LA Area deputy shoots boy carrying toy handgun

[h1]LA-area deputy shoots boy carrying toy handgun[/h1]
Mon May 11, 2:10 am ET

PALMDALE, Calif. - A boy playing "cops and robbers" with a toy handgun has been shot and wounded by a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy, officials say.

The boy was shot shortly Sunday night in Palmdale. Deputy Jeff Gordon says the boy was hospitalized in stable condition and is expected to survive.

His age and identity were not immediately released.

Gordon says deputies were responding to reports that someone was riding a bicycle and brandishing a handgun. They spotted the rider and ordered him to drop the weapon but instead, Gordon says he pointed it at the deputies.

One deputy fired a shot and hit the boy in the upper body.

Palmdale is about 50 miles north of downtown Los Angeles.

are you serious...
smh.gif

I'll give it to the officer.

We don't know how old this "boy" is but he did point the gun at the police officers after being told to put it down.

Many people are going to complain, and "SMH" at the police officer...But you see and hear all these stories about shootings at schools, or littlekids bringing their daddies guns to school for show and tell...its simply easy for underage kids to get their hands on a gun. Police officer felt that he washarmed in a sense, and shot the victim once in self defense.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

[h1]LA-area deputy shoots boy carrying toy handgun[/h1]
Mon May 11, 2:10 am ET

PALMDALE, Calif. - A boy playing "cops and robbers" with a toy handgun has been shot and wounded by a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy, officials say.

The boy was shot shortly Sunday night in Palmdale. Deputy Jeff Gordon says the boy was hospitalized in stable condition and is expected to survive.

His age and identity were not immediately released.

Gordon says deputies were responding to reports that someone was riding a bicycle and brandishing a handgun. They spotted the rider and ordered him to drop the weapon but instead, Gordon says he pointed it at the deputies.

One deputy fired a shot and hit the boy in the upper body.

Palmdale is about 50 miles north of downtown Los Angeles.

I'll wait until Commissioner Gordon shows a pic of the gun. But if it was really pointed at the PO, can you blame him?

Originally Posted by vdubsta

I'll give it to the officer.

We don't know how old this "boy" is but he did point the gun at the police officers after being told to put it down.

Many people are going to complain, and "SMH" at the police officer...But you see and hear all these stories about shootings at schools, or little kids bringing their daddies guns to school for show and tell...its simply easy for underage kids to get their hands on a gun. Police officer felt that he was harmed in a sense, and shot the victim once in self defense.
Of course he'd say he pointed it at the officers, why would he say anythingdifferent? You've got to be kidding me

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

good ... point something at a cop that resembles a gun and you deserve to get shot
the victim was a child... playing "cops & robbers" on his bike

good ... point something at a cop that resembles a gun and you deserve to get shot

parents fault ... allow your kid to go outside with a handgun or something resembling a handgun and things may happen ...

parents fault ... allow your kid to go outside with a handgun or something resembling a handgun and things may happen ...
so the child still "deserved" to get shot?

IMO the police officer should have been able to assess the situation a bit better, & then maybe he would have realized that it was a child with a toy...

I wouldn't say the child "deserved" to get shot.

I'm no police officer but, if you have a gun raised and pointed at you...your natural reaction would be to shoot in self defense. It only takes ONEincident for a cop to be killed/paralyzed...whatever you want to call it. Police can't take any chances when they are putting THEIR LIFE on the line.

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

roll.gif
^

But
indifferent.gif
at that cop, should have his badge and gun taken away and probably assaulted

9/10 times I side with the civilian but I don't know about this one. When I was a kid we used to play with the toy handguns, they would have the littleorange colored tip but we always used to spray paint that #$%+ black. #$%+ looked like a real gun. I'm inclined to believe the kid probably did point thegun (jokingly at the officer). This isn't a case where the cop let off 13 shots into a kids back like in New Orleans a couple months ago. If the cop wasdeliberately trying to kill he would of let off more than one shot. Terrible scenario but like I said, rarely do I give the cop the benefit of the doubt but Iam this time.

indifferent.gif
You're the biggest idiot on NT. Being a stan is one thing, really not serious by any means but saying a child deserves to get shot is pretty foul. Yougot issues kid.

if the gun looks real , that Officer had every right to shoot him.

what yall expect him to do with someone, anyone, brandishing a weapon that appears real?

yall talkin real crazy....

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
. The cop is a typical moron pig. Just another case of this"shoot first, ask questions" later mentally that a lot of these @+%#%%$ have when it comes to dealing with situations.
The kid was probably too young to know what was going on when the cop arrived. The cop could've also tried talking to the kid before putting a bullet inhim.
I'm just glad the kid is gonna be okay.

I'm no police officer but, if you have a gun raised and pointed at you...your natural reaction would be to shoot in self defense. It only takes ONE incident for a cop to be killed/paralyzed...whatever you want to call it. Police can't take any chances when they are putting THEIR LIFE on the line.
QFT

Yeah jumpshot... Everybody is just a regular Jack Bauer right?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

if the gun looks real , that Officer had every right to shoot him.

what yall expect him to do with someone, anyone, brandishing a weapon that appears real?

yall talkin real crazy....
indeed.

but I'll wait for more details before I make my own opinion

Originally Posted by ToppShotta

I'm no police officer but, if you have a gun raised and pointed at you...your natural reaction would be to shoot in self defense. It only takes ONE incident for a cop to be killed/paralyzed...whatever you want to call it. Police can't take any chances when they are putting THEIR LIFE on the line.
QFT

Yeah jumpshot... Everybody is just a regular Jack Bauer right?
grin.gif
Well, it also takes ONE incident for an innocent kid to be killed/paralyzed. Being that it was a kid, I think the cop could've used more tactin the situation, to try and determine the kid's motives. Simply asking him what was going on would've prevented this whole mess.

Originally Posted by Mamaco

indifferent.gif
You're the biggest idiot on NT. Being a stan is one thing, really not serious by any means but saying a child deserves to get shot is pretty foul. You got issues kid.
laugh.gif
... you gonna cry? im calling it like it is, if you pointa gun or something that resembles a gun at a cop, you deserve to get shot ... i didnt say it was the kids fault, its most likely the parents fault for allowingthe kid to have a toy gun/not teaching him that you cant point a gun at people, but its still what it is ... an unfortunate event wher ethank god the kid didntdie ...

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

indifferent.gif
smh.gif
. The cop is a typical moron pig. Just another case of this "shoot first, ask questions" later mentally that a lot of these @+%#%%$ have when it comes to dealing with situations.
The kid was probably too young to know what was going on when the cop arrived. The cop could've also tried talking to the kid before putting a bullet in him.
I'm just glad the kid is gonna be okay.

The typical Moron here seems to be you .. with a stupid comment like that ..
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mamaco

indifferent.gif
You're the biggest idiot on NT. Being a stan is one thing, really not serious by any means but saying a child deserves to get shot is pretty foul. You got issues kid.
laugh.gif
... you gonna cry? im calling it like it is, if you point a gun or something that resembles a gun at a cop, you deserve to get shot ... i didnt say it was the kids fault, its most likely the parents fault for allowing the kid to have a toy gun/not teaching him that you cant point a gun at people, but its still what it is ... an unfortunate event wher ethank god the kid didnt die ...

laugh.gif
at you wiping your tracks acting like you didn't say "good" the kid got shot. You're sad son, make up your mind, are you happy the kidgot shot or not? It's cool that he got shot but you're glad he didn't die? Which one is it.

Back
Top Bottom