**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Tbh I don’t believe this team actually cares about winning anymore after they got their ring in 2020

Guys just wanna kick it, smoke hookah and get their courtside fits off

I thought the lakers could avoid the playin before Lebron got hurt… After bron went down, I thought they had enough to get a 7-8 seed. That was before they went 1-3 this week… Now I’m just hoping they stay in the 9-10 range before Lebron gets back.

As far as yesterday’s game, man that hurt I can’t lie lol. It was exactly like the loss to the Pacers earlier this year. To lose that way twice sucks.

The good:
Wenyen was balling. I loved the AD/Gabriel minutes. Ham might’ve left him in for a little too long but we had that game in our hands so I can’t fault him too much. Dennis played good in the 2nd half (before the final 6 minutes). AD was making quick passes out the double and dominating defensively as usual.

The bad:
Dlo was playmaking for others in the beginning of the first half but was trash on both ends for the rest of the game. AD obviously fouled at the worst ****ing time possible. Then got caught ball watching at the worst ****ing time again. I thought it was a good double, AD just fell asleep. He Also missed that free throw late but I can’t fault him too badlyfor that. I think he was 6/7 from the line while the rest of the team was complete trash. Austin is at 90% and missed like 3 off the top of my head.

Anyways going forward I’d like to see more Gabriel/AD minutes. I’d also like to see Reaves start for Beasley but I doubt that happens.

We had a terrible week and went 1-3. There’s basically no room for error going forward. Let’s at least try to get the 9th seed lol.

You guys are too hard on AD. He will be in the gym all summer working on his game. He will shoot FTs and threes. Next season will be another revenge szn.

#runitback

IMO at worst we will be the 10th seed.

I do believe we might have killed our chances at 6 but it's still not impossible.

Wolves lost in a game where they got scoring wise as optimal a night as possible from guys.

If Ant is out through the end of the month. They will slide out of the playoffs. (I doubt he misses that much time. But him being in a boot and indefinitely are not good signs. But guy is a warrior, he’ll play whenever he’s able to jog on the ankle).

now that ant is hurt I think the 8th seed is the floor.

Hope you’re right

Lost 3 of the last 4. This was supposed to be an “easy schedule”

No game is a guaranteed W. Not the magic game, not the bulls, Thunder, jazz etc

every game gonna be a slug fest lol
8th is possible but yeah the games are gonna have to be played and won :lol:

every time we put a bar on this team they fall flat on their face :rofl:

Some positives to look at:

Reaves:
14.2/4.2 .574/.449 since the trade.

AD:
24.7/13.9 53% from the field since the trade.
116 Off Rtg / 105 DRtg

Even with the sometimes dumb stuff like last night. He’s not been playing bad and has a bunch of moments where he’s been the best player on the court.

DLo’s 8 games (I’m taking out the 9 minute ankle sprain game)
19.9/3.5/6.9
.448/.377/.828

In those 8 games, he’s only had 2 negative plus/minus games -7 against POR and -1 against HOU.

Not too much cause for concern had 1 bad shooting quarter against the Pelicans but was great in the first half. Not any issue in the 4th
Houston looks worse than what it was because that court was the size of a pea without a secondary scorer and even then it was down the stretch where it went bad shooting.
And bad shooting night more so down the stretch last night but still had 11 assists with no turnovers.

The reason for optimism is DLo’s career has a ton of big 4th quarter games, some with the Lakers already.

Team has been good for a month plus. The only reason they find themselves in the predicament was royally screwing themselves starting 2-10

We need DLo to get us a cool 22-25 a game.

Some caution about that. He can do it on a given night. But average wise would require a different level of ball dominance that isn’t conducive. The guys who do it take a lot of shots and get to the line a lot.

The crux of being 9-7 and not 11-5 is Beasley/Brown/Vando being 27PPG combined playing a position and a half of minutes.
It just can’t happen. It’s a scoring league. And they need to better.

Some caution about that. He can do it on a given night. But average wise would require a different level of ball dominance that isn’t conducive. The guys who do it take a lot of shots and get to the line a lot.

The crux of being 9-7 and not 11-5 is Beasley/Brown/Vando being 27PPG combined playing a position and a half of minutes.
It just can’t happen. It’s a scoring league. And they need to better.
I don’t expect it to be sustainable. Just while he’s the second option as Bron is out. The games that we’ve won he went crazy. And we seem to need that seeing how we can’t count on Beasley or TBJ

I don’t expect it to be sustainable. Just while he’s the second option as Bron is out. The games that we’ve won he went crazy. And we seem to need that seeing how we can’t count on Beasley or TBJ
He’s in the range
21/7 since coming back from the Ankle Sprain.

Team is 2-3. But he’s been a plus even if you take out the +26 from NOP. He’s a +23 over the other 4.

6th is still realistic but I think they land in 7th. All the teams ahead of them are cheeks and will lose more than win down the stretch

Back
Top Bottom