**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Anyone else happy that we don’t need to analyze top 10 picks this year. It’s like the process of “who do we take with our 2nd pick?” has been stressful as a fan. Then the doubt all year as people overreact and re-drafts etc. now it’s just, take the best player at 25 and lets play ball.

Literally didn’t even know the lottery was last night until after it happened

So what are the goals for per game averages next year?

Lonzo:
14 6 10

Julius:
17 11 3

Ingram:
18 5 5

Kuz:
20 7 2

ESPNi post lottery mock

25. Los Angeles Lakers (via Cavs)
20527.jpg

Mitchell Robinson
College: None
C

Height: 6-11 | Weight: 20.1

The Lakers don't have anything in the way of a rim-protector on their roster, with all of their centers being of the skilled-but-lumbering variety. The contract of their starting center, Brook Lopez, is also expiring this summer.

Robinson is one of the most talented prospects in the draft physically -- with impressive length, athleticism and shot-blocking instincts -- but is far away from contributing. The fact that he elected not to play college basketball this season won't help his NBA readiness, but at some point in the draft, he's worth taking a gamble on as a developmental project.

Starting salary: $1,746,840

I’m going backup PG or defensive C, BPA of those two.

I’m not so sure we don’t trade our picks in a Deng deal. We’ll see

The 25th pick is not going to get someone to take on Deng’s awful contract.

The only way that works is if they package someone like Ingram/Kuzma/Ball with the pick to either free up enough cap space or make a big enough offer to land an impact player (and Deng the throw in to match salaries).

Lakers only shot at returning to playoffs soon is to lure LeBron out of Cleveland. PG13 isn’t doing it.

The 25th pick is not going to get someone to take on Deng’s awful contract.

The only way that works is if they package someone like Ingram/Kuzma/Ball with the pick to either free up enough cap space or make a big enough offer to land an impact player (and Deng the throw in to match salaries).

Lakers only shot at returning to playoffs soon is to lure LeBron out of Cleveland. PG13 isn’t doing it.

I wasn’t saying JUST the 25th pick can unload Deng. I was thinking this year’s first, next year’s first, a second and a player like TB or Zu to a team that wants to build through the draft and has to hit the cap floor ie Atlanta if they trade Bazemore this summer

I wasn’t saying JUST the 25th pick can unload Deng. I was thinking this year’s first, next year’s first, a second and a player like TB or Zu to a team that wants to build through the draft and has to hit the cap floor ie Atlanta if they trade Bazemore this summer

Well they can’t give up the two consecutive firsts before the draft, so they have to select that pick for a team this year in a prearranged deal or send a ‘20 first. A team taking on that contract will likely want to pick THEIR guy at 25.

That’s still a lot (two firsts) to just rid yourself of a contract unless you KNOW you have free agents ready to come. Since they can’t talk to free agents until after the draft, they are in a tough spot.

Ya but if they can get 2 FAs plus wanna keep Randle, Deng gotta go right? U a Celtics fan with that screen name

What if LBJ and PG want to come but they want Randle to stay?

Ya but if they can get 2 FAs plus wanna keep Randle, Deng gotta go right? U a Celtics fan with that screen name

What if LBJ and PG want to come but they want Randle to stay?

I’m of the belief that if LeBron does want to go to the Lakers, it will be with CP3, and they will get rid of whatever it takes to get a third star.

If Houston gets smoked in 5 to the Warriors, what is CP3 staying there for? He will go and convince his buddy to join.

You know neither will want to deal with Lavar, so Lonzo’s a goner. That’s the opportunity to package picks with Deng (and Ball and possibly Kuzma or Ingram) to get another star and unload salary to sign CP3/LBJ.

Don’t think LeBron is as enamored to play with PG13 as most seem to think. But maybe. He clearly needs a primary ball handler and PG doesn’t really fit the bill.

Gonna be an interesting draft/moratorium/summer.

So let me get this straight. I'm delusional because I don't believe your completely rumors?

Bro, just take this L and leave.

When did I say this was anything more than what I believe makes most sense for LeBron? I never said take this “rumor” to the bank.

If LeBron leaves Cleveland, I don’t believe it will be to play with “Playoff P” in LA. But I do believe Lakers are still an option for him.

If LeBron agrees to move west, it’s not to play with Ball, Kuzma, or Ingram. All of those will be shopped (along with Deng and picks) IF LeBron wants to go to LA.

Back
Top Bottom