$ beats... all them +**%$ sounded the same
laugh.gif

never...

laugh.gif

N.W.A.StraightOuttaComptonalbumcover.jpg

It Takes Two
  • Released: 1988
  • Chart Positions: #31 US, #4 Top R&B/Hip-Hop
  • Last RIAA certification: 7x Platinum
  • Singles: "It Takes Two", "Get on the Dance Floor", "Joy and Pain", "Crush"

once again time prove how little he knows about music
grin.gif

most of da garbage u idolize gets all they inspiration from da superior 80's-90's decades anyways.

what does influence matter... pun was one of my faves... influenced by kool g rap who i cannot tolerate... ive never been an nwa fan either... i dont like the sound of old school rap... how hard is that to understand?

what does influence matter... pun was one of my faves... influenced by kool g rap who i cannot tolerate... ive never been an nwa fan either... i dont like the sound of old school rap... how hard is that to understand?
just cuz YOU don't like it doesn't mean its any less influential then da garbage that gets spewed out in 2010.

would you say michael jackson's thriller album is outdated?  or any beatles album?  new generations are always discovering new music.. i see it on youtube comments all the time, for example: "i am only 14, #%@% drake, wu tang is the $++@"  g. rap paved the way for many to follow... it's not hard to understand, it's all about respecting those who came before you.  

i downloaded your mixtape and you got flow and sick beats... who are your musical influences?

for me personally, I dislike the comments that claim "without .....there would be no ....."
where do you draw the line?....
There is always someone behind the greatness of someone else....we get that....
It doesnt seem like anyone is denying the validity of influence from older artists on newer artists...

music is subjective.....you like what you like, you don't what you don't...why's it have to be so "personal" (PI)....

Drake yes...

Lil wayne ...NO....

Im not even a huge Wayne fan huge dudes stay underatin him.

Exactly what did Kool g rap do better than wayne specifically???

never...

laugh.gif
Ironically enough you just described this generation and why it's music sucks.

lil wayne and drake have played their part in destroying this thing called rap i used to like but i guess as long as their making their money everyone thinks that its fine and dandy.

how are they destroying it?

i hate yall lames man i swear...

its watered down crappy music that talks about nothing.   times change but it seems like this era is more tolerant to halfassed music.

seriously though, why would anyone wanna buy a young money cd?

I honestly don't understand this "watered down" talk.

You act like Kool G Rap rapped about anything of substance most of the time anyway. If you're talking about "conscience rappers" then I could see your point, but you're talking about Kool G. Rap.

It just seems that most of ya'll are mad that Drake, Wayne and others make music more accessible to the general public. Like ya'll in some secret treehouse club where it ain't cool anymore if everybody joins.

"NOOOO! He's a rapper and girls listen to his music! Such watered down crap!"

And then there's the people who feign nostalgia as another way to hate. "It's not like how it was in the 90's!". Son, shut the hell up. Don't no one care bout what you think about rap 20 years ago
smh.gif

I don't understand how its only rap fans who think like this. Fans of other genres embrace at least some acts of the new generation. But it's always rap fans who are willing to put a decade after which they refuse to listen to anything beyond that point. I don't think you realize how lame that is.

+@!% is disgusting, b.
smh.gif

what does influence matter...
if this is how up and coming artists in hip hop like yourself feel, the future looks even worse than it does right now

^^"It's only Rap fans that think like this"....................
You're kidding right?

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

what does influence matter...

if this is how up and coming artists in hip hop like yourself feel, the future looks even worse than it does right now

Hes right though, influence only goes so far when talking about who's better.

I'm sure that guys like RAKIM, K.R.S. ONE, and LL COOL J influenced BIG, JAY,NAS, and PAC.

Does that make them better rappers?

Back
Top Bottom