**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Still the 4th best team in the West since the deadline

40FCC9DB-C634-48BB-BE2E-3CCB2A38BAAB.jpeg

😂

I think this happens every few games… there’s only so many minutes to go around, so people end up making a fit about the guy who doesn’t play. Then something happens like an injury, that guys gets inserted into the lineup and does well and “Ham’s an idiot” for not playing that guy.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

Not saying hams an idiot for not playing Lonnie.

But where is the adjustment to how teams are taking AD out of the game? Good coaches have been successfully doing this to us since the Toronto game

8 shots for AD isn’t acceptable and it’s happened on multiple occasions where he is taken out of our offense like that due to the opposing coach’s tactics

I wish he'd come for cheap and we can package him and Beasley for something next season, but I'm totally fine with Lonnie leaving. We need a 3&D player.

Not saying hams an idiot for not playing Lonnie.

But where is the adjustment to how teams are taking AD out of the game? Good coaches have been successfully doing this to us since the Toronto game

8 shots for AD isn’t acceptable and it’s happened on multiple occasions where he is taken out of our offense like that due to the opposing coach’s tactics
I hear you

Some of AD’s low number of attempts comes from his lack of aggressiveness. Even if he isn’t getting the ball in the post, there’s offensive rebounds to be had. Plus, I don’t care what level you’re playing if you really want your team to get you the ball there’s ways to let that be known.

And adjustments… well we know teams pack the paint against the Lakers and AD to slow him down. There’s not a lot of adjustments to be made there except for the perimeter guys to make shots. He’s going to see doubles and help so there’s some off ball movement and things that are available but if teams are committed to making others beat them well there’s not much you can do about that.

I hear you guys about this Ham not knowing how to adjust to give AD more shots. Which is very true. Ham is more of a “rah-rah” players coach than an “x’s & o’s” coach.

But a looooot of it is on AD. He is just a passive human being. I don’t care who is on the court AD should never have less than 15 attempts. Period.
It’s not like he’s a classic back to the basket big who relies on a point guard to get him the ball.
He is a mobile swing big.

He has said it plenty of times. Even said it just the other night. He does not care how many points he scores if they win (which is ridiculous). I think in his mind the sayings “let the game come to you” , “I don’t care how many points I have to get a win” … he means it. And when Bron is on the court forget about it. Just who the man it. No changing

The guards have way too much leeway, including Reaves. Gotta rein them in.

All of our guards are trynna get paid. We don’t have a real point that is trying to set up AD every time. Funny enough, the closest we had to that point was [Redacted].

I was heated when Ham didn’t put AD in after we had cut the lead to like 12/13 or whatever early in the 4th.

I hear you guys about this Ham not knowing how to adjust to give AD more shots. Which is very true. Ham is more of a “rah-rah” players coach than an “x’s & o’s” coach.

But a looooot of it is on AD. He is just a passive human being. I don’t care who is on the court AD should never have less than 15 attempts. Period.
It’s not like he’s a classic back to the basket big who relies on a point guard to get him the ball.
He is a mobile swing big.

He has said it plenty of times. Even said it just the other night. He does not care how many points he scores if they win (which is ridiculous). I think in his mind the sayings “let the game come to you” , “I don’t care how many points I have to get a win” … he means it. And when Bron is on the court forget about it. Just who the man it. No changing
I don’t think it’s as simple as let’s make adjustments to get AD more shots… for example if they’re playing him like this
912837F5-952C-4C0A-A52D-D5AE08960FEC.jpeg

Fronting the post, help over the top and Bane there I believe taking away the middle… now this is poor spacing from the Lakers BUT with 3 guys shading him on this play there should be some off ball movement to beat the help. If Memphis adjusts their D and plays AD more straight up then he can go to work…but if they continue with this coverage as long as he’s making the correct plays and making them pay I’m fine with it. This is the type of coverage he’ll see a lot where he might finish with low number of attempts and we’ll say he wasn’t being aggressive but if you go back and rewatch you’ll see all the attention on AD.

the best case for getting AD good looks again is Lebron & Dlo dominating. Right now The opposing teams first 3 goals are to stop AD.

the best case for getting AD good looks again is Lebron & Dlo dominating. Right now The opposing teams first 3 goals are to stop AD.
.AD just has to stop being selectively assertive. He hesitates too much. He takes too long to make a decision on how he wants to attack. He needs to get the ball and make a move.

I don’t think it’s as simple as let’s make adjustments to get AD more shots… for example if they’re playing him like this
912837F5-952C-4C0A-A52D-D5AE08960FEC.jpeg

Fronting the post, help over the top and Bane there I believe taking away the middle… now this is poor spacing from the Lakers BUT with 3 guys shading him on this play there should be some off ball movement to beat the help. If Memphis adjusts their D and plays AD more straight up then he can go to work…but if they continue with this coverage as long as he’s making the correct plays and making them pay I’m fine with it. This is the type of coverage he’ll see a lot where he might finish with low number of attempts and we’ll say he wasn’t being aggressive but if you go back and rewatch you’ll see all the attention on AD.
So basically what you’re saying is if the defense doesn’t serve AD easy on a platter exactly how he likes then he will continue to be a floating ghost… cool. “Takes what the defense gives you”

The whole point of being a superstar is taking what you want on defense. They should never be able to prevent you to getting to your spot in the court. Period.

AD needs to call plays off and get deep position and yell for the ball. But he’s not built like Shaq. He’s not a dominant inside force. So that’s where the coach has to step in and have ways to get him shots.

Also would help if shooters like Beasley made shots and Dlo played 5 consecutive games

So basically what you’re saying is if the defense doesn’t serve AD easy on a platter exactly how he likes then he will continue to be a floating ghost… cool. “Takes what the defense gives you”

The whole point of being a superstar is taking what you want on defense. They should never be able to prevent you to getting to your spot in the court. Period.
I mean superstars are able to score and create opportunities for their lesser talented teammates. AD garnering all that attention and generating offense for others is fine. I’d like to see him say the hell with it a few times a game and force the action but I’m more concerned with guys just standing around when he gets doubled than I am with AD not getting up a shot attempt in those cases.

AD needs to call plays off and get deep position and yell for the ball. But he’s not built like Shaq. He’s not a dominant inside force. So that’s where the coach has to step in and have ways to get him shots.

Also would help if shooters like Beasley made shots and Dlo played 5 consecutive games
The last part is true.

Even if AD freestyles on offense and posts up the defense will still play him a certain way. He’s not passive out of single coverage, but I do think sometimes he could go quicker before the help comes.

😂

I think this happens every few games… there’s only so many minutes to go around, so people end up making a fit about the guy who doesn’t play. Then something happens like an injury, that guys gets inserted into the lineup and does well and “Ham’s an idiot” for not playing that guy.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

*Ahem* :lol:

This is a fan critique, I’m not talking about actual coaching decision making.

I hear all the time guys saying they want this guy in or that player deserves minutes… or even this dude deserves to be an all star, etc. All that’s cool, no problem. BUT if people are going to make those arguments then they should offer the solutions to how they’re going to create minutes for playing time. Oh Lonnie deserves to play, Rui should get pt, Wenyen could help, etc… all good, so tell me where the minutes are coming from.

Starters: AD, Bron, Vando, Reaves, D'Lo
Bench: Wenyen, Rui, TBJ, Schroder

Maybe give a shift to one of Beas/Lonnie, but that should be the main nine man rotation every night.

This is a fan critique, I’m not talking about actual coaching decision making.

I hear all the time guys saying they want this guy in or that player deserves minutes… or even this dude deserves to be an all star, etc. All that’s cool, no problem. BUT if people are going to make those arguments then they should offer the solutions to how they’re going to create minutes for playing time. Oh Lonnie deserves to play, Rui should get pt, Wenyen could help, etc… all good, so tell me where the minutes are coming from.

I agree.

I said all this last year when day after day I read post after post of people complaining about this or that guy playing/not playing so much that I asked this thread "who do you want them to play?"

Rui's awesome......why is Rui in?
Lonnie's great......why tf is Lonnie in?
Vando :pimp: ........Vando sucks.
Beasley can shoot!........Beasley can't hit water from a boat!
Save us Reaves......why is Austin out there?
Dennis is killin it......Dennis is killin me.

Literally in the same game(s). :lol:

But then they all criticize the coach and his #Rotations :wink:

You're sayin what I been sayin about 10 years/5 coaches now. I agree with 100%.

Well in the past there have been guys who were straight up awful and shouldn’t have been in the rotation period…like Avery Bradley for example.

This year even some of the unpopular lineups like the 3 guard ones I get it… trusted Bev more guarding wings than let’s say TBJ.

The emotional roller coaster posts during game is pretty funny to watch 😂

Back
Top Bottom