Koreans are wannabe Japanese people?!

damn, it's like that 
laugh.gif

every culture is affected by those around it.

and for those not in the know in my opinion the reason
koreans have that view in korea is they want to get rid
of the effects of japanese occupation,

when the japanese occupied korea, they killed their native horangi (tiger) to extinction
to rid korea of their national animal.

taught only japanese language and japanese history to korean kids.
it was illegal to speak korean at that time.
and the japanese soldiers used korean women as prostitutes
and raped hundreds of korean women against their will.
there are many other atrocities that i cant think of off the top of my head.

many of the women who were raped are still alive to today seeking reparations for japans actions
but many japanese actual denied that it happened.
many schools in japan have a very interesting view of their history compared
to the worlds opinion on what happened.

people who experienced this occupation are still alive today (my grand parents uncluded)

my grandmother told me she didnt know how to speak korean until later in her life and her and my grand father
speak fluent japanese because of their upbringing during that time.

and to this day some koreans from the last generation wont buy japanese cars or some japanese products.

their are many other disputes that the video did not cover.

edit: on a side note, if you told a korean they are wannabe japanese, it is a GREAT insult. OP your incredibly
culturally insensitive for titling the thread as such.....

hmmm...that video is interesting.

something more interesting would be seeing/hearing more stories from the korean side.

granted most of the video was stating that koreans were copying japanese people, mainly for the purpose that the koreans didn't acknowledge that the japanese introduced them to several things.

i want to know about koreans and their culture to support the fact that they originally came up with those various sports/other cultural interests. ex. karate vs. taekwondo - did the koreans create taekwondo before japanese create karate? (yeah timelines are that important, but it could show that even though japan had karate first, koreans created taekwondo independently) are the two sports exactly similar?

obviously i could look for hours and hours of video, read several hundreds of books, but those are just my thoughts initially.

and if someone could explain that'd be awesome!

Japan did love to OD on Korea back in the day... not surprised to find so many cultural similarities.

and no i didn't watch the video.

Originally Posted by sevit86

every culture is affected by those around it.

and for those not in the know in my opinion the reason
koreans have that view in korea is they want to get rid
of the effects of japanese occupation,

when the japanese occupied korea, they killed their native horangi (tiger) to extinction
to rid korea of their national animal.

taught only japanese language and japanese history to korean kids.
it was illegal to speak korean at that time.
and the japanese soldiers used korean women as prostitutes
and raped hundreds of korean women against their will.
there are many other atrocities that i cant think of off the top of my head.

many of the women who were raped are still alive to today seeking reparations for japans actions
but many japanese actual denied that it happened.
many schools in japan have a very interesting view of their history compared
to the worlds opinion on what happened.

people who experienced this occupation are still alive today (my grand parents uncluded)

my grandmother told me she didnt know how to speak korean until later in her life and her and my grand father
speak fluent japanese because of their upbringing during that time.

and to this day some koreans from the last generation wont buy japanese cars or some japanese products.

their are many other disputes that the video did not cover.

edit: on a side note, if you told a korean they are wannabe japanese, it is a GREAT insult. OP your incredibly
culturally insensitive for titling the thread as such.....

Know where the line is, OP

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

pimp.gif
to OP for not giving a #**$ about the thread title
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
roll.gif
 all the koreans are mad now. Their K-Pride is gonna explode sooner or later

Originally Posted by j4ck

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
roll.gif

now all you have to do is wait another month before you can post in the buying/selling lounge. in the 2 months you have been here, you have racked up 1215 posts 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by go rilla

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
roll.gif

now all you have to do is wait another month before you can post in the buying/selling lounge. in the 2 months you have been here, you have racked up 1215 posts 
grin.gif
you pmed me bout this already.

Originally Posted by go rilla

roll.gif

grin.gif
you pmed me bout this already.
it's called the reverse kicks45. the kicks45 is when you have been here for a while and then start posting a lot to get access to the buying/selling lounge

Every country/culture has to do what it needs to feel empowered/powerful.

If that means willfully overlooking a few facts about where some of their great national treasures came from - so be it.

How would that make the country feel to continually acknowledge it's secondary (although soon to be equal) status with Japan?

What would that do the social psyche of a nation that is obsessed with lifting itself up?

The Japanese have eliminated a lot of the atrocities Imperial Japan committed in WWII in Asia from their history books. I don't agree with that but at the same time, I'm sure the leaders of Japan felt like it would weaken their nation for their kids to be educated on all the horrible things their grandparents did.

Back
Top Bottom