**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Is it safe to say we won the Cavs trade? We got out from under Clarkson's contract and got a 1st rounder and the Cavs got 2 players who aren't currently aren't even in their rotation. :lol:

Of course we came out on top. Guys like Nance and clarkson are a dime a dozen.

Of course we came out on top. Guys like Nance and clarkson are a dime a dozen.

If y'all remember though, Cavs fans and the NBA media were really excited about Nance and Clarkson after their first couple of games.

They were like "oh man! look at these hidden gems that the Cavs got. Now they're more athletic and have more depth." I was like "give it a week until Clarkson has a 5 turnover game and Nance disappears again."

Reactions: God
If y'all remember though, Cavs fans and the NBA media were really excited about Nance and Clarkson after their first couple of games.

They were like "oh man! look at these hidden gems that the Cavs got. Now they're more athletic and have more depth." I was like "give it a week until Clarkson has a 5 turnover game and Nance disappears again."

Same. I was like “wait till a semi competent coach has a scouting report on them with the Cavs”. They didn’t run any plays or setups cause they were so new. As soon as they were implemented into a “system” those 2 fell back down to earth.

I banned one of my friends from talking to me about basketball forever because he said Magic and Pelinka were incompetent and have no clue what they are doing because they traded Boot Cut Nacr and clarkson for nothing. He’s said other outlandish things, but that was enough for me.

Danilo Gallinari = $21.7M per year
Serge Ibaka = $21.7M
Jeff Teague = $19M
George Hill = $19M
Pau Gasol = $16M
Andre Iguodala = $16M
Tim Hardaway, Jr. = $15.2M
James Johnson = $15M
Taj Gibson = $14M
Mason Plumlee = $13.7M
Dion Waiters = $13M
Kelly Olynyk = $12.5M
Tony Snell = $11.5M

For those who think Randle isn't worth the money

Like Dave Miller said when he was on Spectrum Sportnet a few years ago. "With the NBA TV contracts and the league salary cap going up, a lot of mid level and un deserving players will be getting funny money contracts".

Like Dave Miller said when he was on Spectrum Sportnet a few years ago. "With the NBA TV contracts and the league salary cap going up, a lot of mid level and un deserving players will be getting funny money contracts".

That was true when the cap exploded. That isn't the case now. 20 mil will be a 1/5 of the cap next season and for a guy that may not even be a top 5 player on the team next year, that's asinine.

That was in 2016 when people thought the cap exploded and teams thought that the cap would continue to go up. The cap has flattened and now teams are scrambling to get rid of the awful contracts they signed in the 2016 offseason.

Mitch Kupchak's dumb self even thought that the CBA would even have an amnesty clause (https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-cba-after-timofey-mozgov-luol-deng-contracts)

What’s a “good” contract?

Seem like everyone in the NBA is on a bad contract except for KD and Lebron

What’s a “good” contract?

Seem like everyone in the NBA is on a bad contract except for KD and Lebron

What do you mean? A good contract is a player who performs up to a level that the team deems is worthy of their salary.

Steph Curry at $40m = good
John Wall at $40m= bad

Draymond Green at $18m = good
Loul Deng at $18m = bad

Bad contracts put financial strain on the organization because they're paying players who aren't performing well alot of money. Also some contracts age poorly. OKC will be paying a 34 year old Westrbook $46m. That's not gonna look good in afew years

Last edited:
Yeah, the majority of those contracts are fully acknowledged as being bad contracts. You're not really making much of a case.

In negotiations a player's value is determined by what other players are paid. Randle is better than all those guys

When you factor in playing time he put up numbers that only a handful of max guys did

its not like we're the 2012 thunder here.
i get it , we have a chance at acquiring two marquee free agents but locking up randle and one free agent this summer basically ensures the real core for the next 5-7 years while paying luxury tax hits
guys like BI, Zo, Kuz are all locks really.
we can afford to pay all of them
we aint sniffing salary cap space for 10 years from now anyway

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE knows you dont let a talent like randle at his age just walk for nothing

In negotiations a player's value is determined by what other players are paid. Randle is better than all those guys

When you factor in playing time he put up numbers that only a handful of max guys did

Yea, none of those guys are 23 yr old double-double threats that can switch everything.

Having a versatile big is really important in today's game and our defense is best when we're switching everything. Those kind of bigs don't come cheap.

I'm cool with not matching him but you better have another option ready. Do you give a 1 yr to Nerlens, then pay him close to 20 mil if lives up to expectations? Do you go after Aaron Gordon? Do you try to get Jerami Grant for cheap?

We need that switching small ball 5 next to all the wings and big guards we have.

Randle's role going forward will be diminished at least that's what I'm predicting.

If we don't land George, I'd be curious if we could pry Gordon away from ORL.
Pretty sure its gonna take a max offer to get him. I've always wanted him tho, would be a fun team.

Randle's role going forward will be diminished at least that's what I'm predicting.

I feel like as the league moves towards more switching he's only going to become more valuable. A big that can switch and punish switches on the other end is not easy to find. And if he comes close to being a league avg 3pt shooter its over.

PelinkamoneyfingersTW.gif

PelinkaNoMoneyTW.gif

Yea, none of those guys are 23 yr old double-double threats that can switch everything.

Having a versatile big is really important in today's game and our defense is best when we're switching everything. Those kind of bigs don't come cheap.

I'm cool with not matching him but you better have another option ready. Do you give a 1 yr to Nerlens, then pay him close to 20 mil if lives up to expectations? Do you go after Aaron Gordon? Do you try to get Jerami Grant for cheap?

We need that switching small ball 5 next to all the wings and big guards we have.

Yup and that's the thing, no other option comes close. It's really crucial to retain both Randle and brook, definitely Randle

Back
Top Bottom