**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Today is only a problem if they lose Wednesday.

A 2-game home/road split series is more than ever those games that teams go 1-1

Play a game, win. Team adjusts and lose the next one. Vice versa.

Gotta win Wednesday.

I just hate when we have these games where we get down by so much.

Bulls just couldn't miss.

DLo back on Wed, it's a completely different game.

Hell, AD actually plays with a pulse back in his hometown, it should be a dub too.

Guessing they go back to starting Bron and run with DLo/Reaves/Vando/Bron/AD and meter the minutes between Beasley/Lonnie/Vando depending on who's being the most useful.

Rui's going to be a tough call this summer. Hasn't really cracked the rotation, but you gave up so much and he's only 25. He needs minutes somewhere. Wenyen has been useful considering his contract and his limited minutes, but I'd almost consider trying to get him some minutes at the 5 in short stints just to get him going somehow.

DLo back on Wed, it's a completely different game.

Hell, AD actually plays with a pulse back in his hometown, it should be a dub too.

Guessing they go back to starting Bron and run with DLo/Reaves/Vando/Bron/AD and meter the minutes between Beasley/Lonnie/Vando depending on who's being the most useful.

Rui's going to be a tough call this summer. Hasn't really cracked the rotation, but you gave up so much and he's only 25. He needs minutes somewhere. Wenyen has been useful considering his contract and his limited minutes, but I'd almost consider trying to get him some minutes at the 5 in short stints just to get him going somehow.
They actually came up net neutral for a short time because they got three second rounders for Thomas Bryant from the Nuggets. But then they gave up one of the picks in the Bamba trade.

I was surprised Rui didn't get any burn...

But we wanted Lonnie to play and he did....

But honestly Beasley IMO is the one who really needs some DNP's...

I’m glad he came back this early. Still 7 more games to figure out the final rotation and get as many reps as possible.

Now that we almost have our full squad back it’s time to get the lineups straight. The starting 5 is easy. It’s finding the consistent 6-8th men that’s the question now.

Schroder got the 6th man.
Brown got the 7th man.

Beasley/Lonnie
Rui/Gabriel/Bamba

Only 1-2 players in the 2 above rows can fit in a playoff rotation.

Ideally, you'd like Rui next to AD. Which is why I've always maintained his best spot, is off the bench for Bron.

But if I recall, I think he played some 4/5 with Bron earlier on before the trade deadline (I think it was the first Knick game). He's damn near robotic out there, but if they put him in the right situations (not on an island with any explosive wings) he can survive on defense and he's actually one of the few guys who can get his. Consistency is an issue, however.

Playoff rotation (gotta get there first) is a whole nother story. He's probably getting squeezed out yeah. But if Vando continues to be terrible offensively, you almost have to give him some run.

Back
Top Bottom