LA folks, can you help me out?

I'll be heading to LA next week for E3, and staying in downtown LA. I was just wondering how much a cab ride costs to go from downtown to somehwere likeMelrose, N. Robertson, or Santa Monica. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

downtownto any of those 3 spots is over 20, with downtown to Santa Monica prolly being close to 40 or more depending on traffic

Thanks, so I should be expecting $20+ for the first two spots...but it shouldn't be reaching into like the $50s right?

I would rent a car if i were you, taxi rides out here are ridiculous because everything is so spread out. seeing as you want to get around while you are outhere that would be your best bet. As far as reaching 50, depending on traffic cab ride from downtown to Santa Monica could possibly get up there.

seriously. rent a car, something cheap and just move around. cabs in la are just not worth it.

I'd rent a car if I were going out every night, but I probably only have free time on 1 or 2 days. I can expense the cab rides, so as long as theyaren't astronomical I should be ok with cabbing.

a grip. $20 is on the conservative end. i rode a taxi once from union station to my downtown apt and it cost me over $10. i cant imagine what it would be liketo go westside.

yea we really are tryin to tell you that a car is your best bet, even if you only have 2 days to drive it you should have no problem grabbing a car for around35-40 a day., thats only the cost of a couple cab rides to hollywood. not to mention you will be able to drive for food and things of that nature. LA is reallya city thats best suited for driving.

Originally Posted by Kicks R Me

I'll be heading to LA next week for E3, and staying in downtown LA. I was just wondering how much a cab ride costs to go from downtown to somehwere like Melrose, N. Robertson, or Santa Monica. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
I'll be @ E3 as well. Where are you traveling from and what do you do?

A cab ride from LAX to Santa Monica is about $42-45 including tip. It could be more or less depending on traffic. The price should be about the same fromdowntown to Santa Monica. Your best bet really is renting a car.

Originally Posted by IHaveMyOwnOpinion

Just take the metro

Yep.

Super fast. Super cheap. There are numerous stations by downtown.

As for renting a car... you have to worry about parking and if you're staying in downtown it can be expensive along with all the parking restrictions.

If its for business, i would just rent a car ...and get reimburse
happy.gif

btw - dont u work for EA

Hey dude can you get me in?

I live like 3 blocks away from the Convention Center.

Take the Metro.... Day pass costs $5 I think. Cab costs way too much and it might be better to rent a car

Back
Top Bottom