**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It was 20 seconds into the clock. He gave it to AD with 7 seconds. He passed it back. DLo shot and missed.

Doesn’t account for the next play, AD losses track of Kleber ran all the way into the paint, Kleber never even entered inside the arc. Then closed out on a DEEP shot so badly he fouled him on a shot he missed that Mavs had no chance to rebound. That was also the game. Because they were up 4, with the rebound and 7 seconds.

Drive it to the rim and try to draw a foul. He was already having a terrible shooting night

2 guys had a + +/- of Lakers starters. AD +1, DLo +6.
Bench had all +. Rui +2, Wenyen +5, DS +6, Reaves +10

Every single guy had positives and negatives over the night.
DLo ****ty shooting night and is on a bad 2-1/2 game stretch shooting, after starting out as good as possible even with a freak injury. Had 11 assists no turnovers tonight.
AD one of the worst 30 seconds ever in basketball, completely undid where you see his level of dominance.

The reason they lost was free throws. You can point at anything else, but 13 missed FTs was the problem. They'll never be perfect but 60% as a team is 12% behind the worst FT shooting team in the league.

The major problem I'm finding from game to game is the Beasley/Brown/Vando block. Brown isn't doing much out there. Makes 1.5 threes a game on average on 4 attempts as a starter. Not bad, but it isn't at a volume that helps or matters. Other than that, you barely know he's out there for half a game every night.
Vando adds nothing to the offensive end, and sometimes his energy wanes, which he's still a plus defender even when his energy is down, but it isn't enough to overcome his deficiencies.
But mostly it's Beasley. If he's not a threat from 3, as you see teams sag off him now despite him being a historically good 3 point shooter and shrinking the court more than Vando already does.
Those 3 providing 23 points without much success from 3 is super damaging.

Beasley has been so bad, he doesn't even close games. It is why DLo ends up off ball at the 2. Because Beasley isn't remotely playing well enough. And you won't put DS off ball much because it's not a helpful strategy

Gotta figure out the rotations. But the Beasley/Brown/Vando trio isn't nearly good enough as a starting block. Also they have far too few forwards and centers (Yes, LeBron and Bamba would fix that)

Last edited:
Start Reaves at the 3 honestly. Would help a ton.
he honestly should start next to d'lo lol
and then just have dennis be the exclusive ball handler with the bench mob

ham keeps runniing d'lo/reaves/dennis lineups and dennis ****ing pounds the rock and takes stupod shots or throws stupid passes :lol:

d'lo and reaves much better as main pnr handler and they can shoot and i feel like d'lo gets better rhythm when he's them main guy (feels like it been dennis mostly but idk i might be looking throu a biased lens)

he honestly should start next to d'lo lol
and then just have dennis be the exclusive ball handler with the bench mob

ham keeps runniing d'lo/reaves/dennis lineups and dennis ****ing pounds the rock and takes stupod shots or throws stupid passes :lol:

d'lo and reaves much better as main pnr handler and they can shoot and i feel like d'lo gets better rhythm when he's them main guy (feels like it been dennis mostly but idk i might be looking throu a biased lens)

I agree to an extent. But I get the short staffed narrative.
But I think he plays those 3 together to close because in part Beasley isn’t playable most nights. And Dennis is more reliable than Beas

Lakers need Beas to be a 15 ppg guy desperately on really good shooting with Bron out. Even in a best case scenario from a 1/2 scoring punch. When the rest of the starting lineup struggles to get 20, you’re in trouble.
Otherwise, he’s underperforming like half of the rotation on offense, but his underperforming is far more of a disaster than everything else.

Shrinks the court. Hurts DLo and AD’s effectiveness.
Makes them play from behind. Etc.

Last edited:
I agree to an extent. But I get the short staffed narrative.
But I think he plays those 3 together to close because in part Beasley isn’t playable most nights. And Dennis is more reliable than Beas

Lakers need Beas to be a 15 ppg guy desperately on really good shooting with Bron out. Even in a best case scenario from a 1/2 scoring punch. When the rest of the starting lineup struggles to get 20, you’re in trouble.
Otherwise, he’s underperforming like half of the rotation on offense, but his underperforming is far more of a disaster than everything else.

Shrinks the court. Hurts DLo and AD’s effectiveness.
Makes them play from behind. Etc.
Lakers shooting curse whooping Beas *** lol
He def gotta be one of those 10-12 ppg type guys. D Lo gotta be our main pnr ball handler tho

Feels like Dennis been doing that more and it stinks lol

sb70jsnymeoa1.jpg

Tonight we all just became delusional laker fans.

Bravo to DLF DLF , he knew this all along. Respect
You are forgiven my child

The lakers became “pre-rust trade” lakers since they beat Pelicans. Cocky, no discipline. This loss reminded me of the 10 we lost earlier where we are up late and lose. Mistake after mistake.

Basketball karma at its finest and I love it

Last edited:
4 L’s that AD could’ve sealed a win if he made FTs

IND
PHI
BOS
DAL

7-4 in the last 11 games likely gets us into the play-in

Not feeling good we can go 7-4 though…. Then win 2 play in games….

Last edited:
They're gonna be in the play-in regardless because the teams around them have a harder path/are tanking. But instead of 7-8 it's gonna be 9-10.

Not that it matters if the Lakers don’t win games.

Magic over Clippers in LA
Raptors over Wolves in TOR (Ant is likely out)
Grizzles over Warriors in MEM
Celtics over Jazz in UTAH

Utah losing is the one need game out of all of them.
Wolves would be really nice to have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom