Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Dr. Khallid Muhammad VS Phil Donahue (43 mins vid)

glasses.gif
The man held his ground... and had an answer for EVERY question

Sorry if this is old [news to you]

laugh.gif
 @ dude trying to keep a straight face after watching his completely hilarious jesse jackson impersonation

I always have mixed emotions about this video...

It makes me sad on both sides of the story though... because it really seems like most of the black audience supporting him didn't get the real message.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I always have mixed emotions about this video...

It makes me sad on both sides of the story though... because it really seems like most of the black audience supporting him didn't get the real message.

Yeah, there seemed to be a lot of  "we're the same race...so I'm automatically siding with him/them"...

And yeah, Donahue was "
embarassed.gif
mad.gif
"... Dr. Muhammad was "
glasses.gif
"

watched that whole thing and from a non-black perspective....I understand where dr. muhammad's passion and drive are coming from...he's taking all of the pressures and atrocities done upon black people from generations upon generations ago. Are there some holes in his racial justice for the black people...absolutely. I believe that we are currently making strides to become truly equals...it's is gonna take a longer time without a doubt but I understand where he say's that not only black people(s) but whites, asians, latinos...etc, have been "brain-washed" or "institutionalized over the past hundreds if not thousands of years. What I feel he and the nation of islam is trying to do is attack full force and cause a change right here right now, not leaving a chance that these same issues ever arise again....I can't say that he's either right nor wrong because I have no idea what will happen in the future.

He countered every question with a strong, mindful answer...he was not being overly racist but he was always on the defensive and provided well thought out and rhythmic answers. It is because of the holes left out in our worlds history about not only the black peoples struggle throughout the times but also of the asian, south american, australian native tribes and so forth that really makes you wonder if all of the selectively bred material in texts especially text books even touch a maybe 51% majority of the real truth that we have not been told....I feel like wondering about what has been left out will force me to become a conspiracy theorist.

Even as a non-black person I can no doubt see the truth in what he is saying but even though he may touch on some truths he is also touching on race wars and the idea that each individual race should ultimately stick to their people. This world is not big enough for us to just stay with our own people(s).

also nice shout out for Queens College
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

watched that whole thing and from a non-black perspective....I understand where dr. muhammad's passion and drive are coming from...he's taking all of the pressures and atrocities done upon black people from generations upon generations ago. Are there some holes in his racial justice for the black people...absolutely. I believe that we are currently making strides to become truly equals...it's is gonna take a longer time without a doubt but I understand where he say's that not only black people(s) but whites, asians, latinos...etc, have been "brain-washed" or "institutionalized over the past hundreds if not thousands of years. What I feel he and the nation of islam is trying to do is attack full force and cause a change right here right now, not leaving a chance that these same issues ever arise again....I can't say that he's either right nor wrong because I have no idea what will happen in the future.

He countered every question with a strong, mindful answer...he was not being overly racist but he was always on the defensive and provided well thought out and rhythmic answers. It is because of the holes left out in our worlds history about not only the black peoples struggle throughout the times but also of the asian, south american, australian native tribes and so forth that really makes you wonder if all of the selectively bred material in texts especially text books even touch a maybe 51% majority of the real truth that we have not been told....I feel like wondering about what has been left out will force me to become a conspiracy theorist.

Even as a non-black person I can no doubt see the truth in what he is saying but even though he may touch on some truths he is also touching on race wars and the idea that each individual race should ultimately stick to their people. This world is not big enough for us to just stay with our own people(s).

also nice shout out for Queens College
pimp.gif

Good observations fam...

I just find it hilarious that Phil tried to throw Dr. Muhammad under the bus right out the gates and he had a STRONG counter response for everything Phil threw at him....

I feel this idea of black people being abused and hated is now happening to the muslims because there is so much hate and racism towards them, and they are now starting to be the targets of hate crimes and other vioence. 

but back to the topic. i feel that after obama was elected people expected the black community to be satisfied and feel like their struggle is over and they have received

reparations but we all know nothing has really changed.

anyone else agree with me?

Back
Top Bottom