Ladies and Gentlemen, Pictures of the XIX's Have Arrived....

I havent been looking forward to buying a pair of j's this much since the XIV dropped. Vast improvement over the past few models in the line.

Imagine the lows had a lace cover. :rofl:
roll.gif

<------Iverson the boss of the cross.

haha.... funny thing is.. the XIX lows do have a lace cover... although it is different than the lace cover found on the XIX mid... :wink:
wink.gif

pe@ce
Gandhi

YAY! It looks like the XIXs are giving us a second chance to accept them! BTW, I took them in the first time! They look hott to me!

LA-tes

[/center]

1) What are the similarities to former Js ?

. the one piece toe part ( VI , VII , VIII , X , XI , XII , XIII , XIV , XVI , XVII , XVIII ) : maybe the most fundamental element on a J . Well I remember it shocked me when I saw that on the VI for the first time !
. patent leather ( XI , XVI ) : the toe part looks exactly like the one of the XI . We all know it will increase sales ...... the XVI blk/red was the last Jordan after the XIV who was really appreciated .
. the lateral forefoot pod ( XV ) : part that stabilize the foot and prevent from inversion and so from ankle injuries ...
. the clear sole ( V , VI , XI , XVI ) : to prevent yellowing they have tainted the sole the same way the new blk/red XI lows soles are .
. the lace cover ( XVI , XVII , XVII ) : it's just an evolution of the concept used on previous Js .

2) Why MJ's one pic and profile pic don't look the same ?

Probably cause they are different samples , but also cause there is a huge size difference : Mike's ones are sz 13 ( if I remember ) and profile ones are probably sz 9 ....

3) What I personally think about it ?

I like how they looked on MJ's feet , although I didn't like that grey/black shroud . I would definitively prefer a black toe box and a white cover .............which is normal , since the concord XIs are my favorites shoes ever .
But as always I am kinda disappointed with the new J : the profile pic makes the cover look like a presto tent , the heel midsole part is too heavy-looking /too thick which is bad for a "flight" shoe , and the strap is way too large compared to the new jordan signature .
Whatever , I was several times disappointed by Js at first sight before they grew on me after , and those finally weren't the worst ones ( VI , VIII , XI , XII : don't ask me why ! ) I've got mad love for those ones now .
Air Jordans are still the most interesting shoes out there , but as a lot of people I am quite disappointed by new school shoes ( bball above all ) , and Air Jordans will be once again the only new school shoes I buy next year .

4) What I hope for the released version :
. a redesigned heel part ( midsole/strap suck )
. a shroud that stick to the laces and don't make a tent
. a special package like the XVII
. a + model without a cover like XVII & XVIII , for a more classic look , and maybe a more XI look ?!?
. some surprising low models
. a thin toe box , not like the XVI-XVII-XVIII ones
. some colors like the ones they made before the washington era ......well some bulls color !!!! No flint greys , no sports blues , no cherrywoods , no wheats/mochas/doodoos !!!
. some quality materials of course !!!!!

Sam
:wink:
wink.gif

They look pretty good, but they dont really look like Jordan shoes. More like some reeboks or something. The other colourways will look much better.
Come check out NikeTalk Canada...
NikeTalk Canada

People are going to kill me for this but:

"Even the KobeTWO was a better designed shoes than this XIX".

Ok let me explain before throwing any stones at me.

1: The lace cover on the KB2 were nicely integrated in the shoes, on the XIX it's like a huge seperate cover that is clearly layed over the shoe, not integreted.

2: Nomatter how ugly most people found the KB2, at least it was futuristic and very new, something the Air Jordan used to be.

But on a different note, what was so wrong with the "Hidden lacing system" like the ones on the Jordan 13 & 14. That was nice and clean.

In my opinion a cover is a quick and cheap way to hide out any ugly parts that were designed too quickly.

Like: Damn, we messed this one up, let's just "cover it up" PUN INTENDED.

At least give us the change to be able to remove the cover.

Jordans the apex of shoe design and technology?? I don't know who still believes that, but I do not think any Jordan matches these terms after like 1995. Specially after the introduction of Foamposite technology, these have been Nike's "crown jewel" shoes, with latest in technology and design.

Ever since JB came along, it's been going downwards, sorry, but that is truely how I feel. Thinker was the man, I'd say get him back.

Now I expect to see a foamposite Jordan shoe as the Air Jordan XX. With lot's of external carbon and some chrome highlights.

DRT ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS:
TJP - The Jordan Palace
@ www.air-jordans.tk

OW'NAGE DESIGN STUDIOS
@ www.ownage-design.tk

Quote:
"Even the KobeTWO was a better designed shoes than this XIX".
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif

Quote:
1: The lace cover on the KB2 were nicely integrated in the shoes, on the XIX it's like a huge seperate cover that is clearly layed over the shoe, not integreted.
The shoe was MADE to have that lace cover. It's not like they just took a plain shoe and slapped a lace cover on it, because if the lace cover design was scrapped and taken off the shoe.......they would have too creat a completely different shoe.
Quote:
But on a different note, what was so wrong with the "Hidden lacing system" like the ones on the Jordan 13 & 14. That was nice and clean.
THAT was the 13 & 14. THIS is the 19. Stop dwelling on the past.
[/b]
::TEAM . anti . DS::.

:: jslay05@hotmail.com(e-mail) :: jstreetz05(aim) ::

Quote:
The shoe was MADE to have that lace cover. It's not like they just took a plain shoe and slapped a lace cover on it, because if the lace cover design was scrapped and taken off the shoe.......they would have too creat a completely different shoe.

Uhm no, it looks like it slapped on. That's what I said. You can say the opposite, but it looks slapped on. Not as nicely integrated as the KB2.

Just LOOK at both and it's obvious.

Quote:
THAT was the 13 & 14. THIS is the 19. Stop dwelling on the past.

Uhm, excuse me? It's JB in the 1st place whol claim that the latest AJ is always an reincarnation of all others before them.

Tell them [ JB ] to stop dwelling on the past. Or if they want so badly, make them like they used to be, the best shoe in the world.
DRT ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS:
TJP - The Jordan Palace
@ www.air-jordans.tk

OW'NAGE DESIGN STUDIOS
@ www.ownage-design.tk

The XIX are cool to look at , but I am concerned about how they would be to play in?? I think the lace cover would get in the way and there is no way to get rid of it (unlike the last few designs).
It seems to me that jordan's have become too gimmicky !! The mark of a great design is one which is not cool to look at but functional as well. This misses the mark...

Disappointed\n

^that's big talk for someone who hasn't seen the fnal version, felt the new material, or experienced how "functional" the shoe can be.

DutchRoyalT, sounds like you were expecting a re-make of the XVIII. Why would we want to go with the same exact sleek concept that went into the XVIII's cover? ...and for the LAST time, the shroud on the XIXs acts in harmony with and plays a BIG role contributing to the entire fit of the shoe.
The material is very flexible, much more than leather, and it stays cool. As FYI, the brand doesn't look at past Js for inspiration, that's a mock in itself. After the general concept is set up, it's Jordan's call as to what he wants on where.

It's str8 ignorant for anyone to attempt to downplay the XIX's materials, performance or durability without even seeing or experiencing the actual shoe itself.

JM, do you have AIM?
Catch me on. : Ceo InSane 513

thnx -n- peace
"I think if any man has to put on a front or lie about his stance, his position in life, to others over the internet, he's not being true to himself. He's not a man, and never was one." - CEO InSane

My question is, are those two magnets going to be sufficient to keep the heel strap secure? When I was playing around with the shoe, that was one thing that came to mind.
"If you have sex without a condom, you might get something that will kill you...kids."

looks like I'll be passing on the "flagship" Air Jordan
for the 1st time since his first retirement in '94 |I
tired.gif
!!!

I can't justify payin' sooo much for such a hideous lookin' shoe !!!! For the FIRST time EVER . . .

I don't like 'em . . . they look worst than any doo-doo brown colorway of any style :frown:
frown.gif
:frown:
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
!!!

Shame on you Michael !

The end is HERE forget near.

jordan_020515.jpg

say it isn't so Michael !?

-PPG324

Cincinnati,Ohio

I love NT. It always starts off with "Those are :x
sick.gif
:x
sick.gif
sick.gif
", "These are the worst Jordans ever!!", "JB keeps going downhill", etc.

Then it transforms into "I hated them at first, but they look great from the other angles!", "They're slowly growing on me", and "They're not that great. I'll just get a pair for my collection"

And come release date, we end up with a post that says "Jordan # stories". If people think JB has become very predictable, they're no where near the automatic reactions that NT gives.

someone must have seen the fencing action scenes in the last 007 movie and said..hmm..lets slap this on the front of the shoe.

fencingmask.jpg

Okay, I think we need to all clear our heads.. Lets just state the obvious, most of you guys hating on the shoe hasn't even felt or seen the shoe first hand, come to think about it, the people that are hating haven't even seen the final product. That basically means that all your negative comments are irrelevant which should mean nothing at all. So just wait until you see the final product then start criticizing. Anther thing, JB is not gonna listen to your little crys for colorways and etc. They can care less what you think because theyre the ones making it and theyve got their own ideas.

LA-tes

[/center]

Quote:
Anther thing, JB is not gonna listen to your little crys for colorways and etc. They can care less what you think because theyre the ones making it and theyve got their own ideas.

I kind of think that statement is a little off. Although JB may have their own ideas, I hardly think they tune out customers. I recall the black/red XIs weren't supposed to be released, but the buzz from customers wanting that colorway was too loud for them to ignore. I'm also not too sure if the petition started up by an NTer for the cement IIIs was the main reason JB did the retro, but I'm sure it had somewhat of a significant impact on JB's decision.

I think the Air Jordan XIXs look nice. For sure ima get em in whatever colors that come out, jus like i did wit the XVIIIs.
And all of yall r sayin u aint gonna get em, but then a week before the shoes gonna come out i hear a different story like, "oh i cant wait till they drop this saturday" or "man i wish they were here already"
Its always like that when we first see the new jordan, everyone thinks theyre ugly and they aint gonna get em.
But soon enough when march or even February comes along, the :x
sick.gif
will turn into :D
happy.gif

I bet the lows will be :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I cant wait!!!!!!!

but the mids :x
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
0]
alien.gif

I just hate mids >:
mad.gif

Quote:
And all of yall r sayin u aint gonna get em, but then a week before the shoes gonna come out i hear a different story like, "oh i cant wait till they drop this saturday" or "man i wish they were here already"

please. i will never pay 165 for trunners.

TEAM I DONT GIVE A HOOT!!!
WE SPEAK THAT REALNESS
h20 THE GOD

DutchRT, you sounded a little "off the wall" at 1st, about the KobeTwo being designd better than the XIX, now you just sound too hard to please. But hey, it's your opinion.

peace
"I think if any man has to put on a front or lie about his stance, his position in life, to others over the internet, he's not being true to himself. He's not a man, and never was one." - CEO InSane

Back
Top Bottom