Lady Scratched My Car vol. Geico

This old lady who must've been blind decided it would be cool to cross over 2 lanes from the fast lane to an exit going 50 mph with no signal on at the last minute...I saw her an avoided her killing me but she scratched my front bumper .

She said she has no money and gave me her insurance card and phone number..the paint job is 350 , should i go thru insurance? will this make my rate go up? Smfh
View media item 1252459

Last edited:
How does that phrase go... "This thread is useless without pics"

Also how much is your deductible?

Your rate won't go up as it is her fault.

Depending on your deductible it might not be worth it though.

Your rate won't go up as this isn't your fault.
In fact your insurance company has no concern in this matter unless the other company doesn't pay or her coverage is lapsed. Then you could file with them and notify them of the situation then they would pursuit her or her insurance company. They would take care of you first though.

Call her insurance company, tell them what happen. They will fix your car and give you a rental during the downtime. Her rates goes up, not yours. There's no deductible for this.

Did she call her insurance? Usually how it goes is she calls her insurance and you call your insurance. Then your insurance calls her insurance to verify who's at fault.

It doesn't make sense that she told you she doesn't have any money. I would be worried that the insurance card is fake

Talk to her insurance. It's her fault. It should have nothing to do with yours.
My car was parked one time and somebody hit it. He gave me his insurance. I called them. I took it to the dealer body shop. It was there for 2 weeks. I told his insurance that I needed a car, they said to rent a car and they would re compensate me. Just remember it's all her fault

Calling your insurance to ask will get a claim started in most cases, even if they assure you otherwise.

Call her insurance company directly.

Calling your insurance to ask will get a claim started in most cases, even if they assure you otherwise.

Call her insurance company directly.
This.

Try to avoid going through your insurance at all.  Call her insurance up and let them know what happened.

Z
Bro she almost killed me, herself and another person

This.

Try to avoid going through your insurance at all.  Call her insurance up and let them know what happened.

No.. Insurance companies work together and can get the ball rolling and me it easier

What he should do is call his insurance company and give them the info the lady gave her. They will sort it out and go from there

His insurance could pay for it while they get reimbursed from the other company but he does need to call and report this to his insurance.

His rates will no go up

Z
Bro she almost killed me, herself and another person

This.

No.. Insurance companies work together and can get the ball rolling and me it easier

What he should do is call his insurance company and give them the info the lady gave her. They will sort it out and go from there

His insurance could pay for it while they get reimbursed from the other company but he does need to call and report this to his insurance.

His rates will no go up

Probably wouldn't be having this problem if he was in a v8 or a GTR amirite?

His rates will no go up

If his insurance company has to call her company to get them to pay for the damages, which is called subrogation, his insurance company will pay for the repairs first and file the claim under his insurance which could effect his rates at renewal and THEN they will try to get her company to reimburse them which may not happen. Insurance companies don't always work together. In fact, if his insurance company pays first and then pursues subrogation then the other insurance company will likely be reluctant to pay as they can see it as an admission of guilt on his part and then can ask for proof that she was at fault if she changes her story in the meantime. At that point it's his word against hers.

I'm not just saying this, I used to be licensed in Property and Casualty in 42 states.

There is not guarantee that this accident, depending on what the claims adjuster finds, will not affect his rates. Always better to go directly to the insurance company of the person that is at fault for the accident and if the other party has inadequate coverage to pay for the damages, THEN you call your company.

Last edited:
It's not a admission of guilt if his insurance pay.. The major insurance companies work together because they expect the same gratitude back..

Really I would just grab some touch up paint from the auto store and fill in the scratches myself and not even worry about it

Last edited:
Your rate won't go up as it is her fault.

Depending on your deductible it might not be worth it though.

Yep, if your deductible is $250 it wouldn't be worth it. If you get a no fault claims discount then you won't lose that but you are a riskier driver to cover so they will charge you more.

It makes sense - if you have tons of accidents where it technically wasn't your fault it could be because you drive too close or something test makes them more likely.

Back
Top Bottom