Ladies and Gentlemen, Pictures of the XIX's Have Arrived....

Awful, really awful
Unlike the last time he played his "last game'' at the Garden, Jordan did not dig deep into his closet for a pair of original Air Jordans. Instead, he wore the updated gray version of his signature shoes and let his game, rather than his footwear, be the focus.

I like those whats the price when they drop? :tongue:
tongue.gif

I decided, if i get those, I'll do surgery on them...I dont like the whole idea of Lace Covers, but oh well.

ahh...maybe if they release Lows, they wont have them....i sure hope so.

^^^ Hey whatsup CEO- where ya been man?...anyways...

What is everyone's obsession with how bad the lace cover is? Step into the future people- the lace cover was not just thrown onto the shoe to cover the laces; it is an integral part of the design and functionality of the shoe. It serves a purpose, and that is the only reason it's there. The designers at JB would not just throw something on a shoe if it had no purpose...

The shroud is made of a new, lightweight textile that has never been used on shoes before. It is very lightweight, very breathable and flexible, but it still provies support where the player needs it most.

This new Air Jordan is the most technologically advanced Air Jordan yet, which is the way it should be. The shoe is futuristic, which is a good thing, because it shows that JB is not depending on what they have done in the past to make a well-selling shoe, but they are looking into the future to what new things they can accomplish .

CEO,

Well...IMO...the way the shoe stands now...it will be a shoe that sells VERY WELL...just, IMO, without the lace cover we would see an actual return of the XI's...thus, an instant classic...

From someone that has worked in retail since the XIII's came out...I can tell you that...

People the like the cover on the XVI's when wearing them...about 95% don't...maybe 5% do...

The XVII's...well...I don't remember the last time I saw someone wearing the lace cover...If the XVII's came out ONLY in the low-top form I beleive the shoe would have sold better...

The XVIII's...well, we have seen that people on NT have went as far as to cut off the lace cover...

So...by deduction, I would say that the target market for the Air Jordan line would prefer that the lace-cover been removeable, if there at all...

Would you agree or disagree?

BTW...what do you know about the Jordan Twenty (or XX?) apparel package? The one that is suppose to be exclusively for FTL, Inc this holiday season?

JM
KOBE TWO SAMPLES on eBay...CHECK THE LINK...​
[/b]​

Blco02, I've been fishing. :lol:
laugh.gif

Seriouly though, I've just been trying to jumpstart my new ventures, while at the same time, doing a little vacationing. I'll catch you on AIM later.

peace
"I think if any man has to put on a front or lie about his stance, his position in life, to others over the internet, he's not being true to himself. He's not a man, and never was one." - CEO InSane

Here's my take on lace covers:

I think the covers on the XVI, XVII and XVIII (not to mention the various Jumpman shoes like the Swift VI) REALLY turned the general consumer off of lace covers. All of those covers/shrouds were generally useless--and the ones on the XVIII were the only ones that seemed to be integrated into the look of the shoe, IMHO. Had it not been for those earlier attempts, I think the XIX's lace cover would have been accepted much faster. As it is, i think people will need to hold the shoe in their hands before they make a decision.

Haha, that's cool man- I've been real busy lately too...

But again, I'd like to say that I'm excited about these new XIX's... I also can't wait to see what the marketing campaign is going to be like... It should be starting in October....

I think the XVI's lace cover was incorporated more into the design than the XVIII's cover was. But the XVI didn't look good with the thing on, and the XVIII would have looked good without the cover only if the the upper had more detail. But since the upper was just bland, the cover had to stay.

At 115 lbs., standing 5'5", this cartoon phenomenon pursues fun, freedom, and the likes of the amazing female, Trixie Cartwright.​

Are the XIXs going to come with any other things? IE: towel? soap? someting like that?

i personally think they should come w/ a razor, so the people who do buy em can reconsider there lives.

jk lol

^^ lol
"I'm hittin fine models and stabbin punks with broken wine bottles"

ANYBODY WHO IS NOT A FRAUD WILLING TO SELL DS OR VVVVVNDS XI's ANY COLOR BESIDES THE Columbias or lowtops

Doesnt the XIX have a different type of lacing system..thats why they put the lace cover on?

IMO, im pretty much undecided and hope they make a couple more changes before the official release. AS Slam Ed Said(or some1 else...ah well)..they shoulda made the lace cover flow better with the heel(or incorporate it better).

I also think they look better, ON a person than by themselves.

From what i see now, I would want them...but im a bit poor.

Nice to see ya back CEO, thanks for the clarifications.

I agree fully with blco02 about the futuristic concepts/looks of new Jordans.

from the side profile they get a
sick.gif
and will not be copped...
"I'm hittin fine models and stabbin punks with broken wine bottles"

ANYBODY WHO IS NOT A FRAUD WILLING TO SELL DS OR VVVVVNDS XI's ANY COLOR BESIDES THE Columbias or lowtops

Quote:
IthruXIX: Are the XIXs going to come with any other things? IE: towel? soap? someting like that? i personally think they should come w/ a razor, so the people who do buy em can reconsider there lives.
:rofl:
roll.gif
i think thats the best post on the XIX's so far
:rofl:
roll.gif

[/center]

seriously tho, can someone explain what makes this shoe so "hott" or a "must have on release day"???

i keep on lookin at it and i'm like wat da..... :x
sick.gif
:x
sick.gif

my reason for not liking the shoe is because of that material thats on the shroud...it just doesnt fit right with the rest of the shoe....if it wasnt for that thing on the shroud then maybe it would look a lot better

but damn ppl explain to me how this crappy aaa shoe looks "HOTT"???? :\
ohwell.gif

You know a lot of people are harping on the new Cover and material, did you guys ever stop to think that the cover and the material in general are the centerpiece of the shoe?!? That's all that Jordan brand tate interview was about in slam and the point made quite clear in the descriptions for the shoes.
It's the one thing that separates it completely from other shoes and you want it removable and gone?? Maybe these aren't the shoes that you want after all. Because if you take out the thing that they may have built the shoe around you may not have anything at all.
Yeah to Jordan Brand for bringing something new to the table, and thank god for a white release first instead of the boring black/? color first.
I will be getting these for balling not to wear around the mall.

Quote:
Lace covers are to keep the shoelaces from becoming untied. Possibly, the designers think about how they will perform on the court instead of how they will worn with jeans and a white tee.

Yes!! TRUE!!!

Stop complaining about the cover! Its functional and is the main part of the design. If they got rid of it they might as well start over.
::::::TEAM . anti . DS:::::::​

:: (please visit!) -- RIP JMJ ::​

Quote:
I will be getting these for balling not to wear around the mall.

its not smart to ball in trunners. and lace covers are dope. they MADE the 16 and the 18. the 17 cover looked useless to me, but what do i know? but these are disgusting. they look stupid

Harve
Don't go lollipop on us​

actually,i love these kicks and im getting me a pair. i cant wait to see what kind of box there going to come with or accesories. thanks. peaceeeeeeeeeee
BIG BEN NYC 1986
NEW YORK CITY FOR EVER.

Back
Top Bottom