Kool G Rap is better than Drake and Lil Wayne....

word i hear what you're saying. i think i just feel that i'd rather have the older dudes influencing todays young rappers than guys like lil wayne and drake. I think it would help save what is pretty much a dying genre of music

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

lil wayne and drake have played their part in destroying this thing called rap i used to like but i guess as long as their making their money everyone thinks that its fine and dandy.

how are they destroying it?

i hate yall lames man i swear...

its watered down crappy music that talks about nothing.   times change but it seems like this era is more tolerant to halfassed music.

seriously though, why would anyone wanna buy a young money cd?

I honestly don't understand this "watered down" talk.

You act like Kool G Rap rapped about anything of substance most of the time anyway. If you're talking about "conscience rappers" then I could see your point, but you're talking about Kool G. Rap.

It just seems that most of ya'll are mad that Drake, Wayne and others make music more accessible to the general public. Like ya'll in some secret treehouse club where it ain't cool anymore if everybody joins.

"NOOOO! He's a rapper and girls listen to his music! Such watered down crap!"

And then there's the people who feign nostalgia as another way to hate. "It's not like how it was in the 90's!". Son, shut the hell up. Don't no one care bout what you think about rap 20 years ago
smh.gif

I don't understand how its only rap fans who think like this. Fans of other genres embrace at least some acts of the new generation. But it's always rap fans who are willing to put a decade after which they refuse to listen to anything beyond that point. I don't think you realize how lame that is.

+@!% is disgusting, b.
smh.gif
Us fans of old rap embrace new rappers all the time IF THEY HAVE TALENT.  A lot of mainstream fans from the early 90s now just listen to underground rap because the mainstream is watered down for the masses.  I can't hate at the end of the day everyone just wants to make money but don't say we don't embrace new rappers.

Skyzoo
Wale
Kid Cudi (yes i said it)
Torae
B.O.B.
J. Cole
Fashawn

I will buy all of thier new albums and have bought thier old ones and a bunch of mixtapes.  They all have talent.  The problem with wayne and drake is that its mindless rap about nothing.   Every song either says the same thing...or nothing.  "Got off a jet...long neck....keith sweat....pass like brett.....drink from a mug upset.....sudden det (death)"  Um i am now dumber for having researched his lyrics on Roger That.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

lil wayne and drake have played their part in destroying this thing called rap i used to like but i guess as long as their making their money everyone thinks that its fine and dandy.

its watered down crappy music that talks about nothing.   times change but it seems like this era is more tolerant to halfassed music.

You act like Kool G Rap rapped about anything of substance most of the time anyway. If you're talking about "conscience rappers" then I could see your point, but you're talking about Kool G. Rap.

It just seems that most of ya'll are mad that Drake, Wayne and others make music more accessible to the general public. Like ya'll in some secret treehouse club where it ain't cool anymore if everybody joins.

And then there's the people who feign nostalgia as another way to hate. "It's not like how it was in the 90's!". Son, shut the hell up. Don't no one care bout what you think about rap 20 years ago
smh.gif

I don't understand how its only rap fans who think like this. Fans of other genres embrace at least some acts of the new generation. But it's always rap fans who are willing to put a decade after which they refuse to listen to anything beyond that point. I don't think you realize how lame that is.

+@!% is disgusting, b.
smh.gif
Us fans of old rap embrace new rappers all the time IF THEY HAVE TALENT.  A lot of mainstream fans from the early 90s now just listen to underground rap because the mainstream is watered down for the masses.  I can't hate at the end of the day everyone just wants to make money but don't say we don't embrace new rappers.

Skyzoo
Wale
Kid Cudi (yes i said it)
Torae
B.O.B.
J. Cole
Fashawn

I will buy all of thier new albums and have bought thier old ones and a bunch of mixtapes.  They all have talent.  The problem with wayne and drake is that its mindless rap about nothing.   Every song either says the same thing...or nothing.  "Got off a jet...long neck....keith sweat....pass like brett.....drink from a mug upset.....sudden det (death)"  Um i am now dumber for having researched his lyrics on Roger That.
It's obvious that you don't listen to Drake if you seriously would rather listen to Cudi over him. Screw "opinions"; he's just flat out better than Cudi at everything. This is what i'm talking about; how bout you listen to the artist's discography before "hating" just because they're associated with another artist (Wayne in this case) or because their singles do good on the charts.. Drake don't even rap like Wayne so how does that wayne quote have anything to do with him?
smh.gif

Its funny that you talk about "mindless rap" then list those particular artists. Skyzoo is extremely talented, but he posseses different subject matter than 90% of what's out there right now? You serious? Stop naming "unpopular" artists just for the sake of it when you know damn well that for the most part, they're not talking about anything different than the person you're chastising.
laugh.gif

If you said something like "I don't like his rhyme schemes" or "his voice just doesn't do it for me"... you know... something that he posseses that is DIFFERENT than the other artists on the list then i'd understand. But when you don't even listen to what's beyond the radio for a certain artist and make assumptions based on that then you just hate. Cause I damn sure wouldn't put Jay in my top 10 based on Izzo, Girls Girls Girls, and Blue Magic.

smh.gif

+@!% is disgusting, b.
smh.gif

Skyzoo
Wale
Kid Cudi (yes i said it)
Torae
B.O.B.
J. Cole
Fashawn

It's obvious that you don't listen to Drake if you seriously would rather listen to Cudi over him. Screw "opinions"; he's just flat out better than Cudi at everything. This is what i'm talking about; how bout you listen to the artist's discography before "hating" just because they're associated with another artist (Wayne in this case) or because their singles do good on the charts.. Drake don't even rap like Wayne so how does that wayne quote have anything to do with him?
smh.gif

Its funny that you talk about "mindless rap" then list those particular artists. Skyzoo is extremely talented, but he posseses different subject matter than 90% of what's out there right now? You serious? Stop naming "unpopular" artists just for the sake of it when you know damn well that for the most part, they're not talking about anything different than the person you're chastising.
laugh.gif

If you said something like "I don't like his rhyme schemes" or "his voice just doesn't do it for me"... you know... something that he posseses that is DIFFERENT than the other artists on the list then i'd understand. But when you don't even listen to what's beyond the radio for a certain artist and make assumptions based on that then you just hate. Cause I damn sure wouldn't put Jay in my top 10 based on Izzo, Girls Girls Girls, and Blue Magic.

smh.gif

+@!% is disgusting, b.
smh.gif

Skyzoo
Wale
Kid Cudi (yes i said it)
Torae
B.O.B.
J. Cole
Fashawn

smh.gif

laugh.gif

First off i hate jay-z thing he is the most over-rated rapper ever.

Now every single drake song can be rapped up into about 3 sentences.  He is now rich and gets tons of woman and alcohol.  He doesn't know how to deal with success because he was never this popular.  He doesn't care about haters because he is just going to "do me".  Drake is the definition of fake.  He grew up a famous child actor in canada.  He doesn't know what "the struggle" is but yet he references it.  Your mother cried to you in the drive way....why because they decided to put you in a wheel chair in Degrassi?  Oh sorry buddy.  He makes music for women plain and simple.  Its mindless music that people just listen to the beats and sing the chorus.  Every thing else is a dumb metaphor or simile that has no relevance to anything. 

The artist i listed are probably the most main stream artist i listen too.  The last albums i bought recently were Brotha Lynch Hung, B. Dolan, Army of the Pharoahs, and Dessa.  So if you have ever heard any of them then you can understand the type of music i actually like. 

I'm not trying to be offensive just trying to point out why people out there have no respect for drake and why there is so much hate for him.  But like they always say to each his own

smh.gif

+@!% is disgusting, b.
smh.gif

Skyzoo
Wale
Kid Cudi (yes i said it)
Torae
B.O.B.
J. Cole
Fashawn

smh.gif

laugh.gif

Now every single drake song can be rapped up into about 3 sentences.  He is now rich and gets tons of woman and alcohol.  He doesn't know how to deal with success because he was never this popular.  He doesn't care about haters because he is just going to "do me".  Drake is the definition of fake.  He grew up a famous child actor in canada.  He doesn't know what "the struggle" is but yet he references it.  Your mother cried to you in the drive way....why because they decided to put you in a wheel chair in Degrassi?  Oh sorry buddy.  He makes music for women plain and simple.  Its mindless music that people just listen to the beats and sing the chorus.  Every thing else is a dumb metaphor or simile that has no relevance to anything. 

The artist i listed are probably the most main stream artist i listen too.  The last albums i bought recently were Brotha Lynch Hung, B. Dolan, Army of the Pharoahs, and Dessa.  So if you have ever heard any of them then you can understand the type of music i actually like. 

I'm not trying to be offensive just trying to point out why people out there have no respect for drake and why there is so much hate for him.  But like they always say to each his own

smh.gif

+@!% is disgusting, b.
smh.gif

Skyzoo
Wale
Kid Cudi (yes i said it)
Torae
B.O.B.
J. Cole
Fashawn

smh.gif

laugh.gif

I don't really want to go back and forth because i'd look like a groupie, but you're misinformed.

The "struggle" he talks about is the struggle that all artists go through when they're trying to get on. Duke blew pretty much most of his Degrassi money trying to get signed.

Duke was half-black going to an all-white school, you do the math.

Just because poverty wasn't "one of his struggles" doesn't mean its not worth rapping about.

You of all people criticizing introspective raps when that's all underground artists do (besides whine) is funny to me.

this is a random comparison
laugh.gif
like comparig apples to cheese nips

I don't get how you can dislike Drake but list Kid Cudi and B.O.B. as acts you like. Drake is pretty much better at all aspects of rap and music in general than either.

I also don't get how people pigeonhole certain artists strictly off their radio cuts. To say he talks about the same things can only be due to lack of exposure to his other music. As not fond as I am of Drake's current direction, he is still one of the most versatile acts out now.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

laugh.gif

I don't get how you can dislike Drake but list Kid Cudi and B.O.B. as acts you like. Drake is pretty much better at all aspects of rap and music in general than either.

I also don't get how people pigeonhole certain artists strictly off their radio cuts. To say he talks about the same things can only be due to lack of exposure to his other music. As not fond as I am of Drake's current direction, he is still one of the most versatile acts out now.
Thread/.

I dont have a single Lil Wayne song on my ipod and i will never because his music doesnt appeal to me. That being said i dont knock him for doing well or Drake for doing well. Actually i like some of drakes songs. But we dont need to keep saying _______ is better than them because it doesnt need to be said. If their music doesnt appeal to you just move on.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I dont have a single Lil Wayne song on my ipod and i will never because his music doesnt appeal to me. That being said i dont knock him for doing well or Drake for doing well. Actually i like some of drakes songs. But we dont need to keep saying _______ is better than them because it doesnt need to be said. If their music doesnt appeal to you just move on.
this!!

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

laugh.gif

Thread/.
Its all personal preference.  Drake life's and his subject matter (or lack there of) is boring to me.  B.O.B. is very versatile and his world play and rhyme schemes are way more complex then drakes.  B.O.B. also produces a lot of his own tacks (see May 25th mixtape).  He plays the guitar and piano on a lot of his own tracks as well.  Needless to point out the obvious that he has way more musical talent then Jimmy.  Kid Cudi is way more creative then drake.  Cudi actually makes music with a purpose and i can relate to him more then i can drake. 

I refuse to research and try and listen to drake songs because of the 10 or so tracks i have heard him on i dislike.  Why would i want to listen to more of it.  I guess if one day i need to listen to sub par introspection mixed with elementary single syllable metaphors i will pop in So Far Gone   

Back
Top Bottom