**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ayton & AD :nerd: :nerd:

Edit: Seeing CP3 Thrive with Harden & Now Booker….. I hate Stern & Mitch for fumbling that CP3 trade.

Last edited:
we should all celebrate laker family jason kidd knocking out the man who rejected the laker coaching job and chose the suns instead.

thats real family 😍

Reactions: DLF
rx4met21yqz81.jpg

Listen, if the Suns really want to get off of Chris Paul's money this would be a good trade because Westbrook is an expiring contract but as a Lakers fan I wouldn't want to sign up for another 3 years of Chris Paul that would take him until he's 40

Speaking of pressure, this Lakers coaching search comes with all sorts of stakes attached. There’s the obvious desire to make the most of the LeBron James era and return to title-contending status, of course, but there’s also the fact that significant change of some sort will inevitably come if they fall short of that goal yet again. Lakers owner Jeanie Buss declared that she’s “growing impatient” in an interview with the LA Times this week, when she also publicly confirmed a number of revelations that were first reported by The Athletic (chief among them the fact that she’s relying on the counsel of Phil Jackson and Magic Johnson again, and that James’ happiness is seen internally as the key to this partnership thriving again).Yet though it remains unclear who will replace the fired Frank Vogel, with Kenny Atkinson, Adrian Griffin, Mark Jackson, Darvin Ham and Terry Stotts among the known candidates, we continue to learn about how Lakers officials see their own roster by way of the coaching search itself. More specifically, the notion of Russell Westbrook remaining part of their program is seeming more real all the time. Despite the widely held belief that the Lakers would find a way to trade Westbrook before the start of next season, sources say their coaching candidates have been asked to discuss how they would use him in their system during interviews. The takeaway for candidates, it seems, is that maximizing Westbrook’s presence after his disastrous 2021-22 season is considered an important part of this job.

To that end, it’s worth revisiting my report from earlier this month about Jackson’s affinity for Westbrook. When the decision was made to fire Vogel, there was a belief from on high that Westbrook wasn’t put in a position to succeed. For Jackson’s part, sources say he has cited the Gary Payton dilemma in the 2003-04 Lakers season as a way of illustrating a coach’s need to make the best of roster decisions that weren’t his preference. In essence, deal with the hand you’re dealt rather than complain about it.

When the Lakers’ late owner, Dr. Jerry Buss, insisted on adding Payton in the summer of 2003, that meant Jackson had to convince Derek Fisher to come off the bench. And considering those Lakers had won titles in three of the previous four seasons with Fisher starting, this wasn’t a welcome situation for Jackson to have to handle. Yet though they didn’t win it all, the Lakers did manage to return to the finals that season (where they lost to Detroit). The comparison, it seems, was made to make the point that the coach (and his staff) should somehow find a way to find the Westbrook solution. Again, the strong signs continue that the Lakers are preparing for the possibility of Westbrook remaining.

As a final thought on the Lakers front, consider this: Boston has a legitimate chance of winning its 18th title in franchise history, thereby breaking the tie with the rival Lakers just two years after they’d tied it up at 17. As if Buss wasn’t unhappy enough with the state of affairs.

if cp had only two years left then it would be a great trade but that extra year kills it. Remember Cp3 would be the third wheel on our team and not 1b like he is now.

But honestly we need to get younger. Point blank period so I’m gonna vote NO.

Woulda been way cooler if he was a FA this summer and came over for the 5 mill MLE lol

CP was gassed in the second round. He’s too old for a deep playoff run playing heavy minutes. As good as he was against the Pelicans, he showed his age in Round 2.

Y’all do understand that CP makes $17 million less than Russ. In this very unlikely hypothetical, they would also be sending us a couple other players in addition to CP.

As much as it pains me, I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that it's likely we will have Russell Westbrook on our opening night roster. I would certainly trade him if we can but I would rather keep him and have an expiring contract after next season then make another franchise destroying trade in order to get off of his one year contract

As much as it pains me, I'm starting to come to grips with the fact that it's likely we will have Russell Westbrook on our opening night roster. I would certainly trade him if we can but I would rather keep him and have an expiring contract after next season then make another franchise destroying trade in order to get off of his one year contract
I like to think this is just a public negotiation to make themselves not look desperate to rid of him.

NO WAY Westbrick is brought back. No way

He was such a negative energy soul-crushing character last season. There’s no way they will bring him back. Fans booing, laughing at him, yelling don’t shoot, calling him Westbrick, etc. No way. His attitude post game. No accountability, Lebron and AD giving him bad looks on the bench. Just a negative force all year. No way

Self-awareness >

The nba and it’s tv partners doing itself long term damage with its terrible coverage. They are leaning all the way into the “nba twitter” culture of trolls, hot takes, ranking player a to b etc. even the commentating during games has reached a point of annoyance.

Shame on espn for this loser on and letting him share his hot takes. And I am not a Cp3 fan.

NO WAY Westbrick is brought back. No way

He was such a negative energy soul-crushing character last season. There’s no way they will bring him back. Fans booing, laughing at him, yelling don’t shoot, calling him Westbrick, etc. No way. His attitude post game. No accountability, Lebron and AD giving him bad looks on the bench. Just a negative force all year. No way

Nobody wants him back but I would rather start the season with him and potentially find an advantageous trade opposed to packaging him with two additional first round picks now. Starting the season with him is the pragmatic and logical thing unless we can find a sweetheart trade

Back
Top Bottom